It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bali nine duo executed by firing squad

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
They were kingpins of Heroin and forced their mules to swallow condoms full of it. I wonder if you crossed them you if you would have received their mercy of appeal after appeal. Heroin is not pot. You don't just get the munchies from it, it ruins lives.

I think that although they were able to garner the sympathy of many people, they would have had no problem dealing out their own justice if they didn't get their drugs when the mule reached their destination.
edit on 4/28/2015 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

Bali 9
edit on 4/28/2015 by whatnext21 because: added a link

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if they started executing drug smugglers and traffickers in the United States.

Anyone care to ponder on it for me?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Jokowi is a weak man who gave in to the power of this party leader, Megawati, in order to cement his leadership and ensure re-election. THIS is the ONLY reason these executions took place, it had nothing to do with justice.

Luckily the Australian Govt. has seen sense and is preparing a punishment response to Indonesia, alongside the other nations whose people were executed. The barbaric and backward words spoken in this thread by some people are not being heeded, instead common sense has prevailed.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Kapusta
a reply to: Kryties

Not saying I support the execution butt...

Think of the lives that could have been lost or ruined if the Heroin they were trying to smuggle got through?

It might be hard for you to fathem but until you have lost a love one to this drug ,maybe then you would understand.

Umm, you really think those addicts will stop taking heroin just because one shipment was stopped and one of millions of drug dealers caught?

Seriously?

Poor argument mate.

Let me ask you a question would you feel differently if these guys gave heroin to your loved one and killed him/her ?

How many crimes would you say have been committed because drugs played a roll?
How many people have died because of drugs?

Where is your remorse for these people?

You make the bed you lay in "mate" these guys getting caught might have very well saved lives and stopped crime .

edit on 28-4-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I feel indifferent about this entire case. They knew the risks & took their chances.

Cause and effect seems to be a concept a ridiculous amount of people simply can't comprehend. There are repercussions to your actions, both good and bad. Smuggling large quantities of drugs into certain countries can & likely will, get you killed.

It's also very frustrating to come home after a hard days work to find some skinny junkie bastard has broken in & flogged your Playstaion, TV and or anything else of value.

When you play dangerous games, you sometimes win deadly prizes.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PeachesNCream

In extreme cases there are individuals that need to be put down.

link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
They were kingpins of Heroin and forced their mules to swallow condoms full of it. I wonder if you crossed them you if you would have received their mercy of appeal after appeal. Heroin is not pot. You don't just get the munchies from it, it ruins lives.

I think that although they were able to garner the sympathy of many people, they would have had no problem dealing out their own justice if they didn't get their drugs when the mule reached their destination.

You clearly have read nothing about the case. The heroin was strapped to their bodies, and Chan and Sukumaran were NOT the ringleaders, merely mid-level only slightly above mules themselves.

I can't stand it when people comment on something they clearly haven't a clue about.

link   
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

I'm not saying this is one of them.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Your government is not going to do anything about it other then business as usual your just hearing what they want you to think.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Doesn't matter wether you or anyone agrees with the execution, these people knew 100% what would happen if they got caught, what's the point of having a death penalty for a particular crime if your not going to enforce it?

These signs are plastered all over the airport......I'm pretty sure all 9 of them will have seen them and chosen to ignore them......serious error.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

Let me ask you a question would you feel differently if these guys gave heroin to your loved one and killed him/her ?

I wouldn't ask for their execution no. I would advocate for life imprisonment - WHICH, by the way, was what even Chan and Sukumaran pleaded for, even they said they didn't deserve freedom, just a reprieve from execution due to their rehabilitation efforts.

How many crimes would you say have been committed because drugs played a roll?
How many people have died because of drugs?

This has nothing to do with this individual case.

Where is your remorse for these people?

How dare you make up nonsense and imply I don't feel remorse for drug addicts? I am only saying that addicts will get their drugs from wherever they can - executing 2 dealers isnt going to stop those addicts getting their drugs elsewhere - unless you are suggesting that dealers stand in front of addicts and ram the drugs down their throats?

You make the bed you lay in "mate" these guys getting caught might have very well saved lives and stopped crime .

Apparently remorse and 10 years extreme rehabilitation efforts (including a glowing report from the governor of the prison they were in) mean absolutely nothing to you? Apparently once you do a crime you're done - no chance of rehabilitation? Why the hell have prisons then, if that's the way you think? Just take every criminal out back, no matter their crime, and put a bullet in them. Is this what you want? It certainly sounds like it....

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Your government is not going to do anything about it other then business as usual your just hearing what they want you to think.

LOL, please don't comment on something you clearly have no clue about. It's all over the news and the pollies here are talking serious - something you wouldn't know because you haven't done your research.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm off to bed, I'll come back tomorrow, hopefully the level of barbaric and backward thinking has died away and we can get down to discussing this disgraceful act and the ramifications it is going to have on Indonesia.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I know all I need to about this case, they broke their laws hell they even have it plastered all over the airports telling you what will happen if you smuggle drugs into their country.

Your government just like mine will tell its people what they want to hear and if you believe your government then I can't help you.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
I'm off to bed, I'll come back tomorrow, hopefully the level of barbaric and backward thinking has died away and we can get down to discussing this disgraceful act and the ramifications it is going to have on Indonesia.

What ramifications? That some people will expect Indonesians to respect their laws & accept the consequences of breaking them, but refuse to reciprocate? Like, IDK, you maybe? Some ramification. I wouldn't worry too much, you're not a citizen and thus don't matter much to any Indonesian cop, judge, et al. Much like how I really dislike the strict Saudi laws against women, stoning as a punishment, penalties of being gay in some countries. I don't like the laws, but it's not my place to demand they change them-- I'm not their citizen. If the citizens of those countries want & move for changes, then more power to them, that's their prerogative. Best I'm afforded is a seat in the bleachers, not the dugout.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That is true-but when a country is adamant of upholding their laws they are quick to forget other nations laws.

Life sentences I can agree with-but death by firing squad? That obliterates rehabilitation. When is 'you screw up, you die' an acceptable form of punishment?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
One last post to leave you with, proof that the Australian Gov is going to take action against Indonesia for this barbaric act:

This is a tweet from the parliamentary secretary of our foreign minister Julie Bishop - his tweeting this is NOT to be taken lightly, it is the first official message from the Govt. about the executions and is indicative of what is to come:

Steven Ciobo ‏@steveciobo

There are few greater displays of abuse of State power and regressive thinking than the death penalty. #RIP[/ex]

Steven Ciobo, the parliamentary secretary to Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop, is the first Australian politician to respond to the execution.

He tweeted this scathing and mournful message moments ago, signalling further condemnation to come when the Abbott Government officially reacts to Indonesia’s actions.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: crazyewok

That is true-but when a country is adamant of upholding their laws they are quick to forget other nations laws.

Life sentences I can agree with-but death by firing squad? That obliterates rehabilitation. When is 'you screw up, you die' an acceptable form of punishment?

Its not in my opinion.

But I dont live in Bali.

Not my country.

What you want me to do ask the UK to invade them? Bomb them? Blockade them?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

They lived 10 years too long in my opinion. When scum have to be fed, clothed and protected, it takes vital resources that are better allocated elsewhere. It is not the tax payers responsibility to be burdened with these idiots. Further anyone if given enough time will repent, when being punished. There's an old saying. You make your bed, now lie in it. The only issue I have with this, is that it dragged out for 10 years. If they would have put a bullet in them immediately after the trial, this wouldn't be an issue now. I congratulate Indonesia on having the patience and compassion to give these mongrels 10 years longer to live.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

A tweet really?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join