It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conversation begins:Study finds racial bias in 70% percent of all races!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Oops lol accidental post.
edit on 4/29/1515 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/29/1515 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

ok everyone needs to actually take the test this is rather annoying, FYI

In the next task, you will be presented with a set of words or images to classify into groups. This task requires that you classify items as quickly as you can while making as few mistakes as possible. Going too slow or making too many mistakes will result in an uninterpretable score. This part of the study will take about 5 minutes. The following is a list of category labels and the items that belong to each of those categories.

Category Items
Good Joy, Love, Peace, Wonderful, Pleasure, Glorious, Laughter, Happy
Bad Agony, Terrible, Horrible, Nasty, Evil, Awful, Failure, Hurt
African American faces of African American people
European American faces of European American people
Keep in mind
Keep your index fingers on the 'e' and 'i' keys to enable rapid response.
Two labels at the top will tell you which words or images go with each key.
Each word or image has a correct classification. Most of these are easy.
The test gives no results if you go slow -- Please try to go as fast as possible.
Expect to make a few mistakes because of going fast. That's OK.
For best results, avoid distractions and stay focused.

Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American.
The interpretation is described as 'automatic preference for European American' if you responded faster when European American faces and Good words were classified with the same key than when African American faces and Good words were classified with the same key. Depending on the magnitude of your result, your automatic preference may be described as 'slight', 'moderate', 'strong', or 'little to no preference'. Alternatively, you may have received feedback that 'there were too many errors to determine a result'.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Personally, I think the term racist has been hijacked to purposely keep the masses fighting among themselves by creating an aggressor and victim mentality.

I think we need to reach a level of society where we don't label people racist any longer just stupid people, in order to progress.

I would be more interested in seeing a poll where people are asked if there are valid reasons to be racist.

I think we would be pleasantly surprised that the majority of the people would frown on racism, but yet we still are fighting about it? Its like two posters here on ATS that agree on the issue , but continue to fight with each other anyhow.

If anyone thinks any one race is superior to any other race in everything they are just plain stupid , end of story.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Pinke

ok everyone needs to actually take the test this is rather annoying, FYI

I have taken the test, FYI. What I was saying applies directly to it.

It's not a denial of uncomfortable truths to point out the well documented issues in a type of investigation method. It might suit your personal beliefs to think that, but in actuality your conclusions are over reaching IMO. I'm not intending to annoy anyone by pointing that out. Racism exists, using imprecise methods to confirm it only gives people an avenue for the denial of that issue.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Apologies if im stepping on toes here in regards to what others have said, i only skimmed the replies and im about to go out and wanted to get my thought in before i forget

This all really boils down to identity crisis. This is becoming a huge thing on just about all fronts imaginable, while the general idealist thoughts are to make everyone as equal and neutral as possible. Im talking race, religion, gender, sexuality as the big 4 but many many infinite more subcategory's of life style and such.

The news wants to label things right, as it should, celebrates want to "connect" with their heritage, history and bloodlines - the older the label the more important people feel it is to stress about it.

Labels help us define who we like and who we dont, historically this has nearly always been a case of life or death, but in todays equal rights world we strive for thats no longer the case - but the attitude behind it all still is, its actually instinct to some degree.

Basically its going to take time, yes we are bias still, but compare that to the same survey X decades ago and X decades in the future and im almost positive it is moving in "the right" direction.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

That experience suggests what I have heard about this; that the test itself is biased, and set to make people appear to favor one race over another. I don't buy it.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
There is no conversation to begin.

People are inherently Racist against Africans

We have known the reason why for years it's just no one wants to admit that there is a genetic factor.

FACTS

Europeans = 3% Neanderthal, Asians 3% Denisova, Asians and Europeans sometimes have some of both, there is a 3rd hominid group in the mix we haven't discovered yet.

Africans 100% Homosapien, nothing else

80,000 years ago after the Indonesian caldera exploded and climate changed in Africa we had the most recent "Out of African Movement, the 3 previous Hominid groups no longer exist ergo Asians and Europeans were butchered and raped by Africans until all that was left was a few % of their original DNA, which leads to via natural selection a tendency to "avoid Africans"

I'm not saying it's "right" but this study confirms it and so would every other, it's in the fossil record for christs sake as well... Neanderthal heads bashed in by "out of African" axes

We like to "pretend" we are One species

We are NOT

Every single other Hominid species was raped and pillaged by the last "out of Africa Movement" every hominid species from Sweeden to Indonesia didn't die from climate change, the Genetic record is hard fact.

No one wants to talk about it... because it could be used and would be used by some idiots to "justify" their feelings of Racism. It's still real either way though.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

How is this study on racism used to excuse authoritarian abuse of power?

Hidden hand? No.

Corporate Oligarchy in plain sight. Yes.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
There is no conversation to begin.

People are inherently Racist against Africans

proof?

We have known the reason why for years it's just no one wants to admit that there is a genetic factor.
proof?
FACTS

Europeans = 3% Neanderthal, Asians 3% Denisova, Asians and Europeans sometimes have some of both, there is a 3rd hominid group in the mix we haven't discovered yet.

meaning...what exactly?
Africans 100% Homosapien, nothing else
What conclusion are you trying to draw here?
80,000 years ago after the Indonesian caldera exploded and climate changed in Africa we had the most recent "Out of African Movement, the 3 previous Hominid groups no longer exist ergo Asians and Europeans were butchered and raped by Africans until all that was left was a few % of their original DNA, which leads to via natural selection a tendency to "avoid Africans"
The human population living on the continent of Africa has the highest genetic variation of all human beings(being the origin of the species that's not hard to understand). All humans are originated from africa. Biology promotes adaptability and not rigidity. Human do have a genetic fear of spiders and snakes.
The human race almost went extinct( around 10,000 left) in africa before the climate warmed up and pre-racial humans started to expand outward 70,000 years ago.

genographic.nationalgeographic.com...

I'm not saying it's "right" but this study confirms it and so would every other, it's in the fossil record for christs sake as well... Neanderthal heads bashed in by "out of African" axes
Like out of africa europeans competing for the same sources of food?
We like to "pretend" we are One species
Scientists have concluded that all humans are the same species via genetic analysis. What proof to you have otherwise?
We are NOT
Your opinion.
Every single other Hominid species was raped and pillaged by the last "out of Africa Movement" every hominid species from Sweden to Indonesia didn't die from climate change, the Genetic record is hard fact.
Your opinion
No one wants to talk about it... because it could be used and would be used by some idiots to "justify" their feelings of Racism. It's still real either way though.
again Your opinion

edit on 5
-5-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

I think your study shows that people are biased toward western european culture.

A more important study would be exactly why the people polled are biased toward western european culture(pro-west dominated media maybe?).
edit on 5-5-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Its not used to excuse abuse of power, i think you misinterpreted what i was saying?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
DOUBLE!
edit on 5-5-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join