It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social media analysis suggests links between Baltimore and Ferguson violence

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Worst case scenario, the federal level is told to stand down by radical sympathizers within our government itself.

I suspect some already are. My other concern is that the city departments are taken over by feds. Which I think may be happening anyway, albeit in subtle and insidious ways.

This is what we need a strong independent Media which the Constitution calls for, one that isn't in the back pocket of any administration.

Definitely! I do wonder, however, if many that were once in the administration's back pocket by choice are now there by coersion of some kind. When truth is criminal, even the media -- especially the meda! -- is threatened.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
So Gov provocateurs go in.
the police look on and do Nothing!
as they riot and burn.

and some of you say nothing to see walk away!!
I think you are gov to.
I bet this post gets dump't like the CIA drug one.

now they have soldiers on the streets.
with a patch that says police!
But still soldiers.

edit on 29-4-2015 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The truth isn't criminal... It is just obscured by thousands of lies. This article being one of them.

Lies, half-truths, disinformation, denial, obfuscation, omission... the truth is obscured in many ways... including criminal charges and civil penalties. And, of course, people claiming opinions as fact. But you know that already. And we both know that neither of us actually knows the whole truth about this article. C'est le guerre!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I may not know the whole truth, but I am relatively sure that the article isn't presenting anything close to it either.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I may not know the whole truth, but I am relatively sure that the article isn't presenting anything close to it either.

Thanks for making the distinction between "knowing" which is objective, and being "relatively sure" which is subjective. As we both know, the media presents the "truth" as they deem fit, to obtain their desired results. It would be silly to think any one article tells the whole truth.

I am also relatively sure that there is more truth than not in that article. I'm just waiting for the rest of it to come out.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Well I try not to speak in definitives when it comes to my knowledge base. It allows me to leave room for being wrong. If I'm already 100% sure of being right, then if new information comes to light saying I'm wrong, I'll be more likely to not accept it.

As far as the media and this OP goes, this article was written by Fox News. I never give them the benefit of the doubt, because they are a VERY untrustworthy MSM source. It's only after a Fox News story aligns with another MSM story do I give them their credit.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Fair enough. Time will tell. I even hope you're right and that I'm wrong. That the people aren't being played like fiddles for sinister purposes. And if I'm proved wrong, you can give me a big fat "Ah ha!" for all to see

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Fair enough. Time will tell. I even hope you're right and that I'm wrong. That the people aren't being played like fiddles for sinister purposes. And if I'm proved wrong, you can give me a big fat "Ah ha!" for all to see

I hope when you say the people, you mean "us".

My true concern isn't so much what is happening, but "why" it is happening?

Okay. I will get real tin foily for you, only because it may be the only way for some people to see past the nose on their face. It is not just a single level of manipulation going on here, and we have been asleep zf the switch.

How could they have managed to keep so many people in the dark about such massive endeavors, and only one, being a complete underground network of tunnels running across the entire country? I get it. There is only so much room in the ARK, and I know I don't have a ticket. I watched the beautifully and honest video "Evacuate Earth", telling us their plans is likely to create a level of chaos that could doom us all.

I have very little faith in the corporations and those that think they know what is best for humankind and planet. I think they are wrong because they often over think and ignore way too many of the crucial signs. My question is where are the real thinkers. There are way too many anomalies happening right now, all over the country, all over the planet, yet here we are. Fighting like children on the playground, pretending we are smarter and braver than everyone else.

Again, I know I am wasting my time, but if this saves one single person, well, maybe it won't be a complete waste.

I pray I am just plain crazy, but I think it is time we stop looking in one direction and do a 360 review.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
My god, not anarchists!

I love how that word is thrown around so ignorantly and haphazardly.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney
My god, not anarchists!

You mean just like any other buzzword used on these forums?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney
My god, not anarchists!

You mean just like any other buzzword used on these forums?

Very true.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I pray I am just plain crazy, but I think it is time we stop looking in one direction and do a 360 review.

Then I'm crazy too. Ferguson is a perfect example of how many factions exploited the same situation for their own gain.

It's a power struggle among many. There's no one bad guy calling all the shots. I often wonder if that isn't our sole saving grace at this point... that "they" keep each other from getting too much power. Not for our benefit, but for their own. The thing about power (and greed) is that enough is never enough. They want it all so it's a never ending battle.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

a reply to: introvert

I thought that as soon as I saw it was Fox News. Then I did a google search for the headline and found that FN was the only MSM outlet reporting it. Then I read the article and came to similar conclusions as you did in your first post.

I used to make the same mistake of googling the exact title. So I started highlighting names in the article or just keywords from the article..

