It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social media analysis suggests links between Baltimore and Ferguson violence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Perhaps I watched the wrong press conference.

Assuming what you say is true, we still do not have enough evidence to say that these teens were organized by an outside group on social media.

They may have used social media to organize amongst themselves, but anything else is mere speculation.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Because we live in a world where truth is criminal. Non-disclosure contracts, secret courts and gag orders, whistleblower prosecutions, FBI entrapment, and on and on and on. Because we know that Ferguson, Occupy and other social protests were tainted, compromised, and manipulated for dubious purposes by dubious groups. I know it has happened before and will happen again... I expect it. I also protect those who would expose them to be as careful as possible to protect themselves.

Oh PLEASE! Like reporting that you data mined Facebook for links between the Ferguson and Baltimore riots is SUCH a crime...

I'll take your word for that. I very seldom watch the news, and I almost never watch Fox. It does occur to me that your reaction may be exactly why it was reported by Fox in that way. How many others will do the same? Even if it is true, many will never believe it now.

Look, when it comes to Fox News, it pays to be overly skeptical first then shown you are wrong. Fox is NOTORIOUS for posting sensationalist lies and over exaggerating claims to incite the right into a rage. It's working with this article. Here we have a bunch of people jumping to conclusions and making grandiose statements about what is going on in Baltimore and they know little if anything about the situation.

Anything? It means they work for the government. I know I'm going out on a limb here, but it seems reasonable to assume that the work they do for the government is the work they do -- data mining as you put it. Do you think they're lying about doing work for the government? As far as telling us what they do, I'd bet dollars to donuts that any work they've done for the government has included a non-disclosure clause in their contract.

The point is that the work they do for the government could be some minor nonsense that gets filed in some clerk's filing cabinet.

Which brings us back to truth being criminal again...

The truth isn't criminal... It is just obscured by thousands of lies. This article being one of them.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
The real "striking connection" between the two events is obvious to anyone with common sense: the media.

When the media stops whipping people up into a frenzy by playing judge, jury, and executioner in every one of these cases and inspiring more racism and unrest with their incredibly biased reporting, these riots will stop. They are responsible for turning these cases into "unarmed black man killed by white cop" headlines and then pushing the issue non-stop for months at a time.

The media idiots have a vested interest in making the public angry. Riots = ratings.

The social media links between Ferguson and Baltimore riot organizers have nothing to do with the Media. In fact none of the other Media are even reporting on these facts.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The real "striking connection" between the two events is obvious to anyone with common sense: the media.

When the media stops whipping people up into a frenzy by playing judge, jury, and executioner in every one of these cases and inspiring more racism and unrest with their incredibly biased reporting, these riots will stop. They are responsible for turning these cases into "unarmed black man killed by white cop" headlines and then pushing the issue non-stop for months at a time.

The media idiots have a vested interest in making the public angry. Riots = ratings.

EXACTLY! Now we are addressing the REAL conspiracy here.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

The social media links between Ferguson and Baltimore riot organizers have nothing to do with the Media. In fact none of the other Media are even reporting on these facts.

You must be incredibly short because it seems like everything goes over your head.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

What facts?

The "firm" that is talked about in the article doesn't even have a solid number of how many accounts are linked (20-50?), and the "professional protesters" statement is only the opinion of the author.

There are no facts to even discuss.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Assuming what you say is true, we still do not have enough evidence to say that these teens were organized by an outside group on social media.

They may have used social media to organize amongst themselves, but anything else is mere speculation.

It is more than mere speculation. That is the point of the article. They have proof of links between the organizers in both events. There are professionals looking for targets, this one was recognized when the mobs showed violence at the baseball game Saturday. They moved to the target and the next outbursts were professionally choreographed to disperse the small police forces over the 80 mile square area with multiple simultaneous outbursts, fires, ambushes where groups were stationed on rooftops with heavy objects to throw down both sides of streets with a fire lit as the bait. Nasty stuff. Every liquor store and Pharmacy was hit getting the rioters all jacked up. Targets normal pissed off youth would never consider, like senior centers, were torched for maximum public outrage.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Since when has the media reported facts accurately? Sensationalism and spinning to stories for entertainment/ratings seems to be their goal.(that and possibly serving a hidden agenda)

Provocateurs seem to be in play, but why?

