It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've never been there, but I have.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Before I go on with this thread, I just want to point out that I have no idea if it should be in Paranormal Studies, or any other place. So please move it accordingly if need be please.

Anyway, to start, lately I've had images pop up into my head. Its always a place, never anything else. At first, I didn't think much of it, chalking it up to my brain being weird. So far, its only been three places so far, and im confident that none of them are connected in any way, and I've never been to these places, or seen them in any media. That being said, whenever I think about them, I know that I've been there. The first image was like a British pub looking place. Dimly lit, no one there, and I get the feeling that its chilly in that area. I've never been away from North America in my life. I am part English, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

The second image was of a house in front of tall willow and other trees. I know the interior, and the lay out of the house. When i think about it, its a warmer place, and the inside of the house is decorated. I can find my way around it no problem. Something soothing about the place that I cant explain. Never seen it before. Now, so far, I was thinking that its just my brain.

Then last week, I had my third one. This time I decided to search for it on Google Images. What I saw was a sort of jungle temple looking place. After scrolling for a while through pictures, I found it. Like, the exact place. Just to make sure it was this place and not some other random place, I started looking for a video tour of the place which I found. Its an ancient temple area called Angkor Thom. And I had that "I've been here before" feeling. Trying to see how much I could point out of it, I decided to use Google Earth to go over the area myself. I turned off all the filters that associate pictures, roads, other stuff, that way I'd have no help in finding things. It's 9 square kilometers, so somewhat large. I navigated my way to all sorts of smaller parts of the place, and each time, I knew what to look for. After thinking about it for a while, I decided there was more around it, especially to the South. Long story short, I found Angkor Wat, which is to the South, among many other places that are related.

The weird part about the entire thing is that, I feel like I was there recently. Normally I'd again just chalk it up to either my brain being weird, or possibly having seen it before. But I've never been to Cambodia, never learned about anything near this place in all my years in school. Hell, I didnt even know Cambodia had anything other than the cheap lobster mentioned in the first Men in Black movie lol. I dont believe in reincarnation, but at the same time, I cant dismiss the possibility. I'm a very scientific person, and not spiritual at all. Which is what bothers me the most about this. Why would I randomly "remember" these places? If it was just one place, then I'd believe that it was just something I saw somewhere on tv or something, but all three happening within a few weeks of each other? It's a bit unnerving to say the least. Someone please tell me I'm probably not crazy!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: D4RKL1GHT

You're crazy... for astral projection!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Lol I think I'd rather believe that I was given a date rape drug, taken to these places, and then brought back, just to $#&@ with me. I mean, I'd at least have a laugh about it!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

And as you wander about the place and go in the house the people think they see a ghost but its you they are seeing

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pavmas

In all three places, there are no people. It's strange.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: D4RKL1GHT

Lol I think I'd rather believe that I was given a date rape drug, taken to these places, and then brought back, just to $#&@ with me. I mean, I'd at least have a laugh about it!

Please explain to me what is funny about being drugged and raped, because I'm in the mood for a chuckle..but I'm thinking that maybe your sense of humor and mine might just possibly be radically different...

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jessme2

obviously nothing about that is funny. im just stating that for all i know, id rather believe that someone did something like that to me. granted i never said that i got raped, just that it was that kind of drug. not sure how many people would have understood if i said someone "slipped me a mickey" i apologize for the confusion, but honestly, dont take it the wrong way. I'm not a cruel and heartless person like that.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: D4RKL1GHT

Some things are just inexplicable and it is definitely true that our memories are malleable and have a tendency to be susceptible to suggestion by anything including ourselves.

I have had more than one déjà vu about the same situation which was pretty strange since it would mean that I literally was in the situation more than once if I was to trust the feeling.
edit on 28-4-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

It could be memories from your past life? If you believe that sort of stuff is possible.

Maybe a little science/spiritual mix will help you find your answer.
edit on 28-4-2015 by frostie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Regarding what you said about the malleability of memory, I agree, it is quite easy to do. Hence why I tried making it more difficult for myself when exploring, that way I thought that I could rule out anything like that. Either way, I feel like I need to go to Cambodia now lol. Even if it just ends up being a vacation rather than anything mind blowing.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

I've been wondering that as well. Like I said, I'm a very scientific person, but I do try to keep my mind open to all possibilities. And regardless of the outcome, whether its reincarnation, memory malleability like greencmp said, or anything else, I just want an answer. It just sucks when I have no evidence to lead me in any way.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Ahh you're just like me. Ive had another thought!

