It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Fire at the CDC Building in Atlanta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
There was a fire at the CDC building in Atlanta, Georgia today. The CDC (The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) holds, amongst other things, samples of toxic viruses and bacteria. The news report stated it did not immediately know what was being held at this particular facility. The fire is now contained.

www.fox5atlanta.com
Fire at CDC Facility
(AP) -- At least 35 DeKalb County firefighters were summoned to a fire at a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention facility today. It was not immediately known what is stored at the facility, located near Chamblee-Tucker Road and Buford Highway in Northeast Atlanta. The facility is not located on the main C-D-C campus. Captain Eric Jackson of the DeKalb County Fire Department said the fire was isolated to a roof location within 30 minutes, but he said it was not known how the fire started. Jackson said the fire is under control. A C-D-C spokesperson said information about the building and the fire will be released tonight. (Updated 12/21/04 7pm)

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I have talked to someone who lives there, who finds it very strange that it is not being reported on the national news. It was reported on the local TV news, briefly, then nothing else was said.

Further the IRS Building, just 8 miles away, was evacuated today because of a bomb threat. She heard it on the radio, but we've been unable to find a link to that news.

Does anyone have any further information on this? It just seems strange that more coverage hasn't been given to these two stories, and they occurred in the same city.

Terrorism? I'm not sure.

[edit on 21-12-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I was able to find a link to the IRS building being evacuated.

www.wgnx.com...

December 21, 2004 CHAMBLEE, Ga. (AP) -- DeKalb County authorities have evacuated the IRS building near Chamblee after finding a suspicious package. Police spokesman Dale Davis confirmed that police are investigating the package found at the building (at 4800 Buford Highway), but he would NOT give details.

I copied and pasted, without giving any emphasis on the word "NOT."

[edit on 21-12-2004 by sosuemetoo]

Odd

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Jeez... you'd think we'd hear about that sort of thing.

I do hope nothing unpleasant got out. Isn't that pretty much how The Stand started?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Odd,
That's what we were thinking also. You'd think we would hear about something as serious as this. While the fire at the CDC is contained, you would think it would make national/world news.

Still no update that was promised tonight, and it is 9:30 edt.

Why is nothing being said about the evacuation at the IRS building.

Very strange indeed.

[edit on 21-12-2004 by sosuemetoo]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well, I guess this info was not as important as I thought it was.

My apologies to ATS and it's members. I should have posted this on BTS.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Don't apologize this was a news worthy story! Many viewed your thread but probably didn't have much to say which doesn't mean it's not worth posting as news. This could have been a potentially very dangerous situation if things got out of control. They probably have measures in place though, for just this type of situation or at least one would hope they do.

new topics

top topics

join