It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

symbol found at sleepy hallow cemetery.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

edit on 28-4-2015 by stopxmove because: error

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Its clearly Celtic in origin

Just looking in my Celtic symbols and letters book "Celtic Art and methods of construction" by George Bain

I looks very similiar to what is described as Late 7th Century and also the 4th to 6th century ...

However it looks like a modern adaption as the stone looks clearly modernish

edit on 28-4-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Sacrifice a chicken on it and let us know what happens.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

funny, I was reading the Masonic standard out of curiosity to figure out what type of people they are and when I saw your post I was like "wait is that picture of the guy I'm looking at in this news paper?"

pic

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: stopxmove

funny, I was reading the Masonic standard out of curiosity to figure out what type of people they are and when I saw your post I was like "wait is that picture of the guy I'm looking at in this news paper?"

pic

I don't think that's a photo of Nietzsche. It's just another chap with a glorious taste in facial accessories.
edit on 4/28/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

pic

I don't think that's a photo of Nietzsche. It's just another chap with a glorious taste in facial accessories.

No that's defiantly not him then. Now i have a philosopher to research on so thanks. Those are some pretty nice 'Staches must take a lot of patients to grow them and get used to them tickling/poking the hell out of your face.
edit on 28-4-2015 by stopxmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

pic

No that's defiantly not him then. Now i have a philosopher to research on so thanks. Those are some pretty nice 'Staches must take a lot of patients to grow them and get used to them tickling/poking the hell out of your face.

The tickling and poking is a minor inconvenience compared to the inability to enjoy an ice cream cone or to take a drink of milk/beer without looking silly.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Many Mcs changed to Macs at Ellis Island when the Irish migrated. Then, once here , they dropped the Mcs altogether.

Mc/Mac means "son" with implied "of". MacDonald would be "son of" Donald. Irish and Scotts Gaelic. Furthermore, Donald is from the Gaelic word "Domhnull" which translates as "ruler of the world". So, MacDonald translates to "son of the ruler of the world"..

The marker could very well reflect Candlemas, a then worshipped pagan holiday in February, which heralds the equinoxe and spring festival of Oestara, the Fertility Goddess , heralding onset of spring.

I think the two symbols are saying this person passed between the onset of Candlemas and Oestara "Easter" which is the ending of Candlemas on the Vernal Equinox on March 21st, simultaneously.

Or not....lol!:

edit on 1430262664Tuesday30Tue, 28 Apr 2015 18:11:04 -0500pmTuesday1160630 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Hey ... thanks for the information you presented

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I always wondered where they buried him.

Sorry couldn't resist

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Many Mcs changed to Macs at Ellis Island when the Irish migrated. Then, once here , they dropped the Mcs altogether.

Mc/Mac means "son" with implied "of". MacDonald would be "son of" Donald. Irish and Scotts Gaelic. Furthermore, Donald is from the Gaelic word "Domhnull" which translates as "ruler of the world". So, MacDonald translates to "son of the ruler of the world"..

The marker could very well reflect Candlemas, a then worshipped pagan holiday in February, which heralds the equinoxe and spring festival of Oestara, the Fertility Goddess , heralding onset of spring.

I think the two symbols are saying this person passed between the onset of Candlemas and Oestara "Easter" which is the ending of Candlemas on the Vernal Equinox on March 21st, simultaneously.

Or not....lol!:

Very interesting info. I've been on this site for 2 days and I have to say you guys show me some interesting stuff to google. About to google and read up on Candlemas.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Most welcome!!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: stopxmove

Definitely the letters "McE" in a Celtic-style script. Judging by the apparent lack of weathering, particularly of the letters themselves, I'm guessing it's not very old.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
My mother is in a mausoleum at Sleepy Hollow. I found some creeps that did a YouTube video from inside the family mausoleum. Just remember when you're poking around there that some people's loved ones are there. Not suggesting you did anything untoward, but this pissed me off. www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

a reply to: stopxmove
Here's another symbol I found on the same day for your enjoyment.

this was another interesting symbol I found on a mausoleum and after some help from some ATS members (Snarl and Syxpak) I found out it was a Chi Rho alpha and omega symbol. Here's the description I found after some research:

The Chi Rho is one of the earliest cruciform symbols used by Crhristians.
It is formed by superimposing the first two letters of the word "Christ" in Greek, chi = ch and rho = r.
Although not technically a cross, the Chi Rho invokes the crucifixion of Jesus as well as symbolizing His status as the Christ.

That is a Catholic symbol with the alpha and omega symbols.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Losonczy
My mother is in a mausoleum at Sleepy Hollow. I found some creeps that did a YouTube video from inside the family mausoleum. Just remember when you're poking around there that some people's loved ones are there. Not suggesting you did anything untoward, but this pissed me off. www.youtube.com...

That video is disrespectful and disgusting sadly the only way they could of gotten in was with an employee of the cemetery, which is sad to think about because you'd expect better. I actually saw this mausoleum. One of the tour guides near by had said it was owned by a wealthy man who ran a rival oil company against the Rockefeller's. Had a look inside from the glass and I have to say the artwork is amazing. Don't worry every time I had to step near a grave because there was no other way around I said "excuse me, rest in peace". I treat others with respect and the dead are not an exception.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You guys made some great points. I probably just wanted to see more then what it really was. If any of you live around New York I suggest checking out sleepy Hallow. Very interesting small town. On your way back from the cemetery be sure to stop by at Rockwood State park. BEAUTIFUL view of the water and nice lush grass to lay in. Will defiantly visit again. Thanks again for the input everyone.

Haha! me too.. I immediately start thinking -- instead of -- LOL! Deedee deee

sounds gorgeous up there by the way!

edit on 30-4-2015 by Starcrossd because: added info

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd

You guys made some great points. I probably just wanted to see more then what it really was. If any of you live around New York I suggest checking out sleepy Hallow. Very interesting small town. On your way back from the cemetery be sure to stop by at Rockwood State park. BEAUTIFUL view of the water and nice lush grass to lay in. Will defiantly visit again. Thanks again for the input everyone.

Haha! me too.. I immediately start thinking -- instead of -- LOL! Deedee deee

sounds gorgeous up there by the way!

Lol my love for mystery got the best of me. It's to beautiful to describe especially on a nice sunny day. The sun makes the water sparkle and it's such a clean park. Defiantly check it out if you get the chance, no way you could be disappointed. Unless it rains.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join