It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate towards BS Christians

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: truckdriver42
...we just feel we are forced to recognize filth, disease and the flavor of the day...

So is it safe for me to assume you stay clear of other forms of "filth" and "disease"? Enjoy any fantasy novels or films like Chronicles of Narnia? Lord of the Rings? Harry Potter? Do you enjoy any secular music? I noticed you're a Star Trek fan. Why no outrage over the many viewpoints and such that get portrayed in that series? Do you play any video games? What are they?

In case you're missing the point it's this.

I could easily pick through your life and find numerous things the Bible forbids and warns against. Things that are also considered to be filth, by God. But you partake in them anyway (I'm assuming).

edit on 4-30-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
increased hate towards Christians is Biblical prophesy...

yt: Lee Strobel - The Case for the Resurrection
www.youtube.com...
yt: The Bible Is True! ~ The New Evidence That Demands A Verdict
www.youtube.com...
yt: Walter Veith (13) Battle of the Bibles /Total Onslaught
www.youtube.com...
youtube: The Resurrection Argument That Changed a Generation of Scholars - Gary Habermas at UCSB youtu.be...
yt: The Forbidden Book - History of The English Bible (Documentary Film)
www.youtube.com...
yt: A Lamp In The Dark:untold history of Bible ~ Full Film
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Verum1quaere

I wonder how hard it would be to predict that the new religion you found will be under attack?

Scientology anyone? They have that prophecy as well.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

as with this life, salvation is a GIFT that cannot be earned… lest any person boast… all fall short of the Divine...

“Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.”
1 Corinthians 15:51

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

you might want to research the Bible… it's predictiveness, the scholarship, the profundity of it…

no other book on the planet can compare…

“The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My mother taught me to seek all truth in the Bible.”
--Nikola Tesla

“(modern science) was born out of a Christian worldview.”
--J. Robert Oppenheimer “On Science an Culture”, Encounter, Oct. 1962

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
some cool data on the mathematics and linguistics researchers have uncovered:

yt: Chuck Missler: how we got the Bible

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I'm satisfied with my atheism, thanks just the same.

I am a former Christian. Nothing about the Bible is profound, imho.

I find it full of failed prophecies, inconsistencies, inaccuracies and impossibilities. Among other things. It doesn't withstand scrutiny.

If you find comfort in it though, great. I think that can be a good thing.

edit on 4-30-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I am American so I have been exposed to all the predictiveness, scholarship, and so-called profundity of it.

I find it all lacking a great deal to where there is no possible way I could make myself believe in it. If it works for you then power to you friend.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

As a christian man who is ostracized by most Christians for my beliefs, thank you for writing this.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Reading a few responses and i love how some so called "christians" come out and say well that's not how I act.

Ok, that's great. Then you aren't the "christian" the OP is referring to and it's safe to say you are in the minority.

I made a comment on fb one time saying how the new motto for christians is "f the poor." Someone got all butt hurt and responded to me saying how dare i say that about christians. The church does all kinds of charity work and apparently this person played a role in it.

Im like, ok well what about all these policies you support that give money to the rich and take away programs for poor people?

So many of these "christians", and please spare me, i know there are exceptions to the rule, go to church on sunday, put on a happy face, pretend they are genuinely Christlike and on monday theyre back to hating the world, being greedy and intolerant and voting for the party that is the perfect reflection of its constituency.

The proof is in the pudding..... the pudding being wallets and votes.
edit on 3-5-2015 by Reflection because: misspelling

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I agree with all that except the whole finding comfort thing.

I hear this all the time. Let them believe what they want. If it makes them happy then its fine. The problem is that the Bible has stuff like prophecy built in it.

For instance, if the ultimate fate of the world is to be destroyed and rebuilt by Jesus, as the Book of Revelation states, then believers are quite "comfortable" treating the ecosystems and it's precious life like crap. If the world is destined to go to crap sometime in the near future, then not only is there no incentive to preserve it, it's almost their, for lack of a better term, duty to help consume it to death.

Another one of my favorites is the second coming. In particular, the indoctrination of children about the second coming. What could possibly be more terrifying to a 3 or 4 year old than being "left behind." (Number one best selling book series) There are millions of small children being wired at a very early age to be concerned with death, hell, pain and suffering and abandonment. Talk about a foundation for anxiety..

The point is, the whole "theyre not hurting anybody" stuff is simply not true. In a free world, people can't be forced to believe or not believe in particular things, but at the very least, these religions need to be called out for these types of dogmatic beliefs that lead to harmful actions. Kudos to the OP for doing so.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Reflection

I agree, but! Not everyone who finds comfort in it are ok with treating things like crap. I don't know anything about Verum1quaere's personal life. I speak more from experience with family members. For instance, the comfort and solace my mother finds in Jesus has gotten her through many hard times in her life. She is very live and let live too. And not preachy in the slightest!

I agree with calling out all the BS. Religious BS or just BS in general.

