It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Iran Forces Seize US Cargo Ship With 34 People On Board

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
The ship was from Marshall Islands

Pentagon: Iran seizes Marshall Islands-flagged ship, US destroyer on standby
rt.com...

(post by peck420 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Pentagon: Iran seizes Marshall Islands-flagged ship, US destroyer on standby
rt.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
I am hearing that this is a PORT STATE CONTROL situation.

So - let me explain,

What this means is that the vessel was transiting in IRANIAN waters (WITH permission) and just like what Australia , and every other (non land-locked) country does is they have the right, under IMO (UN mandated international law) to inspect a vessel and insure it complies with that countries minimum Maritime requirements but more importantly SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) and MLC (Maritime Labour Convention) compliance, class (certification body) and flag state (registration body).

Ie - do they carry the required # of lifejackets, will the lifeboat actually launch in an emergency, are the guys being fed and paid correctly and I can go on an on for pages.

No different to being pulled over in your caarr and the cops wanting to make sure no illegal mods etc etc.

Standby for verification...........its 0230hrs now here in Perth (Aus) so might nott be till morning.

Cheers for all the PM guys - very much appreciated.

Thank you very much!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: TechniXcality

a reply to: haman10

Your both as bad as each other.

Stop with the dick waving and kiss and make up

I refuse to kiss this man, but you know our is bigger than theirs. And that's all that needs to be said.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: yuppa

So...per your own words...under the only applicable treaty (Geneva Convention on the Territorial Sea and Contiguous Zone), the 21 mile width is not covered by the 24 nm contiguous zone. Therefore not passable without the expressed consent of the country of ownership.

Anything else, or did that just sum it up?

Glad we cleared that all up.

Not for a strait.

There shall be no suspension of the innocent passage of foreign ships through straits which are
used for international navigation between one part of the high seas and another part of the high seas or
the territorial sea of a foreign State.

Oman covers most of the strait as well:

3.Where the coasts of two States are opposite or adjacent to each other, neither of the two States
is entitled, failing agreement between them to the contrary, to extend its contiguous zone beyond the
median line every point of which is equidistant from the nearest points on the baselines from which the
breadth of the territorial seas of the two States is measured.

legal.un.org... entions/8_1_1958_territorial_sea.pdf

Iran's claims to the straits of Hormuz are, and always have been, in contradiction with international maritime law.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I never mentioned anything about the treaty nor said a country couldn't follow the rules of one without being a signatory. I pointed out an USN operational fact.

Nor did I say I was okay with any of this, I said what we have done. You assume incorrectly as I actually, in fact, unsuccessfully protested against certain actions to top brass, with other brass by my side. Freedom of navigation operations is one thing, deceptive measures to gauge reaction to Iran when they realize a carrier slipped in or out without their knowledge is another.

And, in other areas, was successful in calming fears and fallacies of Iranian operations.
edit on 4/28/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/28/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: TechniXcality

Your both as bad as each other.

Stop with the dick waving and kiss and make up

I refuse to kiss this man, but you know our is bigger than theirs. And that's all that needs to be said.
What can i say about the maturity level of some few members . nothing .

and yet you claimed you're 27 .

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

The US cannot attack without proper motivation though. Iran has not presented a incident big enough to cause a military reaction. Since the US is a member of the UN we cannot go out and Attack Iran without a very good reason. THAT is the reason WHy the US has not attacked them yet. Or maybe never will If they keep behaving.

What i posted is a STRATEGY to cripple IRAN in the EVENT of a WAR. Not just empty rhetoric or propaganda. And Dear im nearly 40 years old. Lol!!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I was being satrical.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

Yea Yea, you want to know something I learned Haman everyone's tough until they're not.

yea yea . try again when you ruled the world for a thousand year .

en.wikipedia.org...

"The history of Iran, commonly also known as Persia in the Western world, is intertwined with the history of a larger region, also known as Greater Iran, comprising the area from Anatolia and Egypt in the west to the borders of Ancient India and Syr Darya in the east, and from the Caucasus and the Eurasian Steppe in the north to the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman in the south.

Iran is home to one of the world's oldest continuous major civilizations, with historical and urban settlements dating back to 4000 BC.[1]Hegel names the Persians as the first Historical People."

UM your wrong again Iran has been kicked around by its neighbors since the start.Ffirst Assyrians came in and took over they were from Mesopotamia. Than fighting back and forth between cities as they grouped together to kick them out. Babylon PersiansScythians and the Cimmerians. Than comes on Alexander the Great again that area wss conquered. Than just diffrent empires took over after until finally the the Sasanian Empire takes over. They fight with the Romans foe hundreds of years. But all the fighting weakened them so than came the invading Islamic armies once again they lose. And there's still more to come but I'll stop. because I'm curious is that the history the teach you?? Or wad this your opinion see i find it fascinating that if that's what they are teaching they found the need to alter history. Anyway back to the thread.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I was being satrical.
satirical you mean ? my bad then dear . i apologize .

