It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Alaskas Aerial Wolf Slaughter Underway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
As wild and vast as Alaska is, state authorities and their agents are conducting the largest ever aerial wolf hunt. 900 more wolves are slated to be killed, chased to exhaustion by aircraft and shot. The hunts continue even as people protest, and have voted against the practice.

defenders.spacely.com
Urgent Alaska Update: Aerial Gunning to Kill 900 Wolves

Terrible news from Alaska.

The anti-conservation Board of Game has just voted to allow up to 900 wolves to be killed by the barbaric practice of aerial gunning. This is six times as many as were killed last winter.

Easy targets against fallen snow, wolves can be gunned down from airplanes or chased to exhaustion, then shot at point blank range.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Pleae, help, time is critical. The first 4 wolves were just killled. I am ashamed that my state is allowing this carnage to happen. If you are in the media or news industry, please help us gain national attention. Together, we can stop the carnage. This is the largest aerial slaughter ever, since the 1950's- we have to stop it! If you love animals, do one of the options provided on this page, and Help Stop the Slaughter of Alaska Wolves. Just a signature on the petition (39,311 have signed so far) is a great help, a phone call to the Governor Murkowski's office is another way to assist, the phone # is 907-465-3500.
The slaughter of bears will occur next, if we allow it to happen. It is already being planned.
I shudder as I think of the number, nine hundred wolves.

Related News Links:
www.adn.com
www.defenders.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Alaska's Aerial Wolf Slaughter- Will You Help?

[edit on 21-12-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yes, I cant believe the Fish and Game would allow something like this. Murkowski doesnt care about the wolves or antyhing similar, hes a republican ya know. I dont even see a reason why they are killing the wolves. It doesnt mention any in the article, it cant be just for fun. Its not like they've ever been a considerable danger too humans or anything.

Now, if they were shooting squirrels from planes id be all for it. The squirrels in my neighborhood in Wasilla were lil bastards. Always teasing my dog and throwing stuff at him, evil little things!

new topics

join