Names mentioned in articles are a wealth of knowledge to highlight and search in other news articles you come across. Not this one obviously but I GOOGLE... _Social media Analysis Riots_ .. and then clicked on news instead of web. I was able to find a few more related . Here is one that shines a little light on the matter but not much.

www.digitaljournal.com...

www.wsj.com...

FROM GUARDIAN
Here is one about Government programs using that software thou .... www.theguardian.com...

edit on -05:00Thu, 30 Apr 2015 01:12:23 -050012v12ThursdayAmerica/Chicago1America/Chicago30 by PrivilegedPeasant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
This is a war, our youth are being exploited by well organized and well funded outside groups. They are being characterized as anarchists but in reality could be agents of any of the following, Russian, Chinese, Radical Communists, Radical Islamists, Radical Fascists, Iranians, NWO Globalists etc.

...or it could also be police, false flagging.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrivilegedPeasant

a reply to: introvert

I thought that as soon as I saw it was Fox News. Then I did a google search for the headline and found that FN was the only MSM outlet reporting it. Then I read the article and came to similar conclusions as you did in your first post.

I used to make the same mistake of googling the exact title. So I started highlighting names in the article or just keywords from the article..

Names mentioned in articles are a wealth of knowledge to highlight and search in other news articles you come across. Not this one obviously but I GOOGLE... _Social media Analysis Riots_ .. and then clicked on news instead of web. I was able to find a few more related . Here is one that shines a little light on the matter but not much.

I've done those things before, though I have some problems with your sources.

www.digitaljournal.com...

This is a line straight from the beginning of the article:

Fox News claims an analysis of social media accounts has unearthed striking connections between the rioting in Ferguson, Missouri and Baltimore, Maryland last night, according to a leading data mining firm.

Digital Journal is clearly just rereporting Fox News' scoop.

www.wsj.com...

I can't read this article, but from the content I've seen, the author hasn't mentioned a connection to Ferguson.

FROM GUARDIAN
Here is one about Government programs using that software thou .... www.theguardian.com...

It's not that I don't believe such firms exist. I just question why this particular firm in the OP wants to remain anonymous and only report its information to Fox News.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Sounds like more disinformation to me, because if anarchists and commies are supposedly behind this, they must be working in cohesion with the idiots in the mainstream media. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Take a look at my post on another Baltimore thread.....ATS post

It ties in, I think.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I see where some blame the media as in Fox News. I heard it talked about briefly on NPR. The question should be "Who has the most to gain from this? The Russians (who hacked the POTUS' Blackberry and the White House computers), the Chineese, or even our own government? I suggest stop being distracted by those that have an NFL attitude of "Our team is better than your team!" and start thinking critically.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I don't give Fox news much credit. Fox news is, to me, just the other side of a Hegelian Dialectic in news media. Another phony media outlet between which to pinch the public in a controlled frenzy of non thinking. Another emotional jag for control.

The other media outlets are just the other or opposite side of the dialectic. They are all steering the public in the direction needed for votes and control.

This racial strife is going to continue and accelerate by design before the next election. It has to in order to guarantee votes.

Racial strife is about all that is left to guarantee votes...outside of the sex/sexuality issues. But racism is the most easily inflamed and controllable...in chaos management techniques. The more emotional ..and more victimized the easier these people are to control to a voting booth. The investment between now and the next election will be in chaos...victimization principles....dissonance management....guilt programming to guarantee votes or get others to not vote.

The women's movements are going south..they are getting so pitiful...that they are become laughable. The war on women finally flopped and rightly so. Here..this is future leadership..in this nation...

chicksontheright.com...

Nonetheless..I think there is going to be more and more manufactured racial strife in this nation before the next presidential election. The groundwork appears to be setting for this chaos such that it will guarantee a certain voting block through dissonance conditioning...emoting ..not thinking. I think it is organized and lead by someone not wanting to be seen and is going to spread to other cities. And olde Al is showing up to fan the flames....with predictability. Like a lawyer chasing an auto accident.

In the end..race and racial chaos is about all they are going to have to divide and conquer this nation. Division..not unity.

I have often stated that the 9/11 people hit the wrong target...they needed to shut down all the news media for as long as possible. They would have done us all a favor.

Orangetom

edit on 1-5-2015 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
They organized and the media, The Rev. Al's, the Nation of Islam, and the police didn't help the matter. It's one big cesspool of #. I forgot the government sitting on their hands, so there's that. Innocent people do not deserve to be put in the middle. Police need to be held accountable for their actions. Most of all, thugs need to go to jail.

All I really want is justice for everyone. I want the violence to stop. I want the police and rioters to have personal responsibility on who escalated this. I want my country back and justice to prevail. Is that really too much to ask for?
edit on 1-5-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join