It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bali nine duo executed by firing squad

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well, if I were to decide to partake in international crimes, I certainly would look up the punishments, but that would probably get me caught haha, but seriously
drug trafficking is punishable by death in indonesia

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Any in other news:

- Estimate 10,000 to be found dead in Nepalese earthquake
- Thousands die in Syria
- Thousands die in Iraq
- Millions in Africa
- Billionaire money junkies horde money to ensure the above continues...

But those are just "statistics" compared to two hapless drug trafficker saps murdered in the most populous MOSELM nation on Earth.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
The two sons of the oil executives, one 15 and the other 16, were caught smuggling a kilo of heroin. They were both executed by hanging.

en.wikipedia.org...:American_people_executed_abroad

Care to name the 2 Americans that were executed?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubilee

You know what would've been really great to see? If the Australian government had grown a pair, told the Indonesians to cram it and sent in the SASR to extract the entire group, bring them back to Aus and give them asylum. Show those savages what attempting to execute foreign citizens will get them.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Kapusta
a reply to: Kryties

Not saying I support the execution butt...

Think of the lives that could have been lost or ruined if the Heroin they were trying to smuggle got through?

It might be hard for you to fathem but until you have lost a love one to this drug ,maybe then you would understand.

Umm, you really think those addicts will stop taking heroin just because one shipment was stopped and one of millions of drug dealers caught?

Seriously?

Poor argument mate.

Let me ask you a question would you feel differently if these guys gave heroin to your loved one and killed him/her ?

How many crimes would you say have been committed because drugs played a roll?
How many people have died because of drugs?

Where is your remorse for these people?

You make the bed you lay in "mate" these guys getting caught might have very well saved lives and stopped crime .

Absolutely all due to prohibition.

Overdose? Crime?

So, make it illegal then justify it because people break the law... circular idiocy.

How about if it was the guy at the local bar being executed. how many people have died from alcohol overdose? How many crimes are committed by drunks.

Nah, thats legal huh. Go drink another brewski and enjoy a smoooooth camel cigarette while you're at it.

Those things have never killed people.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoverBoy
Let me say I do not condone the death penalty for a drug dealer or user. I think it is extreme. However doing these crimes where there are signs everywhere stating what will happen if caught....come on... Use some common sense.

Then it should not have taken ten years. In that time they reformed and had helped many others. Turned people AWAY from drug use. One was ordained a Christian minister and held weekly mass in prison. The other became a recognised artist and was awarded an art degree.

They had futures doing good, helping others. One had only this week married.

To all of you who say they deserved death, you are nothing but barbarians.

As someone else said, all these immature kids wanted at the time was money. What you ADULTS want is blood.

Sickening.
edit on 29-4-2015 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane
a reply to: Kryties

What you fail to understand OP is that people know that if you get caught smuggling drugs into most Asian countries you will get the death penalty.

And good. Dont go to another country and break their laws. They deserved it and it too bad.

See, another person who does not have the full bottle and yet swigs away anyhow.

They deserved it , did they?

Just like Negroes deserved to be flogged if they tried to escape. Oh, only until the law changes, then it's a reprehensible act.

Got ya.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShadeWolf
bring them back to Aus and give them asylum.

Why should they do that for convicted drug dealers? Most Australians cannot care less about drug dealers!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch
The other became a recognised artist and was awarded an art degree.

Where was he awarded a "Arts Degree" from?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I recall over a decade ago a couple of oil executives and their families were leaving Malaysia to head back to the USA after a working there for sometime. The two sons of the oil executives, one 15 and the other 16, were caught smuggling a kilo of heroin. They were both executed by hanging. Seems that the Bali 9 were in the same predicament.

No political message. It was just done as example of what happens to drug smugglers in Malaysia. The Malaysian government wouldn't accept any amount of money to buy the two teenager's freedom and nothing the families could do.

This was 100% politically motivated. If you as a country can release a mob of people who murdered over a hundred innocent people by blowing them up with bombs, yet cannot release two people who have killed no one and have never conspired to, who have changed and helped many others, who had potentially good futures as guides for people lost in despair, then you as a country, are backwards and deserve condemnation.

100% politically motivated. That, and the fact the bribes were not paid.

indonesia is a corrupt barbaric blight on the face of the earth. it may be the home of many nice individual people, but they are only nice if you're a well paying tourist. And never mind that countless people die from methanol poisoning every year there, due to them mixing methylated spirits in their alcohol.

not to mention the flourishing drug trade the locals are involved with, or the police entrapment where a plain clothed officer asks you to buy drugs, then the uniformed ones come along to arrest you and you spend months if not years behind bars in unhygienic dens of excrement.

Dada is death. But try out magic mushroom smoothies, they make you not ugly any more.

Have a go you school leavers... enjoy the drugs in bali.. but dada is death remember...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagmaCumsLoudly
Any in other news:

- Estimate 10,000 to be found dead in Nepalese earthquake
- Thousands die in Syria
- Thousands die in Iraq
- Millions in Africa
- Billionaire money junkies horde money to ensure the above continues...

But those are just "statistics" compared to two hapless drug trafficker saps murdered in the most populous MOSELM nation on Earth.

And in OTHER THREADS....

Oh wait, that's right, this isn't one of them threads.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: sn0rch
The other became a recognised artist and was awarded an art degree.

Where was he awarded a "Arts Degree" from?

