It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social media analysis suggests links between Baltimore and Ferguson violence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

And now the thread is complete. It wouldn't be a right wing thread if there wasn't some right winger coming in and claiming that whatever problem going on in the country is Obama's fault somehow.

Question for you buddy. Baltimore is a VERY deep blue city. What reason would Obama have in destabilizing a Democratic city? That is his party's voting base...
edit on 28-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Yeah. I love the people that are tying Baltimore to Obama. LOL

Wow! Quite a disconnect from reality!

Like this wouldn't have happened if McCain or Romney would have won. Wake up people!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

And now the thread is complete. It wouldn't be a right wing thread if there wasn't some right winger coming in and claiming that whatever problem going on in country is Obama's fault somehow.

Question for you buddy. Baltimore is a VERY deep blue city. What reason would Obama have in destabilizing a Democratic city? That is his party's voting base...

These deep blue areas also have people put into office like that Mayor, who is indecisive and sympathetic to anything involving a protest.

These may be designed to get one to be so bad that it is the spark that turns into nationwide chaos. What better places to operate than in those in which they control the local government from the start?

Logically your argument here has failed miserably.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Do you have a complete quote from the Commissioner? I'd have to read his statement to put it in proper context.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Do you have a complete quote from the Commissioner? I'd have to read his statement to put it in proper context.

I watched him last night live on the news. Go google it.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

""professional protesters" or anarchists"

That's right, an organized professional ring of anarchists are behind the destruction of US cities through manufactured violence.

More like provocateurs.

Nice sensationalism there TinfoilTP, I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

And now the thread is complete. It wouldn't be a right wing thread if there wasn't some right winger coming in and claiming that whatever problem going on in country is Obama's fault somehow.

These deep blue areas also have people put into office like that Mayor, who is indecisive and sympathetic to anything involving a protest.

More like the mayor of my city just didn't know what to do in this situation and just made a decision. Albeit a bad one, but in her defense, there aren't many good decisions one can make in these situations. She'll probably still lose her job over this.

These may be designed to get one to be so bad that it is the spark that turns into nationwide chaos. What better places to operate than in those in which they control the local government from the start?

Logically, your argument is sensationalist and makes little sense. The governor stepped in and deployed the National Guard. These riots aren't going to escalate beyond Baltimore.

I live in Baltimore and happen to know this area better than you could hope to know it.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

And now the thread is complete. It wouldn't be a right wing thread if there wasn't some right winger coming in and claiming that whatever problem going on in the country is Obama's fault somehow.

Could it be that this piece was written with the sole purpose of creating outrage among their reader base? They offer no proof and I highly doubt anything of substance will come out of this, but it has done a great job of getting the neoconservative blogosphere worked-up.

These stories are good for business.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

That is very interesting, I am not a social media follower as I don't have any accounts with them but this is very interesting, how they can measure the traffic growing during these upraising.Somebody is keeping tracks of it.

But while people wants change, people have been complaining against oppression, I am afraid it could be outside forces working against the volatility of our nations this days, that has been building for quite sometimes, the only way a nation of laws like our nation can be weakened is from within.

Hopefully all this will die down and things will get better, but it seems like it could become a trend.

Again, if our nations is weakened it will open the door to anarchy, we are educated as citizens that our nations laws are what keeps us united, but a nation without laws is nation that will fall into chaos.

Perhaps, the change that we all want may no be the best thing for us as a nation after all, but our destruction.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Could it be possible? Is that a rhetorical question? We ARE talking about Fox News here. I usually assume that articles originating from there are meant to do that before I even read them. I'm usually right too.

These stories are good for business.

Yes. Yes, they are good for business.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Obama is the biggest piece of SHAT in the country pal. It doesn't take a right winger to figure that one out. Have you seen his house that Tony Rezko (his good buddy) in the MAFIA gave him a great deal on? No? What rock doest thou cometh?

Did you know a lot of LEFT wingers say this same thing? No?

Obama is guilty of so many lies and so many deceits, and so many people dying that were working for the US government at the time of their deaths, and they were because of things a lot worse than having a bunch of riot inciters working on his behalf.

You should have put on a life preserver before jumping in the deepest part of the Denial river.

edit on 28-4-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

More like the mayor of my city just didn't know what to do in this situation and just made a decision. Albeit a bad one, but in her defense, there aren't many good decisions one can make in these situations. She'll probably still lose her job over this.

Logically, your argument is sensationalist and makes little sense. The governor stepped in and deployed the National Guard. These riots aren't going to escalate beyond Baltimore.

I live in Baltimore and happen to know this area better than you could hope to know it.

