It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate towards BS Christians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

TextNo one hate's CHRISTians. The problem is, most of your asses are Christian in name only and that's it. Your crap stinks, and everyone can smell it
a reply to: Puppylove

No one hates Christians tell that to ISIS who ran some Christians out of their homes in Iraq and defiled religious artifacts.

Good god. A million stars for you for pointing out the hypocrisy. Don't forget, beheaded all those Christians.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

It matters when you start trying to claim your religion as giving you the right to discriminate against me, while ignoring that your religion tells you not to.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

We were engaged, most people would consider that cheating. Being engaged is kind of a commitment you know.

The only way it would not be cheating is if they broke off the engagement first, not did it for months behind my back.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

a betrothed is not a friend

You seem bitter, consider joining a religion and seek for a higher purpose in life

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

It matters when you start trying to claim your religion as giving you the right to discriminate against me, while ignoring that your religion tells you not to.

Funny. My "religion" tells me to "not" do a bunch of stuff.

My "religion" says that gay marriage is wrong.

So I'm supposed to ignore that, yet follow everything else?

Why don't you just write down what parts of my "religion" I'm supposed to follow.

It'll just be easier that way.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Bitter? How am I bitter when I forgave them both and are still friends with them? Some of the best times in my life have been with them, after the fact. By following the "turn the other cheek" teachings of Jesus, I have two great friends who have both helped me time and time again after all that happened.

I'm not bitter by this. And a betrothed should be one's best friend in my opinion. I'm also not bitter against Christians, some of the greatest people I have ever known have been Christians. I was once married to a Christian... though to be fair, they weren't a very good one and it fell apart. Like I said, I've known Christians I thought were much better people than me, simply because they followed Jesus best commands better than I ever could.

I'm not perfect and I don't expect anyone to be. But when people try to use the Christian religion as an excuse to discriminate against me, I'm going to call them on it.

Yeah, ok, not turning the other cheek there. Never claimed I was a saint. I'm going to defend myself and others from discrimination by hypocrites as I see them. Call it where I draw the line.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Have I ever told you you had to marry a same sex partner? Has anyone?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Have I ever told you you had to marry a same sex partner? Has anyone?

My "religion" says gay marriage is wrong.

So am I a religious hypocrite because I support gay marriage?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Oh, good grief! Another one of these threads.

Baltimore is burning, Nepal is in ruins...hey, let's bash Christians. At least the ones I judge to be substandard.

Well, alrighty then.

Jas

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I can't hate Christians...I used to date one.

I hate Christians because they judge me.....yet I sit here and judge them.

I am going to pretend I know about the Bible so I can use a failed attempt to turn some scripture around and use it against them.....yet All Christians are sinners who are not perfect. They are forgiven.

Have a wonderful day and I will pray that God can bless you with some understanding and happiness.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I hear you-I've seen something similar before.

I've worked with honest Christians before and they have fallen for the 'buy a ticket to heaven and get a free fridge magnet!' offer that less than reputable churches offer.

There is nothing wrong with expressing faith but exploiting said faiths is just wrong.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Nope, besides, honestly the bible does not say such things anyway, it says things that "can" be interpreted that way. Also, irregardless, Jesus said, judge not lest ye bb judged, and let that which is Cesar's remain Cesar's or something like that.

This is a secular society, we have a government which is for separation of church and state. Marriage has origins far reaching outside the Christian religion.

Marriage being a government contract. I'd simply say you were an enlightened Christian by supporting gay marriage, because you realize it's not the same thing as a marriage in the eyes of the christian religion. It's a secular marriage. Marriage does not belong to Christianity. Supporting secular gay marriage in the eyes of the state (cesar) is not the same thing as supporting gay marriage in the eyes the christian religion.

That said, as stated earlier, there are multiple ways those passages can be interpreted within context.

The things Jesus stated as most important trump these passages in order of where to place one's focus. All the statements Jesus made that he stated were most important were about love, acceptance, and not judging others, not trying to hold others to the standards no one could ever possibly meet from the old testament.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Do me one small favor?

Please never call me "enlightened" or "progressive".

Call me an asshole, (that's done a lot here), a jerk (ditto), troll (a lot also), and all sorts of names that have ###### instead of letters.

But "enlightened" makes me feel like I need to take a shower. With lye. And a steel brush.

*shudder*
edit on 28-4-2015 by beezzer because: because

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LoverBoy

Way to pick and choose what I've said to make your point while ignoring the rest, most importantly the points that had the most relevance. Is a skill many "christians" excel at.

Once again, I've met many Christians I've loved and respected, because they followed Jesus' example. Most of you disagree with each other on what your bible states, don't pretend because I'm not Christian, it means I can't disagree with you just because you claim you are.

Simple fact, no has to to agree with, or believe anyone's claims, just because they say so.

Also I used my ex as an example of a bad "christian." She was a sunday Christian, went to church on sunday, paid lip service, then did the opposite right afterwards. I went with her to chruch actually.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

Right, so because these things happen, people need to drop everything, and just focus on them. Get real.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

also one that says alot instead of a lot

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Do me one small favor?

Please never call me "enlightened" or "progressive".

Call me an asshole, (that's done alot here), a jerk (ditto), troll (alot also), and all sorts of names that have ###### instead of letters.

But "enlightened" makes me feel like I need to take a shower. With lye. And a steel brush.

*shudder*

Wow you said something I could star. That made me laugh, thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

also one that says alot instead of a lot

####ing jerk!

I changed it.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

What can i say, i'm a christian

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I constantly see things about Gays claiming persecution,
and their rights being infringed upon, that people hate Gays.

YOU'RE ALL FULL OF CRAP!!!

No one hate's Gays.
Your crap stinks, and everyone can smell it.

I'm so sick of having to accept someone is Gay ....
Or people claiming their civil rights are being infringed upon.
I'm sick of not being allowed to call people out on their bull#...

I don't dislike Gays.

Shall we change the word Gay to Black?

No, you don't hate Christians do you?

What you said isn't a Christophobic, bigoted and prejudiced rant is it?

Man in the mirror time.

edit on 3Tue, 28 Apr 2015 15:56:31 -0500pm42804pmk282 by grandmakdw because: format

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join