It is important to remember that not all Christians push their dogma on anyone. But yeah, you make some good points about it as a whole.

edit on 5-3-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Your obvious hate for Christians is quite common among some. Listing off the things that you would like them to do, tie them to scripture, call them hypocrites is too simplistic and just an avenue to lumping them all in as delusional liars. A bit tired actually. The hate inside you is what Christians work to prevent in our world. The persecution overseas is uplifted by your kind in the west. Turing a blind eye against a group you despise. Then coming up with some crazy reasoning for it. Sounds like the 1930's all over again.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The OP is both right and wrong, within developed lands Christians are protected.
Maybe they get bullied a bit, but really it's what was expected anyways.
Whatever is dished out is nothing compared to what is happening in the middle east
Countries where they can kill you for leaving your religion and converting to Christianity.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: moyeti

The hate inside me? I don't hate anyone, wish I could actually. I tend towards pacifism and turning the other cheek more often in life than is good for me. Most of my problems have come from being too forgiving and giving the benefit of the doubt more than I should. I've never succesfully held a grudge in my life.

Which means I tend to get walked all over by jerks and sociopaths. Online is one of the few places I have the guts to fight back at all.

Clearly though I hate Christians cause I ask they try to be more forgiving and Christlike. Because I ask they consider Christ's teachings as most important. I mean, it's clear I hate Christians.

I've said lots of hate speach like: Christians are subhuman. Or Christians deserve no rights. Or Christians deserve toi be second class citizens. Or Christianity should be outlawed. Christians should be killed for being Christian.

Asking a Christian to think more on Jesus love and less on hate, is NOT hating on Christians. In fact the christians I support are precisely the ones who ARE against hate, rather than practicing it.
edit on 5/3/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Most of those places the same happens to athiests or anyone that doesn't fit their special little mold.

You're as bad as the Jews pretending it was only about them and no blacks, or homosexuals, or Romani, ect were persecuted by Nazi's. It has nothing to do with you being Christrian, and everything to do with you not being their faith. Or in the Nazi's case easily targetted minorities to help control the majority by placing the blaim for the countries ills on them.
edit on 5/3/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Trust me I am fully aware of the history of Nazi persecution beyond the Jews, yes they were the majority so they have the loudest voice. But hundreds of thousands of "other" groups were in the camps and also killed and were identified by the Nazi's with these emblems.

I understand the whole "all groups that do not conform are persecuted" ideology, the above chart really makes that clear.

BUT, your personal observations does not trump Jesus Christ statement from John 15: 20 &21

Remember that I told you, A servant is not greater than his master [is not superior to him]. If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word and obeyed My teachings, they will also keep and obey yours.
21 But they will do all this to you [inflict all this suffering on you] because of [your bearing] My name and on My account, for they do not know or understand the One Who sent Me.

This is the reality for true Christians today.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

So I'm supposed to accept that Christians are a persecuted people because a book from centuries ago says that Christ said they would be. And I'm also supposed to be like, ok so because Christ said that, I'm supposed to be ok with Christians saying they should be able to treat others differently for reasons that go directly against Christ's teachings and who Christ is.

Even if we assume Christians are persecuted, it doesn't change that Jesus was the guy who while being tortured on the cross said "Forgive them, for they know not what they do." Christians aren't being persecuted against when required to treat others equally, gay or otherwise.

Do you honestly think Christ who purposely hung around with sinners would turn one away from his business, who came to him during his days as a carpenter?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: moyeti
The hate inside you is what Christians work to prevent in our world. The persecution overseas is uplifted by your kind in the west.

This clearly shows you are missing the point the OP was trying to make. What Christians are supposed to be and what they are is something completely different.

Are there SOME people that act Christ-like?

Sure there are.

But that's not the majority. And if it's not obvious enough by personal experience then the evidence is in how they vote and who they give their money to.

The majority vote and support policies that are far from Christ-like. They support tax breaks for the rich and less help for the poor. They support discrimination. They support every man/woman for themselves healthcare. They support low environmental regulations in the name of the almighty dollar. They wanna send hard working, law abiding "illegals" back to their original impoverished and dangerous lives. They wanna lock up non violent offenders for drug use. I could go on..

Can you really see Jesus supporting ANY of this??

People can talk all day about how their religion teaches love, compassion, tolerance, etc. But what matters is what people DO. And what better way to test that than by the way they vote and what they support with their wallets?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

So I'm supposed to accept that Christians are a persecuted people because a book from centuries ago says that Christ said they would be. And I'm also supposed to be like, ok so because Christ said that, I'm supposed to be ok with Christians saying they should be able to treat others differently for reasons that go directly against Christ's teachings and who Christ is.

First question yes, second question no.

What do you think Jesus thinks of Christian hypocrites ?
I will answer that for you, the same that he thought of the religious Jewish clergy in the first century, they showed by their actions that they were hypocrites, the good ones eventually became Christians anyways.

Just like there were bad Israelite kings and good Israelite kings, the same applies to Christians today.
But you will be happy to know just like God got rid of the bad kings in his own due time, he will get rid of the false Christians in his due time as well, it's a blemish on his reputation and his tolerance is coming to an end.

edit on 3-5-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join