It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore, Maryland ... ( think: 'economy' )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
FYI: I'm just an ... Outsider-Look'n-In.

HOWEVER

I was curious and wanted a simple-summary-description about what Baltimore produces.

I landed on: Wikipedia's Baltimore - Economy

Once a predominantly industrial town, with an economic base focused on steel processing, shipping, auto manufacturing, and transportation, the city experienced deindustrialization which cost residents tens of thousands of low-skill, high-wage jobs.

The city now relies on a low-wage service economy, which accounts for 90% of jobs in the city.

Tourism

Baltimore's history and attractions have allowed the city to become a strong tourist destination on the East Coast.

In 2013, the city hosted 23.9 million visitors, who spent $5.15 billion.

-
OPINION:

Problems are bigger than most think.

( or will 'tourism' be increasing with ...

10,000 national guard-n-police? )

edit on 28-4-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne
I would like to see all tourism in the US from the last few years. Myself, and quite a few people I have spoken with, have zero plans to visit the US nor will we take a flight that has a connection in the states. Not sure if that is because how the media portrays the Governments heavy handidness, or if the only stories coming out of the US is criminal in nature. It's a shame though, the US is beautiful...could just be my fear getting the best of me though!

join