That Mayor allowed this to fester since Saturday. This allowed plenty of time for outside forces to target the area once they seen the locals were on the verge of going into violence. There was violence displayed at the baseball game. It was not organized though and was dealt with and dispersed by proven methods.
Last nights violence was organized and designed to spread response forces thin for maximum effect.

If the Mayor had called in the forces the Governor prepared on Saturday, this would not have happened.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19287510]TinfoilTP

If the Mayor had called in the forces the Governor prepared on Saturday, this would not have happened.

I agree, poor planning and poor leadership, the mayor lady didn't seem to learn anything from the Ferguson riots at all.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Obama is the biggest piece of SHAT in the country pal. It doesn't take a right winger to figure that one out. Have you seen his house that Tony Rezko (his good buddy) in the MAFIA gave him a great deal on? No? What rock doest thou cometh?

What does that have to do with the riots in Baltimore though? I don't care about his credibility. I care about the evidence and motives that would link him to the crime. Which you don't have.

Did you know a lot of LEFT wingers say this same thing? No?

Don't care.

Obama is guilty of so many lies and so many deceits, and so many people dying that were working for the US government at the time of their deaths, and they were because of things a lot worse than having a bunch of riot inciters working on his behalf.

Him and every other politician in the world.

You should have put on a life preserver before jumping in the deepest part of the Denial river.

Why? You haven't exactly put forth a compelling argument that you are right. You just spent 3 paragraphs ad homineming Obama without actually proving that he is even involved with this. The leader of the Knight's Templar drug cartel is pretty much the scum of the earth, but just because that is the case, doesn't mean I can arbitrarily just blame him for riots without any evidence.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

No # Captain Hindsight. Just because you can see a better solution after the fact, doesn't entitle you to second guess the decisions made as they happened.

Like I said, I agree that the mayor mishandled things, but that doesn't automatically mean that there is some major conspiracy to incite riots here in Baltimore.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I just watched the press conference and he didn't say anything about the youth "being organized in the schools".
edit on 28-4-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I just watched the press conference and he didn't say anything about the youth "being organized in the schools".

Yeah he did. He stated they were monitoring social media and the cops knew the location, and they named it, where all the teens were going to group up. That is where all those initial cops ended up in the hospital from cinder blocks getting thrown at them.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

""professional protesters" or anarchists"
That's right, an organized professional ring of anarchists are behind the destruction of US cities through manufactured violence.

Thanks for that chuckle!
I've met a lot of anarchists in my time but I've never, ever met any that could be characterized as "organized" or "professional"! Perhaps an understanding of the terms being used in the script could lead to better writing. Trying to scare the daylights out of people by publicizing stories about "an organized professional ring of anarchists" is good for a laugh but not much else to anyone who has ever studied or encountered a true anarchist. You might as well try teaching cats to march in formation.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Why not? The way it is presented shows no accountability. No source name given, article author puts own spin on it, article title sensationalizes it.

Because we live in a world where truth is criminal. Non-disclosure contracts, secret courts and gag orders, whistleblower prosecutions, FBI entrapment, and on and on and on. Because we know that Ferguson, Occupy and other social protests were tainted, compromised, and manipulated for dubious purposes by dubious groups. I know it has happened before and will happen again... I expect it. I also protect those who would expose them to be as careful as possible to protect themselves.

Standard Fox News SOP.

I'll take your word for that. I very seldom watch the news, and I almost never watch Fox. It does occur to me that your reaction may be exactly why it was reported by Fox in that way. How many others will do the same? Even if it is true, many will never believe it now.

The claim that they often work for the government could mean anything. Working for the government has a WIDE range of possibilities. To me that looks like a random tidbit thrown into the story to try to build credibility for the source, but it means nothing if you don't tell us what they actually DO for the government.

Anything? It means they work for the government. I know I'm going out on a limb here, but it seems reasonable to assume that the work they do for the government is the work they do -- data mining as you put it. Do you think they're lying about doing work for the government? As far as telling us what they do, I'd bet dollars to donuts that any work they've done for the government has included a non-disclosure clause in their contract.

Which brings us back to truth being criminal again...

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The real "striking connection" between the two events is obvious to anyone with common sense: the media.

When the media stops whipping people up into a frenzy by playing judge, jury, and executioner in every one of these cases and inspiring more racism and unrest with their incredibly biased reporting, these riots will stop. They are responsible for turning these cases into "unarmed black man killed by white cop" headlines and then pushing the issue non-stop for months at a time.

The media idiots have a vested interest in making the public angry. Riots = ratings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join