It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I travel to another dimension?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm a bit shaken to say the least of something that happened last night. I do have to say that I was very tired last night right before I went to sleep so perhaps that may have contributed to the following experience. I've suffered from Sleep Paralysis for years when I was younger. I always attributed it to the house I was in due to it being haunted. When I moved, my episodes started decreasing. Anyway, the following happened around 2 am last night.

I was in bed sleeping and I started feeling what I can only describe as a "push" on my left side (I sleep face down). It startled me out of sleep because it was pushing quite hard but it was more of a sensation rather than a pair of hands trying to push me. I can only describe it as some kind of force. It startled me out of sleep and it took me a while to get back to sleep. When I finally did, I began falling asleep but only to wake up right at the beginning when you completely knock out. I would open my eyes and then close them back again but then attempt to open them once I was about to fall asleep. This kept going on about 4 or 5 times. Around the 5th time, I decided to open them again but this time, I began hearing some noises outside my room. I could hear my mom and dad arguing and when I got up from bed (it was still dark in my room and I could see myself sleeping), I "floated" outside. That is where in the dark, I could observe my mom and dad arguing. I could also see things happening in the room going on repeat. Such as kids playing. It seemed that every emotion was taking place in that house in the dark.They weren't aware of me, but I was aware of them. It was almost like a record player that was on repeat. I got scared because I did not know why I was seeing this. I went back to my room and laid back down.

It was then that I actually opened my eyes again and woke up. I started thinking to myself, did I just have an OOBE and go into a place where ghosts exists? Has anyone ever experienced something like this before?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

It's called astral projection and it is a real phenomenon (depends who you ask).

Nothing to be frightened of really seeing as you didn't have any trouble finding your way back to your body.

I've had experiences where I end up in a house for instance with people I don't know. I'll sit down and talk to them only to realize at some point that they are people who are already dead & gone.

During one such experience I suddenly stopped everything I was doing and I bluntly stated "you guys are dead aren't you ? you guys are spirits and this is some other plane of existence isn't it ?"

My response from them was a yes with a smile , then I pulled back into my body and woke up.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hi I"ve had a very similar experience before when I was a kid. I too used to get sleep paralysis frequently all my life. I still get it every now and then, but not nearly as much. Well when I was a kid, not yet a teen, but close, I woke up from a dream that had a few false awakenings. False awakenings are when you think you wake up, but you shortly realize you're still dreaming. Anyways. I ended up being tossed somehow, or at least that's how it felt, and ended up in the parking lot of the local grocery store. It seemed so real that it confused the heck out of me because I had no idea how I had ended up there, and everything looked a little off, I'm not quite sure how, but it was as if I was in my own little space.
Well when I realized I was still dreaming I woke up in my room and walked over to the restroom where my mom was drying here hair before work. I saw my dad walk by in his scrubs getting ready to leave for work. When I tried to talk to them they both ignored me as if I wasn't there. I got a little frustrated and somehow that jolted me to my room floating above my bad staring at my body which happened to still be in bed somehow. At that moment I had a falling sensation then woke up. I think that realm, is a purely mental/spiritual realm that is a layer of reality that we normally don't notice.
edit on 28-4-2015 by Voyaging because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

I thought that it may have been that as well. I have had two other experiences before (more than 15 years ago) but the only difference between this one and those have been that although they took place right after a SP attack, this one didn't feel like a SP attack. I am glad that it didn't because the noises I hear and the fact that I cannot move make it even that more scarier. It seems that when I sleep on my back, is when it gets triggered. Maybe laying on my side/stomach is what made this one feel more different in terms of how it came about.

It was just creepy seeing my parents arguing. I can imagine its residual energy from the occasional arguing (they are still alive, btw)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
you definitely had an astral projection. I have had over 300 astral projection and can almost induce them at will through meditation. I meditate myself into sleep paralysis and when my body is paralyzed my astral body is free to exit.

This is exactly what happened to you. Sleep paralysis is not an attack. The reason it happens when your laying on your back most of the time is because both hemispheres of your brain are more balanced than when laying on your side.

98% of the time I astral project, I am laying on my back. The first time i had an astral projection it felt just like you described, except i was trying to do it on purpose and it only lasted 3 seconds.

Basically what is happening is your physical body is super tired. You lay down to go to sleep and your body is so tired and relaxed you lose awareness of it. Your consciousness starts to connect to your electromagnetic astral body while you lose complete control of your physical body. This happens every night when you go to sleep, you are just conscious of it happening during an OBE. Being fully conscious while your physical body is disconnected is sleep paralysis, this is the state of mind you need to have an OBE. The difference is moving your mind. You don't quite move like you do in the physical, you need to make a mental motion like you did, like flying out without moving your limbs. I usually try to levitate 4 of 5 feet away from my body before trying to move my limbs, this is so i don't move my physical limbs and snap out of the trance.

Now that you know the feeling it should be a lot easier to astral project out of the sleep paralysis state for you. Remember don't be scared, it is not an attack, it is the literal expansion of your own mind and you being fully conscious of it happening.