Curtin University.

Google not working over there? you must be using dodo.

His friend and mentor, Archibald prize winning artist Ben Quilty wrote last month that Sukumaran's mother, Raji, was worried that the pressure of an imminent firing squad would prevent "Myu" finishing his degree this year.

"She has worried more in the past 10 years than most mothers worry in a lifetime," Mr Quilty wrote in Fairfax Media.

"I told her that as long as he is allowed to live, nothing will stop Myuran Sukumaran."

Now Curtin University has confirmed that Sukumaran has already accrued enough points to be awarded an Associate Degree in Fine Art.

Mr Quilty said Curtin University was couriering the associate degree to him on Friday.

"It's just unreal, it's so unreal," Mr Quilty said.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

The two sons of the oil executives, one 15 and the other 16, were caught smuggling a kilo of heroin. They were both executed by hanging.

en.wikipedia.org...:American_people_executed_abroad

Care to name the 2 Americans that were executed?

I don't have a citing for my comment. From what I recall it happened in the 80's or 90's not the ten years I previously stated. It was a big news but don't remember the details.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
All of the murdered on this day at the hands of the indo govt. refused to wear blind folds. They must have looked into death with a staunch face.

All of the murdered on this day at the hands of the indo govt. sang, in unison, Amazing Grace, till a sudden and abrupt shot, ripped into their bodies, tearing at, with hope, their hearts, instantly ceasing their lives. If else, they died slowly and in agony.

And you people who cheer this on, you would have died slowly and in agony as you have no heart.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Cikeys, Kryties!!

It is irrelevant whether you think their Death penalty is "Fair" or Not.

They have laws in other country's that may differ to your "Ideals"...Saudi Arabia is a classic...death by beheading for adultery etc.

For at Least...AT LEAST the past 35+ years, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and other Asian countries, have had the DEATH penalty for ANY drug dealing offences..............Mainly instigated because of all the drugged out White Hippys that invaded these cheap countries in the late 60s- 70s, looking for cheap access to drugs.
In the 70s, Singapore even had a Law, yes LAW, as to how long your hair could be (yes because of the whiteys and long hair of the 70s), AND you could be throw in Prison for exceeding the hair length......Yes this was KNOWN by travellers in the 70s, all Whiteys had hair cuts if they wanted to travel to Singapore....I even think the rules still applies to a degree.

There is absolutely NO excuse to have anything to do with drugs in these countries, and THEN cry and weep about being caught and sentenced to death or life in prison.......ala Corby, a known drug family.

Anyway, we have been ALL Through this argument before, back in the mid 1980s.

You may be too young, but back then 2 whiteys, Barlow and Chambers, were executed for Drug running in Malaysia.
They didnt have the extended opportunity of 10 years extra time in prison to "pretend" to rehabilitate.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
My memory's fuzzy at the details, but this group was a group of drug smugglers, correct?

Yes, a group that had made several trips before they were caught to Indonesia to smuggle drugs back to Australia.

but these smugglers were hailed as some kind of heroic group just because they were "only planning" to smuggle? They broke the law in a foreign country & paid for it big-time.

They were not just "planning to smuggle, they had done it successfully before, but this time some were caught with the drug taped to their bodies, some were caught in the process of doing that.

Only a few twitterites are upset by it, they even held candle vigils for the convicted, admitted drug dealers.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

I do not judge someone unless I have walked in their shoes,maybe these men achieved redemption or absolution I dont know,by the same token many a parent who has watched their child suffer the long lingering destructive death of heroin abuse would be only to happy to pull the trigger themself.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I know all I need to about this case, they broke their laws hell they even have it plastered all over the airports telling you what will happen if you smuggle drugs into their country.

Apparently you dont know enough . They were smuggling drugs OUT of the country . If anything they were doing Indonesia a favour .

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: sn0rch

I do not judge someone unless I have walked in their shoes,maybe these men achieved redemption or absolution I dont know,by the same token many a parent who has watched their child suffer the long lingering destructive death of heroin abuse would be only to happy to pull the trigger themself.

A person. Why do we refer to this always as children?

"Have you seen your child die?"

What about the homeless adult with no one to care for them? not an emotive enough argument there is it.

Point is, supply and demand. Prohibition creates this mess. and when it messes up, you argue FOR prohibition. It's stupid.

Yes, drugs are a cause of a miserable life, if one chooses to abuse them. So is alcohol.

"Have you ever seen your child die from alcohol poisoning? Well then, you can't argue that bottle shop owners should not be put to death!"

"Have you seen your child die from lung cancer? Well then, you can't argue that tobacconists should not be put to death!"

"Have you seen your child due in a car accident? Well then, you can't argue that car dealers should be put to death!"

Endless and endless hypocritical rubbish.

We're talking about adults. you want to remove kids from the equation, take it out of a prohibitive limelight and make it an adult thing.

Do kids drink, smoke, drive cars? Yes... THAT is already illegal.

it is this circular illogic that perpetrates this entire situation. god almighty... We kill people to stop them from killing people? people who make their own choice?

Are we any better?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Hutch they weren't smuggling out of Indo just passing through. why maybe Australians are less checked coming from Bali since it's a tourist destination when they go through customs instead of Thai destination a known heroine route . Often think why they went through Bali got me thinking , stupid if ya ask me but there must of been a reason why is the question

Wal

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join