It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigerian army rescue close to 300 women and girls from Boko Haram

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Some good news for a change!
Did an ATS search for this but found nothing, if already posted, mods please delete

Army cannot confirm if schoolgirls kidnapped last year are among the group

Nigeria's army says it has rescued 200 girls and 93 women during a military operation against Boko Haram militants.

The offensive took place in the Sambisa Forest, in the northeast of the country, and destroyed three militant camps there, the army said on its Twitter account.

Source

This is really great news, no one is quite certain if they are the girls that prompted the hashtag Twitter campaign but they are safe and that is all that matters. Took them a while but it is a significant victory for the Nigerian Army (And US Marine intel) against a fanatical and ruthless foe.

To rescue those women from hell alive, is definitely worth celebrating.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Great!

Sadly though, our governments are busy arming and supporting the Saudis who are helping ISIS who are in return helping the Boko scumbags. Boko haram recently pledged allegiance to Al-bagdady and his bloodthirsty killers.

The Nigerian army was recently shown on Vice kicking some boko arse. They seriously need some funding and support to continue the fight.
edit on 28-4-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Update: the girls/women rescued are not the 'Chibok Girls' kidnapped last year.

Source

NIGERIAN TROOPS HAVE rescued nearly 300 girls and women during an offensive against Boko Haram militants in the northeastern Sambisa Forest, the military said, but they did not include any of the schoolgirls kidnapped from Chibok a year ago.
The army announced the rescue on Twitter and said it was screening and interviewing the abducted girls and women.
Troops destroyed and cleared four militant camps and rescued 200 abducted girls and 93 women “but they are not the Chibok girls,” army spokesman Col. Sani Usman told The Associated Press.
Nearly 300 schoolgirls were kidnapped from the northeastern town of Chibok by the Islamic extremist group Boko Haram in April 2014. The militants took the schoolgirls in trucks into the Sambisa Forest. Dozens escaped, but 219 remain missing.
The plight of the schoolgirls, who have become known as “the Chibok girls,” aroused international outrage and a campaign for their release under the hashtag #BringBackOurGirls.

I hope that this victory will embolden the Nigerian Army and inspire them to eradicate this cancer within their lands and they do not stop until every one of these barbaric medieval scumbags is staring into the face of God..
....And let her decide!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: HumansEh

Excellent for the Nigerian Army and I bet they had to fight hard for it.

One can only feel so sorry for those girls and women. I suspect none of them will ever be the same again. How can people be so backward in the 21st century its beyond me. Its slavery which with its history, should be absolutely abhorrent to Nigerians and anyone from Africa.

Human trafficking in any form and slavery needs to have huge prison sentences imposed on those who carry it out to act as a deterrent to make especially men think twice as obviously these people's sense of morality simply doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
While it is sad that it isn't the chibok girls, they still deserve huge respect for rescuing these women and girls.
Just think how many more are out there!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Three cheers to the Nigerian Army, I sincerely hope they executed many of the criminals, in achieving this great outcome

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I always wondered how a small group of militants provided water, food, shelter and sanitation for that many women.

Sal

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
I always wondered how a small group of militants provided water, food, shelter and sanitation for that many women.

Sal

These savages have been looting and pillaging their way with relative impunity across vast areas helping themselves to whatever they felt they wanted. They are well funded and loaded with booty stolen from those they killed.

Also the needs of the women wouldn't be high on their priority list.
Their own wants take precedence over anything else with these abominations (I won't even call them people, and animals are far nobler entities)
The army rescued approx 300 women, but there could have been multiples of that number initially. Remember that the 219 girls from Chibok are still missing. It is as pure a crime against humanity as it gets.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

It is as pure a crime against humanity as it gets.

Indeed it is! But how many world politicians do you see lining up to call for a court to try these criminals?

This is what happens when an enemy wages war; and the other side cannot fight back. Especially as political burlesque is afoot (political grandstanding ho! )

I recall a vast movement which gained e-popularity among the socially connected... where is it now? I mean it's nice to vent virtual rage; but did they ever engage the political regime?

new topics

top topics

join