It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bali nine duo executed by firing squad

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: hellobruce

Surely even such a staunch authority cheerleader; can see the inhumanity in the fact that these two have rehabilitated -

presumably the goal of incarcerations eveywhere - only to be killed once that repayment to society was being paid.

You need a soul to understand I guess ...?

I have a soul but have also suffered under these two scum bugs soul and many like them, you would be glad to know my soul is content that these 2 have left to see their maker

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: auswally

By 2010, just 13 of the 70 JI terrorists convicted for their involvement in the Bali bombings and 2004 attack on the Australian embassy in Jakarta were still in prison.

Shot dead 3 in this case .

On 9 November, 2008, three Indonesians, Imam Samudra, Amrozi Nurhasyim and Huda bin Abdul Haq were executed by firing squad for their roles in the 2002 Bali bombings.

No ten news here . Just the facts .

202 people died and only 13 still in gaol . Oh wait . They killed Australians among others . 3 executed , and yes , that was wrong . The death penalty belongs in another century .

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Kryties

Stay with your convictions , i know how it is , i authored the timeline thread and have found the blood-lust of some people to be appalling .

I will be staying the course mate, the ranting coming from the sick and demented minds only strengthens my conviction on the subject and proves that I am right.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
To the sick souls who are reveling and salivating all over their keyboards over this tragedy of justice, can you at least have some respect and dignity for the families of the men killed? Do you have enough humanity in you to at least do that?

You have made your pleasure at the killing of human beings quite clear, and in the process shown how monstrous some humans can be, now it's time to stop the demented thinking and show some bloody respect for the families.

If you can't even do that then I'm really not seeing much hope for you as human beings.

edit on 29/4/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I find it hard to comprehend why some people are so angry about it.
These laws where there from the start along with the warning signs . Those people chose to ignore them and take the risk. It does not matter even if the laws said torture until death or stoning or limps amputation or any scenario you can think as punishment. The Australian government knew the laws and the Brazilian government too, a bit to late to join the party now. As somebody mentioned they will do business as usual.
If the laws are not followed then they cannot be called laws any more.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
Cikeys, Kryties!!

It is irrelevant whether you think their Death penalty is "Fair" or Not.

Clearly you seem confused as to my stance on this issue. Let me clarify it for you, in nice easy-to-understand words...

The issue has two (2) parts.

The first is mine (and many others) belief that the death penalty is outdated, barbaric and proven not to work to deter others.

The second, however, includes the fact that THIS PARTICULAR execution was unjust and unfair given the fact that the men had worked hard at, and were proven to be, rehabilitated. Coupled with this is the fact that the men had outstanding appeals in the Indonesian Courts when they were executed. In no country that calls itself free and fair is this acceptable. Why are people ignoring these two VERY IMPORTANT FACTS? It makes me believe this is about vicarious bloodlust and vengeance rather than seeing justice done - nobody with any soul or heart would take two proven rehabilitated men with outstanding appeals still in the courts and execute them.

Oh and just to be clear - nobody, and I mean NOBODY, is suggesting that these men deserved to be freed, not even the men themselves. A reprieve from death due to rehabilitation was all that was asked for. I find it offensive that some people are suggesting we are saying the men deserved to be freed completely.

Is this clear enough for you and everyone else? Do I need to break out the Sesame Street letters?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Laxus

If the laws are not followed then they cannot be called laws any more.

You mean like the law that each case is to be assessed individually .

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
To the sick souls who are reveling and salivating all over their keyboards over this tragedy of justice, can you at least have some respect and dignity for the families of the men killed? Do you have enough humanity in you to at least do that?

You have made your pleasure at the killing of human beings quite clear, and in the process shown how monstrous some humans can be, now it's time to stop the demented thinking and show some bloody respect for the families.

If you can't even do that then I'm really not seeing much hope for you as human beings.

So im sick and demented and salivating all over their keyboards because what?

Im not buying a ticket to Indonesia protest?

What the # do you want us to do?

No I dont agree with the death penalty. But what another sovereign country does is there business and I cant change that!

So no im not sick and demented and salivating all over their keyboards and the joy of killing I just know I cant change the laws in Indonesia.

End of the day dont do the crime if you cant do the time.
edit on 29-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

It was a message to Australia . It will be interesting to see if indonesia now " bows to international pressure " . They killed their Aussies . They should be happy now .

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Are you happy they are dead , if not that post was not aimed at you .

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
S&F Kryties - their deaths served no purpose, it will not deter the same from occurring again and the blatant disregard for their clear rehab and ongoing appeals is a disrespectful slap in the face.

I'm currently in Kupang, and many locals here are equally upset and the political posturing going on.

The fact he let the woman off the hook at the 11th hour proves it was political..........the $$130K stinks too. They should have been allowed to live their remaining lives in Jail - teaching others.....as they were more than prepared to do.

She said "No-one"
He said "Well, then I will not condone you either, now, go and sin no more"
He said "let him who is without sin cast the first stone"
He said "all are sinners and fall short of the glory of God"

Politicians (still currently living the life of Riley) decisions have killed and murdered more innocents than these 2 potentially could have.

True Story.
edit on 29-4-2015 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: auswally

"Your sufferance under these two scumbags" was personal or related to another addict ?

Addiction is a medical issue. No ?

Can addicts be rehabilitated ? Nah lets just mow 'em down ! ( says 'ol mate sucking on a largie ! )

edit on 29-4-2015 by Timely because: spelling atrocity ...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I wasn't specifically referring to you crazy, others yes but you no.