Traits of provocateurs:

Provocateurs:

1) Want to establish "leaders" to set them up for a fall in order to stop the movement.

2) Suggest doing foolish, illegal things to get the activists in trouble.

3) Encourage militancy.

4) Want to taunt the authorities.

5) Attempt to make the activist compromise their values.

6) Attempt to instigate violence. Activisim ought to always be non-violent.

7) Attempt to provoke revolt among people who are ill-prepared to deal with the reaction of the authorities to such violence.

edit on 28-4-2015 by jrod because: gf

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You must be incredibly short because it seems like everything goes over your head.

You have something to add beside your usual grumpy bits of nothing?

edit on 28-4-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

They have proof of links between the organizers in both events

Show me the proof they have. They claim an anonymous firm is investigating this and they only speculate that it could mean there are "pros" organizing this event.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but I'm not going to jump to the conclusions that it IS happening.

edit on 28-4-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Reread what I posted on Page 2.

Your response to it showed that you completely missed the point I was making. In other words: it went right over your head.
edit on 4/28/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It is more than mere speculation. That is the point of the article. They have proof of links between the organizers in both events. There are professionals looking for targets, this one was recognized when the mobs showed violence at the baseball game Saturday. They moved to the target and the next outbursts were professionally choreographed to disperse the small police forces over the 80 mile square area with multiple simultaneous outbursts, fires, ambushes where groups were stationed on rooftops with heavy objects to throw down both sides of streets with a fire lit as the bait. Nasty stuff. Every liquor store and Pharmacy was hit getting the rioters all jacked up. Targets normal pissed off youth would never consider, like senior centers, were torched for maximum public outrage.

There were no riots at the baseball game. There were riots a neighborhood or two over from the stadium and because of that, they didn't let people leave the stadium.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Maybe it isn't for ratings maybe it is to do exactly what it is supposed to be doing.. Keeping us divided while they pull more bs behind our backs eh? Like a magic show..

With is bickering who is at fault what else is or has happened in politics?

During the Boston bombing they passed cispa..
During 7/7/07 they passed patriot act 2.. It's just them screwing with us some more and dividing us like normal... in the end do you wonder what is is what they actually what they wanted?

For reference they are the people who run the world not the idiot politicalns..

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Your response to it showed that you completely missed the point I was making. In other words: it went right over your head.

And I pointed out your stawman attack on the media is disconnected from the discussion of the thread, which is the links between events at Ferguson and Baltimore riot organizers.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

And I pointed out your stawman attack on the media is disconnected from the discussion of the thread, which is the links between events at Ferguson and Baltimore riot organizers.

But the media IS involved. They are the one that reported this sensationalist nonsense in the first place...

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No thread would be complete without an Obama apologist too, and there is historical precedence for him to do these kinds of things. You don't even have to look very hard to find them.

And just because whatever is happening in Baltimore doesn't necessarily mean there is a major conspiracy to incite riots there, doesn't mean that it can't actually be happening there. What better means of plausible deniability could someone ask for?
"It just doesn't get any better than this" Oops, that was Old Milwaukee, skip that.

Seriously though, Instead of waiting for a crisis to not let go to waste, why not create one, or give a little "push"? This is the usual game plan for a walking sewage spill like Obama to be tempted by. (But you won't see that if you are always apologetically thinking on his behalf. (Oh, he didn't mean for that to happen), or He wouldn't do that, Bush did much worse and no one said a word)..

Fast and furious proved that he is more than willing to do things at any cost, including the loss of life of government employees, so I do not put an event like this one in Baltimore, one which Obama might have a connection to, as being past his morally bankrupt motives and endeavors. Plus the fact that he always shows his guilt by the fact that he has always tried to HIDE what he is doing, and knows it is wrong. (when he gets caught).

No one really knows if what I say is true or not, I grant you that much, but it IS in line with the things he has been exposed as being complicit in, in the past, and all of those things are MUCH MUCH worse than this.

In fact, historically speaking, this event is perfect for moving ahead with that "fundamental change in America" that Obama and company have been so desperately attempting to accomplish.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

No thread would be complete without an Obama apologist too, and there is historical precedence for him to do these kinds of things. You don't even have to look very hard to find them.

No there isn't. There is ZERO precedent for Obama to incite a riot in a Democratic city. ZERO.