What if you've dreamed of these places, and forgotten your dreams? (most people do after waking up)

Now you may think that how could I dream of these places but never seen them?
Everything you dream even down to the faces that you've seen are from the sub-conscious/conscious.
You cant make up faces in dreams and Im fairly sure this applies to places and items. Unless you get into the whole RV and AP stuff.

All it couldve taken is a quick glace of this temple in a magazine without any thought and boom your sub-conscious brings it out in your dream!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Very good point! It was another thing i had considered. Doesnt explain the feeling of being there before, or how i was finding things on my own, but it is so far the most believable explanation. Though I will say, part of me is fighting that idea mentally.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I do not believe in reincarntaion but know that you can exist outside your own body from past experience, I also do not disbelieve reincarnation so that whole existing outside your own body and even in other people is a point, but also it could potentially pass memory between people.

Angkor was a very important and huge city with massive population that must have left residual echoes of itself in the collective spiritual psychic field of the human race.

I have had a number of "I have been here" experiences in places I have never been but am open as to what they mean, they could have been fragment's of other's psyches left over and lingering in a place, echoes in the spiritual eather that my own soul or brain could activate due to sympathetic psychic resonance etc.

One of the strange ones, I used to work for a Japanese company called Sanko Gosei UK limited and had gone over to Japan with three other member's of the company to learn a new process as it was perfomed in Japan, nothing complicated just an ultra sonic welding and balancing process for making sanyo cross blow air conditioning fan's.

The whole country felt not alien but strangely familiar while at the same time I felt alien, not them but me in myself.

We were travelling out of tokyo by car up into some hilly country when we passed a shinto shrine visible from the car, just a stone monument by the side of a path and I had this overwheling feeling of knowing the place, I had been there before or so it felt but I felt a long time ago like it was different now, the road should not have been there but I knew that shrine.

On another occasion we were looking out at the pacific having gone for a ride with one of our Japanese hosts and I had this terrible feeling of fear looking at the sea like something bad was out there, I live near the coast and do not get that feeling here in the UK, it was palpable terror and I just did not want to go near to that sea at all, this was 1998 so long before the terrible tsunami that claimed so many live's.

Are we born again, I do not know, do we astral project, I am not sure I would call it that but I do know that I have been outside my own body and even in other people, or rather one other person, I have experienced fragment's of other people's memory's especially ones involving terrible end of life trauma so what do I think, I truly do not know as you can not show what a building look's like from a single brick but it is possible that it is not all us but that some of the disembodyed can pass on echoes of there lost lives as they blend with or pass through the living perhaps fading into those people and losing themselves into the living entity or there is a field in which living memory still lingers we sometime's tap into.

edit on 28-4-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

That was very thought provoking! Also, what you have experienced sounds amazing. More intense than what I have experienced for sure! It almost makes me think of the quantum scale, and the possibility of our conciousness being on a quantum scale.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

If you've dreamed it then you couldn't of distinguished between fantasy and reality which is where the sense of being there may stem from.

I think were onto something

Sometimes ill being going throughout my day and I see a person and I think to myself "Hey wasnt he in my dream last night!?" having no recollection of even dreaming about them until I saw them later that day, but all of the sudden I can visualize my whole dream hours after forgetting it. This might be the same phenomenon that is happening to you.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Oh wow. Yeah, very possible. The only thing that makes me wanna argue that is the fact that I was able to explore the area of Angkor Thom, and sucessfully navigate around. Normally I'd agree, but that was a level of knowledge that I'm not sure a dream can produce. Again, it was like I knew more than... well, I knew. Very hard to explain lol. But being an objective, and evidence based person, I cannot rule out your theory at all. I must say, it is very nice to explain this whole thing, and not worry about criticized, or called crazy lol. I'd love to go 10,000 years into the future just to learn what our species has learned about reality by then.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Hmmm you've toured the place and have more knowledge than you think you should. Interesting.

Well Labtech provided the spiritual side well and I the scientific standpoint. Always good to have both sides!
What about the Religious standpoint being that these are vision from God

Oh, and I bet we wont last another 10,000 years. We will probably blow ourselves up by then.
edit on 28-4-2015 by frostie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Well, I'm also an atheist, but again, I like to keep an open mind, even if it seems improbable to me. Though I'm not sure why if there was a grand creator, with the entire breadth and scope of the universe, He would focus that on me. I very highly doubt that He would pick me of all people. There are so many more people better suited for this lol.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

The yukky face kinda says it all on my religious standpoint, as im agnostic

Our thinking is along the same path and ill advise you than an open mind is a wise mind.
A religious person would say he chose you to "shine the light" or whatever. I bet im stepping on some toes now...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join