It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 shot, 2 dead in Baltimore last night yet barely a mention in the MSM ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

My apologies , I did not mean to sound condescending and snarky . I meant that it is a sad commentary on where we are at that ONLY 230 murders in a large city is considered doing pretty well .

Still working on my coffee .

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lgbtlivesmatter
a reply to: 8675309jenny

You don't consider it reliable? Why because it has conservative in the title? I find dismissing anything out of hand just because politically you stand in the other theater, the hight of ignorance.

Sir, I definitely do not stand in the "other theater" from conservative. If forced to pick a label I would probably go with 'constitutional republican'.

Probably poor wording on my part; I don't consider it AS reliable AS the first link. The site clearly is dedicated to the conservative cause, and seems almost blog-ish, and while I am conservative myself, I make a bit of effort to be impartial in the presentation.
edit on 29-4-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
People get shot every day in Baltimore, same as all big cities in the US.
I don't expect either the riots or the protests will change that.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stonecutter45
a reply to: Krazysh0t

My apologies , I did not mean to sound condescending and snarky . I meant that it is a sad commentary on where we are at that ONLY 230 murders in a large city is considered doing pretty well .

Still working on my coffee .

It sucks, but then again such is life. Problems rarely ever get 100% solved. People who pretend that they can be create bigger problems when they implement their solutions. The key is to understand this and therefore minimize the undesirable actions.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Stonecutter45

I don't think it was said so much as a good thing, just adding some context. Locals (no idea if Krazyshot is local) define a bad night differently than outsiders.

An ER doc in southeast DC would define a "good night" as having "only" 4 GSWs and one DOA. A "bad night" would be a gang shoot out resulting in 3 DOAs, one died in surgery, and 5 GSWs. It's all relative to your perspective on things.

Oh I understood , I just came off as a smarta** when I didn't mean too .

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Im in the Detroit area...5 a day is nothing....you wont even here about most days...it just wasted news time to them. Just another typical shooting....sadly

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
There are crips and bloods and a whole lot of drug traffic in large cities. Those factors alone will bring about shootings.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

It's the same here in Saginaw and Flint. Though Flint is a bit worse for wear, than we over here in Sagnasty. I stay in my home. It's safest there. I wish I had the money to move out in the sticks - but there are problems living out there in the boonies to, particularly if you want to raise children sensitive to a multi-cultural world, sooo.

CdT

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
One dead in five shootings in Baltimore Tuesday

5 shot, 2killed in Baltimore

Obviously I don't consider the second link as reliable, but it appears both articles are referring to 4 of the same people (ages 22, 24, 27 & 31)

At least four people have been shot in Baltimore this evening. Two of them died. The media is on lockdown and refusing to disclose the race of any of the victims or suspects.

A 27 year old man was shot in face while riding his bike. Northwest side.

A 24 year old man was grazed on the side of his head by a bullet. West side.

A 22 year old man was shot in the leg. Cold Springs Park.

A 31 year old woman was shot and killed. Park Heights.

A 42 year old man was shot multiple times and killed. Park Heights.

There were deaths, rapes, robberies, ODs, etc... that happened during Woodstock '99 in our town that weren't reported initially before the riots even occurred. It doesn't surprise me that Baltimore is trying to keep any major crime, other than looting on the down low. My ex was one of the 5 second security guards they trained and hired for the event. One of the injuries was a Russian kid who tried jumping from one bridge to another, not realizing there was about 25-40 feet of space between the bridges. He fell a good 10-15 stories below and was paralyzed. He was trying to get to his friend's car on the other bridge driving in the opposite direction. (One bridge drove one way into town, the other bridge drove the other way out of town.)

There were at least 5 rapes. One kid passed out due to drugs in the mud in a farmer's field and the farmer didn't see him when he went to go over his field with a tractor. Accidentally killed the kid. The farmer was devastated. Then came the lovely day of the riots. One hell of a mess. That used to be a nice place. Until the mayor thought he was "hip and cool". We had a choice of Nascar track, Ford motor company, or one time event of Woodstock. Our idiot mayor chose Woodstock. The town that got Nascar made over $1million in profit in the first day. Our idiot residents were more concerned with the noise Nascar would bring and noise and pollution Ford would bring. Not J-O-B for our residents, who already were mainly on welfare or unemployment. Let's not think straight. Noooo. How many jobs and money did the riots of Woodstock '99 bring the town other than shame? Just curious.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Guy was shot pumping gas today when a car pulled up and fired 45 rounds!....He caught a couple but dragged himaelf into station to get away.

Pumping gas...someone fires 45 rounds!?!?!!!

Juat daily life in the "D"....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join