It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a Metal Music Fan? I thought I was.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

What would you guys classify "In This Moment" in all this sub category??

Personally, I would classify them as a rock band, not a metal band.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Is this metal? I like this.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FaceMyBook

Mudvayne, Korn, the Deftones, White/Rob Zombie, Static X, Manson...etc--are all examples of modern rock bands.

If you want metal you need Slayer, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Emperor, Behemoth, Belphegor, Burzum, Cannibal Corpse, Lamb of God, Leviathan, Amon Amarth, or anything that follows that style.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Labels are usually created by journalists and editors in order to sell their articles and magazines. For example, here is an amazing band that I wouldn't necessarily be able to label because they are so diverse.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-4-2015 by Voyaging because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm not interested in labeling the types of metal I like anymore as that used to matter when I was in my 20's and was convinced I was grim and evil.. Now I am more interested about what I can put which sounds good to me in my headphones. =)

I listen to Opeth, Novembers Doom, Katatonia, Emperor, Ihsahn , Anathema, My Dying Bride, Mournful Congregation , Type O Negative, Samhain, Tapping the Vein along with Dead Can Dance, Brendan Perry, Pink Floyd, Black Tape for a Blue Girl, Lycia, Faith and the Muse, Chelsea Wolfe, Tim Buckley and other things..

If someone likes Dimmu Borgir great.
if someone likes Limp Bizkit wonderful.
If someone likes Disturbed fine by me..

As long as people listen to something that moves them in some way then that is all that I care about.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Goldenwilys
At 59 I grew up in an age before Metal came along, hard to say who/what was first Sabbath, Budgie, Deep Purple, Zep, etc.
I have always liked metal, I think it is a difficult music. So much of what I hear burns me out before midway through the number. I think if it takes itself too seriously it fails.
Here is an old one from 2005, Undercover Slut

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

ETA: This song is a personal favorite of mine.
edit on 28-4-2015 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I hate all the sub-genres.
When I first started ripping CD's it was so annoying because some programs would automatically label and classify each disc. Then I would go back and organize it the way I wanted to. What's sad is that after 17 yrs I'm still trying to get my music organized.

So my 2 favorites The Misfits - punk/metal - the term goth didn't come around til years after they started in 1977
Ministry - industrial/ speed metal
I also enjoy classic metal AC/DC, Black Sabbath, etc
But these get stuck in classification of time frames - my categories are by decade. For some reason I like playlists that have songs from that same era and can't lump it all together with current bands.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tankgirl
So my 2 favorites The Misfits - punk/metal - the term goth didn't come around til years after they started in 1977

Of all of Danzig's bands or things he influenced I actually rank The Misfits the 3rd..That isn't to say that I don't listen to Walk Among Us and still feel the same things I felt 25-30 years ago..It's more to say that I prefer the sound of Samhain, Danzig , The Misfits , Eerie Von Solo work ,Kryst the Conqueror then the recent Jerry Only flavor of The Misfits. All the same if some young kid some place picks up a recent Misfits thing and they go back from that then it is great.

Ministry is actually playing in Philly soon so that could be fun..

The music by decade thing makes sense to me..I have one playlist which spans the late 70s/80s/early 90 and is just Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Siouxsie, The Mission UK , London After Midnight, Rosetta Stone, Shadow Project and other similar things..That moves into Stabbing Westward , The Last Dance, Faith and the Muse and others...

It all still holds up...

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

My Misfits thing is only for the original the new band just ain't the same.
I had one Danzig album it was ok. And yes I think it's more to do with the nostalgia I get from listening to Astrozombies and I turned into a martian. I think it's strange how Glen sounds like he's channeling Elvis in Where eagles dare.
The box set I have came in a coffin. It has a lot of repetitive songs but it really good none the less. I had a purple vinyl bootleg, not sure where it went.

Oh and Ministry in concert is incredible. I went to a show here in my state back in the 90's, I think I smashed my truck window that night. I was so messed up. I can listen to The Land of Rape & Honey over & over.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I still love the "classic" metal. Here is some hardcore thrash/horror/gore/speed metal from some lads down in Texas from back in 1988. Mike Scaccia R.I.P.

edit on 28-4-2015 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Goldenwilys
Thats is my husbands idea of a love song right there. He's lucky I am the type of girl who falls for it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join