And yes what you experienced was a dimensional shift. I always try to talk to the people in the other realms and find out where I am, if i am on earth, if they know of earth, what kind of spiritual knowledge do they posses, anything that comes to mind.

Congrats on your first astral projection, stick with it, it is a very fun road, much better than being unconscious while you sleep, its like having two lives, one in physical, one in the mental.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Wow. Thank you. I had no idea that it was because of the balance that made it much easier when you are laying on your back. I didn't mention it but I suffered so many episodes (even one after the other) that I was able to induce them as well.

I do have a question, though, is it possible that you can get stuck in that realm and never come back? I suppose that has always been my fear and why I try to fight it when I begin feeling that weird sensation during a SP.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Okay, I will share a wild story. It happened a long time ago, about 45 years ago. I was sitting on the floor in the apartment of one of my friends. There were about 5 of us sitting around, all of us were sitting on the floor, laughing, talking drinking tea and soda. It was about 11 o'clock and in the morning. We had no drugs or alcohol. Just friends enjoying each other's company.

I suddenly realized that there was something wrong with what I was seeing. I was becoming mildly agitated because I couldn't make out what was wrong. It wasn't until I realized that I was looking at myself, that I realized that I was seeing myself, myself and the room from the odd angle of the ceiling's right northwest corner, that I then knew what was wrong.

Crazier still was I didn't feel any fear. I tried everything to try to get myself to look up at the ceiling to see if I would see me. I tried to get the others to look up but they didn't notice me either. I also noticed I didn't have a lot of mobility. I didn't seem to be able to go any further than were I could see my body. After a bit, I grew concerned about how to get back to my body. At that point I could see myself look up like I was seeing something in the corner of my vision, and just like that I was back.

I think about that event on rare occasion. I don't know how or why it happened. I guess I will never know.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Nope just dreaming..

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

So you were fully awake and NOT sleeping? There have been times I've felt "detached" from situations. It feels like I'm there but not really there and looking at things from a distant point of view, but not literally distant. I dont know if that makes sense.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Yes. Completely wake and engaged. I had two other similar events but those two were related to a trauma. This one happened long before, when I was young, happy, and still believed that the world was my oyster.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I used to experience false awakenings quite often and I still do, sometimes. They are accompanied by disability to make any noise where actually I feel like shouting in the dream. I will be mute and struggle very much to communicate. I cant even explain it is pretty scary. But this usually happens when I sleep on my back. Some say sleeping on back brings bad dreams , so try sleeping on your left side, may be ? It has helped me a lot.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I've actually had the experience of being pulled OUT of my bed and falling on the floor, with the blanket wrapped all around me during sleep paralysis. The feeling "they" are coming is also usually present. I know they're really not though.

These days I have fun with it and "fight it" and play around with the pushing/pulling sensations. One time I was able to leave my body, but I found standing/walking VERY difficult. Everything was also in black and white (I normally dream in color). I had a celling fan with lights, and no matter how many times I pulled the chain, it would't turn on.

I eventually just collapsed on the floor in front of my bed, everything went black and I woke up back in my bed. I can't quite say I remember seeing myself laying in bed, as I was trying to stumble across the bedroom to where the chain for the light/fan was.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

That "detached" feeling you get could be cause by a minor depersonalization syndrome. I myself suffer from the same type of thing and have had experiences where I am fully awake and aware of the situation but I am literally watching myself go through the motions in like a third person view...it can be very scary at times

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondtheskys

I briefly read about that somewhere, but didn't quite follow up on it. Is it something that could potentially get worse? I didn't start feeling like that till about a good 4 years ago. First time I felt it, it was very weird. I like being in control of situations but with this, it is impossible to feel like I am. I feel detached and seem to just stare off cause I feel like i'm not truly there.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: barelyusual

That is what I do now, sleep on my side or stomach. If it sleep on my back, I can guarantee either a nightmare OR SP attack.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It honestly depends on the person, for some people it can get worse or just stay the same. If it starts to become more frequent than I would go seek help and I know what you mean it is a very strange feeling lol

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

No you can't get stuck in that dimension. You will eventually wake up when your ready too. I thought i was stuck one time actually. I was projecting and i was ready to wake up and get on with my daily activities. I decided to snap out of it but i woke up in my same room but it was still a dream. So i tried to wake up again, again woke up in the same room and someone was there messing with my stuff, i knew it was a dream still so i woke up again, same room different situation different dream. They are called false awakenings, that particular time i had probably 12 and I thought i was never going to be able to wake up. I finally did wake up but it was scary for me at the time.

But don't worry you will always wake up eventually.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Next time bring a towel.

I had similar experiences, but I must confess I was usually too terrified to have any fun during such said experiences.

One time I had an OOBE and two beings took me for a ride around the tower in which my body was laying. I was something like 3 years old, so flying twenty feet or so from the ground got me slightly upset. Then the beings gently put me back inside my crib and I became fully awake.

I never forgot this experience. The feeling of flying through the air, gliding effortlessly in the wind.

edit on 2-5-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

top topics

join