It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day Orville wept , ventriloquist Keith Harris has died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Regardless of your feelings toward the green duck it must be said that in the world of UK ventriloquist entertainment Keith Harris was the top of the pile in the 80s , with a hit TV show and top 10 single under his belt there must of been very few people in the UK who didn't know who Orville was and who the guy was that made their kids smile , at the height of his fame Keith was even asked by Diana, Princess of Wales to give a private show for William and Harry's 3rd birthday parties .

Keith Harris died after a long on and off battle with cancer.

He continued to appear in pantomime and holiday camps, but was diagnosed with cancer of the spleen in 2013.
After having the spleen removed, he endured four months of chemotherapy and was given the all-clear, allowing him to return to the stage.
But last summer, he told an audience in Great Yarmouth the illness had returned and he needed further treatment. He was moved to tears when they gave him a standing ovation.
The entertainer leaves behind his fourth wife Sarah, and his children Kitty and Shenton; as well as a daughter, Skye, from his first marriage to singer Jacqui Scott and his mother Lila and brother Colin.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Rest in Peace Keith.

edit on 28-4-2015 by gortex because: There's always one spelling mistake !

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Oh man Iam gutted such a part of my childhood.

Orville must live on !!!.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Very sad news, he always seemed like a nice chap too. Hopefully he was!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74 I went to See Keith harris and Orville live in my home Town. A great double act. Poor Orville. I bet he's cwyin
edit on 28-4-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Or happy he hasn't got an arm up his bum...
Thing is he is an amazing ventriloquist.
Oh noes what about Cuddles?.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yes Orville must be feeling empty now

Loved him as a kid

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Thing is he is an amazing ventriloquist.
Oh noes what about Cuddles?.

I hate that duck.......

Cuddles was my favourite....or Spit the Dog but that was Bob Carolgees so that would be different thread!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I hate that duck.......

Geez ... Now you have gone and hurt Orvilles feelings ... Is it not bad enough that he just lost his Daddy

edit on 29-4-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
a reply to: Flavian

I hate that duck.......

Geez ... Now you have gone and hurt Orvilles feelings ... Is it not bad enough that he just lost his Daddy

That's what Cuddles used to say every time he saw Orville. And i am definitely Team Cuddles.......bloody duck..........

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Sad about Keith Harris departing the planet so expeditiously to that nightmarish, incurable disease.

Not so sad that the comedy turn known as Keith Harris and Orville has finally been consigned to the recycle bin of cheapo, end-of-pier, forgettable, crappo British ventriloquist acts.

Must have been a lovely thing to witness on children's wards, hospices and so on.

But not for one split second did it have any business appearing on national, prime-time TV.

A strange land, Britain is...

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

But not for one split second did it have any business appearing on national, prime-time TV.

Although given a choice between that and the current crop of Saturday evening shows like X Factor , Britain's Got Talent or Strictly I'd take the Keith Harris show.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I thought that was all the rage in Celeb land?

top topics

join