The US cannot attack without proper motivation though. Iran has not presented a incident big enough to cause a military reaction. Since the US is a member of the UN we cannot go out and Attack Iran without a very good reason. THAT is the reason WHy the US has not attacked them yet. Or maybe never will If they keep behaving.

What i posted is a STRATEGY to cripple IRAN in the EVENT of a WAR. Not just empty rhetoric or propaganda. And Dear im nearly 40 years old. Lol!!

And since when US cares about International regulations ? are your drone strikes in other's countries according to UN resolutions ? did you drop those little boys on japan by the request of international community ?

And heck please don't fool yourself . Iran is the most powerful and most vibrant enemy of US (unfortunately an enemy ) , if they could , they indeed would !!!!

Speaking of strategies , in response Iran can and will destroy All US bases around the region including the one in bahrain . thousands of US soldiers will vaporize . how about that my dear ?

originally posted by: dragonridr

Yea Yea, you want to know something I learned Haman everyone's tough until they're not.

en.wikipedia.org...

"The history of Iran, commonly also known as Persia in the Western world, is intertwined with the history of a larger region, also known as Greater Iran, comprising the area from Anatolia and Egypt in the west to the borders of Ancient India and Syr Darya in the east, and from the Caucasus and the Eurasian Steppe in the north to the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman in the south.

Iran is home to one of the world's oldest continuous major civilizations, with historical and urban settlements dating back to 4000 BC.[1]Hegel names the Persians as the first Historical People."

UM your wrong again Iran has been kicked around by its neighbors since the start.Ffirst Assyrians came in and took over they were from Mesopotamia. Than fighting back and forth between cities as they grouped together to kick them out. Babylon PersiansScythians and the Cimmerians. Than comes on Alexander the Great again that area wss conquered. Than just diffrent empires took over after until finally the the Sasanian Empire takes over. They fight with the Romans foe hundreds of years. But all the fighting weakened them so than came the invading Islamic armies once again they lose. And there's still more to come but I'll stop. because I'm curious is that the history the teach you?? Or wad this your opinion see i find it fascinating that if that's what they are teaching they found the need to alter history. Anyway back to the thread.

I have zero idea what u just said . care to PM me about it my friend ?

edit on 28-4-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm 49, and am just praying that the "powers that be" don't decide to pull off some stupid combination of a "Gulf of Tonkin" incident with all that implies with something from the plot of the movie "Countdown to Looking Glass". Given the piss poor, greedy, and selfish decision making skills of our current heads of state and corporate ceo's, I am not too optimistic.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

1) Feel free to point out where I claimed that Iran has control over the entire strait. I was quite clear in stating that the Oman side has a declared Transit Passage per UNCLOS.

2)Oman covers precisely 50% of the strait, not most of.

Iran's claims to the straits of Hormuz are, and always have been, in contradiction with international maritime law.

Iran's claim to their half of the strait breeches no law, nor does stopping any ship within it.

When Iran ACTUALLY does something to the entire strait...feel free to call.
edit on 28-4-2015 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
anyone ever noticed that when an event is threatening the control of the corrupt government here in the US (baltimore) crap like this pops up to take the limelight? also funny no one else noticed that, and fell hook line and sinker for a non event.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
rough night . i'm back on my shift in the hospital but before that , i'd like to post this :

pbs.twimg.com...

Love you all and have a pleasant night . As normal citizens we've got nothing to do with this , lets promote peace instead .

edit on 28-4-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I was being satrical.
satirical you mean ? my bad then dear . i apologize .

And since when US cares about International regulations ? are your drone strikes in other's countries according to UN resolutions ? did you drop those little boys on japan by the request of international community ?

And heck please don't fool yourself . Iran is the most powerful and most vibrant enemy of US (unfortunately an enemy ) , if they could , they indeed would !!!!

Speaking of strategies , in response Iran can and will destroy All US bases around the region including the one in bahrain . thousands of US soldiers will vaporize . how about that my dear ?

originally posted by: dragonridr

en.wikipedia.org...

I have zero idea what u just said . care to PM me about it my friend ?

I thought you guys didn't have and didn't want to make nuke weapons?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius after all.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: NavyDoc

1) Feel free to point out where I claimed that Iran has control over the entire strait. I was quite clear in stating that the Oman side has a declared Transit Passage per UNCLOS.

2)Oman covers precisely 50% of the strait, not most of.

Iran's claim to their half of the strait breeches no law, nor does stopping any ship within it.

When Iran ACTUALLY does something to the entire strait...feel free to call.

Actually, they can't stop peaceful passage in their half of the strait either. The law I quoted is very clear. Nice try.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Love you all and have a pleasant night . As normal citizens we've got nothing to do with this , lets promote peace instead .

I wish we had more Americans who represent our country as well as you do yours.

In our defense, I will say we do have many military men, on ATS, both active and inactive, and I can't blame them for anything they believe. They've been there, and we haven't.

Have a nice evening.

edit on 4/28/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join