And just because whatever is happening in Baltimore doesn't necessarily mean there is a major conspiracy to incite riots there, doesn't mean that it can't actually be happening there. What better means of plausible deniability could someone ask for?
"It just doesn't get any better than this" Oops, that was Old Milwaukee, skip that.

Because it's dumb. Especially if the plot originates from the federal government.

Seriously though, Instead of waiting for a crisis to not let go to waste, why not create one, or give a little "push"? This is the usual game plan for a walking sewage spill like Obama to be tempted by. (But you won't see that if you are always apologetically thinking on his behalf. (Oh, he didn't mean for that to happen), or He wouldn't do that, Bush did much worse and no one said a word)..

I'm not an Obama apologist. I AM however someone who calls BS out when I see it. Unfortunately since so much BS is leveled at Obama it makes me look like one.

Fast and furious proved that he is more than willing to do things at any cost, including the loss of life of government employees, so I do not put an event like this one in Baltimore, one which Obama might have a connection to, as being past his morally bankrupt motives and endeavors. Plus the fact that he always shows his guilt by the fact that he has always tried to HIDE what he is doing, and knows it is wrong. (when he gets caught).

Fast and Furious is a COMPLETELY different situation. F&F, if Obama is even guilty of anything, is just an example of a poorly conceived plan going bad and Obama (but most likely just Holder) covering his ass.

In any case, that is still indirect evidence. I want DIRECT evidence of Obama's involvement in this. Stop character assassinating Obama and just post evidence of his involvement in these riots, otherwise you have ZERO argument.

No one really knows if what I say is true or not, I grant you that much, but it IS in line with the things he has been exposed as being complicit in, in the past, and all of those things are MUCH MUCH worse than this.

No it isn't. He has been implicated in scandals that have nothing to do with rioting and everything to do with covering his ass when something goes wrong in his administration.

In fact, historically speaking, this event is perfect for moving ahead with that "fundamental change in America" that Obama and company have been so desperately attempting to accomplish.

*eyeroll* There is no fundamental change here. It is just a bunch of riots that will pass. Obama may take advantage of the situation after the fact to push some stupid agenda, but that doesn't mean he actually caused the riots to take place. Though, I doubt that Obama will even do that. To be honest, Obama's last two years as a President are what is called "Lame Duck", because any agenda he tries to push will be immediately blocked by the Republican Congress. Expect Obama to continue to coast (which he's pretty much been doing since last November) until his Presidency ends.
edit on 28-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I know you like using the term "strawman" because people point out how often you do it but you still haven't learned what it actually means.

A straw man is a common reference argument and is an informal fallacy based on false representation of an opponent's argument.[1] To be successful, a straw man argument requires that the audience be ignorant or uninformed of the original argument.

That is not what I did, at all.

The accuracy or inaccuracy of your OP is irrelevant to the fact that the most prevalent common denominator between the Ferguson and Baltimore riots is the mainstream media's constant reporting of the "black man killed by white cop" story and their intentional goading of people into a riotous state.

You missed the point, responded incorrectly, and I commented on the fact that you missed the point.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Organized, sure... professional and well funded? That's hilarious. I'm a lefty, an activist... an anarchist, this simply doesn't exist. And yeah there's groups that show up wherever there's protest, to smash things up... very few of those groups are made up of more than late teens/early twenties, very mixed up and just angry... we can't get through to them.

ETA: And generally if they aren't very young... they're a cop/fed.
edit on 4/28/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

So everything Obama does, must follow your line of reasoning, because you know him that well, so because Baltimore is mostly democrat that means it is out of bounds for him. Just like how he promised the Black community they would be lifted up out of an impoverished state if they all voted for him, but now they are poorer and more impoverished than before. Because he has got their backs, right?
Or pick another one where he promised his voter base something but didn't deliver because he already got their votes so piss on them.
Like he cares where he conducts his "Change you can believe in" The Denial river sure is deep, but being anchored at the bottom of it, how would you ever know?

Saying there is no precedence for Obama to do some stupid Sh(t there because it is a democrat place is laughable.

Heres how much Obama cares about Baltimore and it's "Democrats" As mentioned by another ATS member:

And what did our Black President do while the riots went on?
He engaged in a metaphorical reenactement of Hunger Games
dailycaller.com...
partying with the elite and telling jokes.
Baltimore burned while Obama fiddled. (a metaphor, Nero fiddled while Rome burned)

edit on 28-4-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join