It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thunderstruck [May2015]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: grayeagle

Thanks very much for that grayeagle!

I really appreciate your taking the time to read my story!

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I've played both a stormy and an electrokinetic at tabletop RPG. They were two intriguing characters with interesting possibilities to play with once you really started thinking about all the things you might be able to manipulate. If you continue with this guy's story, you could have all sorts of fun with him!

I like where you are going so far with him. Will there be more? I hate not getting the end of the story because then I plague myself with my own possibilities endlessly.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Ketsuko,

Thanks very much for dropping by my thread, and reading the tale that dwells within!

Between one thing and another, I do not have any intention of writing any more of this story, any time soon. Certainly not within the time frame of the competition. I have some things happening in my life at the moment, which although positive, are very time consuming. Couple that with the fact that as the days grow longer and warmer, I grow wearier and more muzzy headed (summer... What can I tell you, it just is not my season), and the result is a big old "Hell NO!".

As I mentioned in response to other queries I have had which strayed into similar territory, if I am ever going to add to this story then a) it will take a bloody long time to write, to flesh out. And b) as a result this will only be able to happen when I have large blocks of free time. I have a chaotic methodology when it comes to sitting down and writing something. I tend to write whole chunks of story in massive blocks. I am not one of those people who can sit down for twenty minutes every so often throughout the day, and crank out a story in fits and starts. I have to have a few straight hours spare to get the content out, and in a format with which I am happy.

I would LOVE to have the time to do it, since I love writing, all kinds of writing. But when it comes to story telling, I have to have freedom of time and headspace in which to do it, or else whatever comes off my keyboard will just be disarticulated, timelines get all mangled up, characters dissolve into obscurity and dialogue collapses into meaninglessness. I like writing enough, that when I do it, I like to do it as well as I possibly can, and so I do not want to be in a position where I am just forcing myself to shoehorn it in around the chaos that is my life.

You can bet your bottom dollar though, that if I do find time to do anything more with this, then I will be all over it like a magnetosphere on a planet with a hot iron core! It just is not on the cards right now is all!

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Nicely done mate!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Thanks very much swanne!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Riveting! Engrossing.

Loved it. The story painted a picture, and I could imagine the story, in my minds eye, as I read it.

I wouldn't want to be in Hank's way.

S&F

CdT

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

*GASP*

I MISSED YOUR REPLY!

My sincerest apologies CirqueDeTruth! Thanks very much!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Love it...You do some GREAT work...

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

Thank you very much ccbears!

I had fun writing it, and I am glad it was enjoyed by those who have read it!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

First of all, the less I write of the rest of the story, the more readers can engage with their imaginations and sculpt a continuation for themselves. It allows them to put themselves in Hanks shoes, and walk a mile or so in them in their heads, and that is more engaging for the reader I think.

good sir, do not tempt me.

...damn, too late.

edit on 16-6-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Did you enjoy your merry jaunt?

I hope so!

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Very well written. I hope someone is paying you for your work.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ventian

Nope. Nobody pays me to write. I do it because it is fun, and because I love doing it.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I remember reading and giving this an s&f about a month ago, and I REALLY like the last line. Sums up that feeling very well. Who's gonna stop you when you've got no reason to stop yourself?

Fantastic

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join