It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looters Vs Lawful Protesters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yes it's been a long night in Baltimore. I listened to a link provided by a member here at ATS, "Scan Baltimore".. it was hard to listen to.

Today the Guard has moved into some areas and Baltimore citizens are out cleaning their streets. There is a heavy Law Enforcement deployment and some businesses will never recover. I've covered the media and seen video of a Mother pulling her Son from the street and forcibly chasing him home. Media news crews are zipping about filming everything they possibly can. A Community Center that was being built has been destroyed. Pharmacies have been looted. People are being injured.

Looting is a crime of opportunity. Protesting is not a crime. I believe protesting is a right.

I watch as carloads of people steal and destroy. Some are arriving from other Cities around Baltimore with a completely different agenda. Some are organized, most just petty criminals looking for a quick score. I draw the line right there.

Dynamic's of a protest is complete, Those protesters have a common goal. Yes they are upset, but are lawfully voicing their agenda. However a riot begins when outside agitators and resisters clash breaking down the protest goals and convert this into a mob. Thats the first phase of a riot. Please bear in mind there's a lot of polarization in a mob. It's a large group of individuals acting out without any organization other than loot and destroy.

Lawful Protesters should never be confronted by Police. Mobs however have to be contained by force if necessary to protect citizens and property. Some will say I'm old school, but I remember the 60's. History teaches us a lot. Sometimes. Urban cities are complex. And it's clear that wealthy people just don't riot, poor, disenfranchised people do.

I remember the day when looters were shot on site. I hope I don't see that again. There are solutions. Smarter public representatives, properly trained Police officers and responsible parents who risk everything to keep their children under control like that Mother I watched today.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: scattergun

I remember the day when looters were shot on site. I hope I don't see that again. There are solutions. Smarter public representatives, properly trained Police officers and responsible parents who risk everything to keep their children under control like that Mother I watched today.

If my property were being looted, this is exactly how I would handle it.

And then I would be the bad guy, and go to prison- assuming I survived my arrest.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

It pains me to admit as many have said, here on ATS, that this is playing out exactly as planned.

I guess we should have known the outcome when we allowed the military industry to load our police departments and dress their Barney Fife's with "FREE", military paraphernalia, that we would end up paying the ultimate price.

I fear this is just the beginning and it will be coming to a city near you eventually.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Logic would say thats exactly what most would do to protect their property, and they also have that right. But most bis owners fled as they would just be beaten or firebombed in their property. I saw one store owner dragged out and kicked in the street.. in the Rodney King riots Asians protected their business with Machine guns.. that seemed to work in certain areas.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Sadly once the protest turn to the violent side, the good lawful protestors should step away from the rioters or they will be treated the same as the criminals.

In a group of people is hard to distinguish who is right and who is wrong.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I mean you have appoint with something you said rich people don't protest I never thought about it like that before but I think your right.

well actually now thinking about rich people pay lobbyist to protest for them.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

There are solutions. Smarter public representatives, properly trained Police officers and responsible parents who risk everything to keep their children under control like that Mother I watched today.

I think you forgot the most important aspects of the solutions: Personal responsibility, respect for people and their property, and intelligence.

Also, on the law enforcement side, they need to do a better job holding these scofflaws accountable.

And speaking of The Scofflaws:

If everyone would just listen to this in Baltimore, it would reduce the aggression.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Planned by whom? There are so many different agendas, special interest groups, politicians, and power hungry idiots. Just who is in control of this mess. Our current leadership is far too dysfunctional to pull off crap like this. There still working on promoting mas hysteria...lol

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
But with the national guard being there I hope it doesn't stop the non violent protest that was supposed to happen throughout the week., I know the pastor was making it very evident that on the day of the funeral that there was supposed to be no protest but I thought I heard that there was supposed to be something on Wednesday or something like that.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Freddie Greys family asked for no protests, and the protesters honored that request. What happened yesterday wasn't a protest but a twitter revolt by the young people, IMO.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Good post.

I tried to explain in other threads that when a real revolution happens there will be opportunists looting, but that's why we have the right to bear arms.

I wouldn't blame a business owner for using lethal force to defend their livelihood, I would do the same.

The issue I have is that the media focuses exclusively on the looters without telling us what the revolutionaries are doing, it is a smear campaign to hide the fact that police departments have become beyond corrupt.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Well actually I saw and it was reported that the Nation of islam people that were there and 300 black men group were trying to get people off the streets and the police were in instances deferring to them.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Agree, the worst is that the mayor knew what was going to happen and that the students from the high schools were going to walk out, they should have lock down the schools before the students went on a rampage.

Today is thousands of young people in the streets of Baltimore and nobody to control them, at least the churches are trying to do just that with prayers groups and feeding them, in that part of the city most of those young people have really no guidance at all.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I'm guessing it's because wealthy people actually have a job during the day.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Isn't Baltimore a Southern Baptist strong hold?, I think that is the majority of churches in the area and the leaders from those churches are trying to get people together.

I have not hear anything about the Nation of Islam but I will be watching the news to see who leaders are doing the good work.

Anything to help, keep the young people and the city safe.

I will hate to see the younger crowd get hurt.

The gangs are coming now to say that they had nothing to do with the calling against police.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Logic would say thats exactly what most would do to protect their property, and they also have that right. But most bis owners fled as they would just be beaten or firebombed in their property. I saw one store owner dragged out and kicked in the street.. in the Rodney King riots Asians protected their business with Machine guns.. that seemed to work in certain areas.

Many old-time business owners used to live above their stores. So, in those cases, they are not only trying to protect their business, but their homes and families.

If there were no 2nd Amendment protection for them in the U.S. Constitution, they would have not been able to protect themselves, families, and their hard earned businesses. Right here, in front of the population and the world, we see why one aspect of that amendment is there. Without it, we, the innocent population would be subjected to risking our lives due to fear from an unruly group coming with force. That includes both a mob rioting and a government out-of-control.

Yeah, citizens do not need semi-auto rifles and a stock pile of ammunition in this day and age, right. They do so, even more when the police hang back, and ALLOW the rioters some "space" to loot and burn the city down at the orders of the leader of the city. Great plan there mayor. I would like to see what would happen if these roaming mobs of thugs tried that to her home. Also, I did notice the the police had established a "fortress" of men and weapons surrounding the police station to protect it from the thugs. Too bad the local business owners an citizens can't get that same protection from those they pay for that job.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

Well actually I saw and it was reported that the Nation of islam people that were there and 300 black men group were trying to get people off the streets and the police were in instances deferring to them.

I saw that too! I really believe that the citizens want answers not riots. However when the schools let out things got completely out of hand. I'm sure quite a few youngsters saw an opportunity here and started tearing the place. Thats why the police used very little tear gas and rubber bullets, they would just be hurting school kids. They didn't want that all over the news.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Good post. I appreciate that you recognize the difference between legitimate protesters and opportunists; I would only add paid agitators to the list, furthering an unknown agenda.

My heart and prayers are with the people of Baltimore. I understand their pain, their outrage, their fear, their need to do something... I cannot be more angry at people protesting -- even rioting -- against police brutality than I am at the police and justice system that defends and protects that brutality, up to and including murder.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I don't think that is exactly it but okay

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I was watching the news yesterday and they were saying that the nation of islam were the men in the suits. And I guess there respected in the community there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join