It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman uncovers two-way mirror in a bar bathroom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So I wanted to see what some of my fellow privacy advocates had to say about this story. at the end it says authorities looked into the matter and said no privacy rights were being violated because anyone using the bathroom can look in and see if anybody is there.

news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/-woman -uncovers-two-way-mirror-in-a-bar-bathroom-172412272.html

Well, the video has gone viral, and it prompted a police investigation on Monday. Authorities say that it appears no one’s privacy rights have been violated because the door is always kept unlocked, meaning anyone using the bathroom can open the closet door and see if anyone is inside.

Do we really believe that no one has used the mirror to spy??

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Wow, that's so gross! How is this not an invasion of privacy? WOW omg.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Yeah I saw that. The owner said they WONT be removing the mirror...because "no one has any idea of how much joy it brings them"....He tried to promote his chicken wings while speaking about it.

What a scum bag.

edit on 4 28 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
We never did nothing, man.

It's not as if they tried to conceal the thing, though. If the proprietor were hardcore sick-o, wouldn't there be spy cameras, like the technofascist US government uses, and then, store the data permanently, and at taxpayer's expense, until they can make (whatever) illegal in the future, so to retroactively punish us?

From what they showed on the tele screen, a person would have to be inside the closet in order to watch the rug-pee-er admire herself….which sounds a little more 'intimate' than hidden cameras. Maybe there are some behind the scenes things we don't know about, a la Walk on the Wild Side. Deals being cut, both ways.

Forensically, I would look for things like, oh, say, a lock to the door that operates only from the inside. That'd pretty much cinch it. You would want to know who has possession of the key, if any. From the sound of the accused, the door is never locked. If it has a functioning lock which can be operated from the inside, it is suspect.

A close look at the mirror surface from inside the closet would possibly reveal leer prints, or evidence of a recent cleaning. You would want to closely examine the floor for prints, knee prints, semen, for anything and everything. Even a hidden door through the floor etc… Or as a cop (always on duty) you just take a handout. It's either really clean in there, or really, really dirty (incriminating). You would want to see what substances are on the walls and ceiling too, I suppose. At least it's not a booze house. That would be sloppy.

Reminds me of that cartoon showing a naked lady (ridiculously ample tiddays) sitting up in her bed, while a guy on a ladder is looking in the win-dow.

"What do you want?" is the caption.

reply to: American-philosopher

# 426
edit on 28-4-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Maybe start using that closet AS a toilet. That ought to work.

ETA privacy rights or no, that dude is going to be getting visits from husbands and boyfriends of women who have used that restroom.
edit on 28-4-2015 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
That's horrible as the owner is horrible. Apparently the police found no issues with it. WTH?! The woman who spotted this is with a transgender comedian group. Wonder if they can have this looked into due to laws. It's surely may hinder his business despite all the raves about the place on the net that it's a jam packed place and they enjoy that employees see them using the bathroom.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Pretty sick no matter what the guy says or what kind of place it is.

Horrible.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Here is the video:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Ha Ha.

The things people get up to in this World!!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Do I really need to see the video to comment on how incredibly WRONG it is that the police and the 'law' are doing nothing, nor is the owner going to be penalized or even have to remove it? How incredibly demeaning and shaming it is?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Honestly...cue the Apocalypse.

This world is so jacked up. I really hope the husbands and boyfriends start showing up as someone mentioned above.

Someone snapped a pic of me on Sunday at the #ing plant nursery with my kid. WTH? How much is enough?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Honestly...cue the Apocalypse.

I really hope the husbands and boyfriends start showing up as someone mentioned above.

Don't ya see?

They're the ones who are in on it.

# 427
edit on 28-4-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
No way can that fly....no way. Even if the owner is too twisted and the cops that stupid can that establishment stay in business.

Anyone have the balls to go there with a black light and see just how often it's used? Hope they wash their hands. Or is that the secret sauce?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
No way can that fly....no way. Even if the owner is too twisted and the cops that stupid can that establishment stay in business.

Anyone have the balls to go there with a black light and see just how often it's used? Hope they wash their hands. Or is that the secret sauce?

The sickest thing to me is just thinking of all the women who are going in there without any idea whatsoever, and how unless there is a 'husband' or 'boyfriend' to defend her 'honor', the law and society won't do it. It's beyond sick to me. This is a rape culture, and we are so completely inured to it we no longer see it anymore.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jessme2

Agreed, totally.

4o years of feminism brought us here?

Something is broken.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jessme2

The sickest thing to me is just thinking of all the women who are going in there without any idea whatsoever, and how unless there is a 'husband' or 'boyfriend' to defend her 'honor', the law and society won't do it. It's beyond sick to me. This is a rape culture, and we are so completely inured to it we no longer see it anymore.

Honestly, if there isn't enouh local public outrage than I suspect there's something in the water. If I was there and my fiancée came out and told me that, I'd go in and check. Once verified I'd probably drive my truck right through the place, not to be all hick'ish and all.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Is the closet door inside the restroom or outside the restroom leading to the mirror?

That kind of makes a difference to me on how see this.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Is the closet door inside the restroom or outside the restroom leading to the mirror?

That kind of makes a difference to me on how see this.

It was inside the toilet. Doesn't matter.

Most women who go in there are not going to suspect such a thing, so there would be no reason to walk over to the closet and open to see in anyone is inside. When I am using a public restroom, I do not go around opening what look like janitorial or storage doors, which are usually locked anyway.

Watch the video. If I was using the toilet, I might not even notice there is a door. And if I did, I would assume it to be a storage closet, nothing unusual.

How am I going to check inside the closet to see if anyone is there if I don't even realize that it is an open closet with a two way mirror that someone could be in? There is no sign posted anywhere letting women know that such a possibility exists.

The owner is a sicko, and his comments practically confess that the closet has been used to watch women.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jessme2

Honestly, if there isn't enouh local public outrage than I suspect there's something in the water. If I was there and my fiancée came out and told me that, I'd go in and check. Once verified I'd probably drive my truck right through the place, not to be all hick'ish and all.

Well, I don't care if it's 'hickish' of you or not, and I also don't care if it's 'destructive' of me to wish that the place would be demolished.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jessme2

You are 100% right.

This society really does have a rape culture, and I have seen so many men trying to make excuses for why it happens. The U.S. is the worst of the western nations in this respect, the attitude, and is part of the reason I prefer dating foreign men to American ones. While I have not had a bad relationship with men from other countries, relationships with American men have, at best, been mediocre, and at worst, turned near deadly for me. I can honestly say the American cultural attitude towards women was a major difference.

This is, however, my own personal experience and opinion, not a statement of objective fact. Your mileage will vary.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join