However you do seem confused as to what the purpose of this thread is - you seem to believe I am asking everyone to do something about this? I never asked anything of the sort, I am merely posting the news, voicing my extreme displeasure at it and shooting down others suggestions (based on little to no knowledge of the execution or the lead-up) that the men "deserved to die because they were drug smugglers who entered a death penalty country".

Why is it so hard to comprehend the fact that these men deserved clemency due to rehabilitation endorsed by the governor of the prison they were in and the UN and pretty much everyone who ever met them? Why is it so hard to comprehend that these men still had ongoing appeals in the Indonesian Courts?

This isn't about whether what they did was wrong, NOBODY is suggesting they were innocent, only that their rehabilitation be taken into account by the President - which is WASN'T. The President admitted he didn't look at the individual clemency requests to determine each mans fate based on their crime and efforts at rehabilitation, he literally just signed a blanket death warrant for all of them. THIS IS WRONG, by their own laws and by any moral standard. The men had outstanding appeals in 2 different courts questioning the Presidents right to deny clemency without looking at the individual cases and yet they were executed before these appeals could be heard. THIS IS ALSO WRONG by international law, by Indonesian law and by any moral standard.

Please feel free to ask me anything else you are unclear about regarding this case, although I do wish people would do their research on the subject before commenting on it in future.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Politicians (still currently living the life of Riley) decisions have killed and murdered more innocents than these 2 potentially could have.

One just did , to shore up his untenable grip on power . And to send a message to Australia .

Just in this case they were guilty .
edit on 29-4-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Issue 1: YOUR belief that the death penalty is outdated and barbaric is your right and nobody is challenging that. To state that it does not deter many attempts at drug smuggling because it does not stop ALL attempts is false logic. Do you honestly believe there would not be an increase in the number of drug smuggling attempts if the consequence were changed to community service instead?

Your beliefs do not trump the laws of a sovereign nation in which you do not live. They believe the death penalty for drug smuggling is appropriate and it is their right to intact this law if they see fit.

Issue 2: Again, YOUR belief that the men being rehabilitated should somehow absolve them of punishment from the consequences of Indonesian law are unfounded.

PS: While I am anti-death penalty and anti-war on drugs, I believe respecting a sovereign nation's laws triumph my individual preferences.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Is no one reading what Kryties has been saying .

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

It was a message to Australia . It will be interesting to see if indonesia now " bows to international pressure " . They killed their Aussies . They should be happy now .

I have been doing a fair bit of reading in he last few days about the history of the Indonesian political and law system and its current status today. The more one reads about it, the more one cannot fail to come to the conclusion that their entire system is corrupted beyond repair and is in the hands of an elite few who pretty much 'run the show'.

I have no doubt whatsoever that this was a message to Australia as well as a political move on the part of Jokowi to bolster his Presidency due to a series of spectacular failures. Over there he is likened to Obama, was full of great promise and the crowd loved him during the election run-up, but so far an abject failure in delivering on the promises he made.

I could go into more detail but it would be long and probably pointless as those who need to read it to understand fully what has happened will refuse to do so citing their foolhardy and wrong belief that he men deserved to die for their crimes and "Lalala I'm not going to listen to anyone who says otherwise".

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Is no one reading what Kryties has been saying .

Apparently not.

Apparently sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming "Lalalalala" is what they prefer to do.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I like you have watched this and done a fair bit of research myself . But no to worry as the death mongers will disappear as the star count drops . Sad but true .

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

Issue 1: YOUR belief that the death penalty is outdated and barbaric is your right and nobody is challenging that. To state that it does not deter many attempts at drug smuggling because it does not stop ALL attempts is false logic. Do you honestly believe there would not be an increase in the number of drug smuggling attempts if the consequence were changed to community service instead?

I was describing an important part of the issue but not, BY ANY MEANS, the most important aspect of these executions - that was Point 2. Apparently I DO need to break out the Sesame street letters.

Issue 2: Again, YOUR belief that the men being rehabilitated should somehow absolve them of punishment from the consequences of Indonesian law are unfounded.

WRONG. It is not just my belief that the men were rehabilitated, it was the belief of many MANY people who had studied their case and/or had met them - INCLUDING the Governor of the prison where they were for 10 years (it should be noted he had NEVER done that before for ANYONE ELSE), the United Nations, Our Prime Minister and our entire political establishment - among MANY OTHERS.

Why do people keep insisting it was just a belief that was not proven? GO AND DO YOUR RESEARCH PEOPLE.

Indonesian LAW also requires that the President individually assess clemency applications to decide on death or reprieve. THE PRESIDENT DID NOT DO THIS. The President admitted publicly that he didn't look at the applications, he merely signed a blanket denial of clemency to everyone, regardless of circumstance or mitigating factors he WAS REQUIRED TO CONSIDER UNDER INDONESIAN LAW. Not only that but the 2 condemned men had ongoing appeals in the Indonesian Courts against that very judgement of not individually considering the cases when they were executed - before those appeals could be heard.

Again, I find myself asking this question, WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND?????

Seriously people, you are replying to mine (and some others ) posts after NOT HAVING READ THEM PROPERLY.

Now, have I made myself clear enough that this execution was unjust and wrong because of those reasons yet? Do I need to start drawing diagrams with stick figures and little bubble captions? Will that help people understand that the law was broken and two men wrongly executed?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join