It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smile for the stamp machine while it takes your picture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
As if we didn't have enough to worry about:

The United States Postal Service just released documents under FOIA about its stamp machines. Apparently, the new computerized postage machines take pictures of customers and save them for 30 days. (Who knows if the pictures are uploaded out of the machine.) If you obscure the camera, it won't sell you stamps.

See this link for the documents: www.epic.org...

More info on the USPS and its respect for privacy:
www.epic.org...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Possum Sandwich
As if we didn't have enough to worry about:

The United States Postal Service just released documents under FOIA about its stamp machines. Apparently, the new computerized postage machines take pictures of customers and save them for 30 days. (Who knows if the pictures are uploaded out of the machine.) If you obscure the camera, it won't sell you stamps.

See this link for the documents: www.epic.org...

More info on the USPS and its respect for privacy:
www.epic.org...

Hey no problem I used one of those machines and I was aware of the fact and yes I did obsure the Cam and yes I did get my stamps.

Amazing that some of the links on www.epic.org...
did not work. Why? ( I am talking about the one that contains a aource code url of www.epic.org...) Because it is not a government site, just another site to incite others into thinking everything is a conspriacy.

Yes I do believe we have some (conspiracies) but not the amount that others would have you think.

[edit on 12/21/2004 by shots]

[edit on 12/21/2004 by shots]

join