It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I call for the invasion of America

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Don't know if this is a serious statement but it rings true. In the current state of the union, I believe we need to come together as communities and better our own selves to better the whole. This is how we fix our nation imho. We've got to take it on locally. We aren't broke, lets fix it little by little. You want to make a difference, fix "your" community and I've got mine.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

Would the OP's scenario or similar scenario lead to a NWO?

IMHO that is already here because of corporations. They literally are never held responsible and are global entities. Even when a corporation IS held responsible(aka lawsuit), they aren't because they pass that additional cost to you and I, the consumer, therefore NEVER being accountable.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

I think the guam should invade the us, and reinstate tribalism... it's the only solution.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I am leaving, and I shall bloody well take my sense of humour with me!!!

Loved the OP

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK

Whats that? The majority of Americans getting butt hurt that they missed a point and felt stupid after it had to be pointed out? because that's whats happened. A thread to shed light on the hypocrisy has been turned into "well it was a crap joke because it took me half an hour to get it" thread.

This is why English and American can not debate on anything, we have humor and constructive debates, you have guns, the bible and patriotism

Hey, I'm American and I'm pretty darn funny. -- although the squirrels don't laugh much when I spray them with my semi-automatic pellet gun and the preacher generally doesn't laugh when I burp the National Anthem during prayer time.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I think Russia, China and Middle-East countries should intervene and restore democracy and liberty in America. America are abusing their human rights, abusing their people and keeping masses in poverty whilst an elite group of people have turned America into a Plutocracy. We need to support these liberal moderate freedom fighters that are fighting against the American Police & corrupt politicians. Plus you know america has WMD's and at the rate the country is collapsing from inside, it will only be a matter of time before a powerful, dark group use it on another nation or their own people.

Lol

Everyone, let's point and laugh at the troll.

Edit:

It's idiots like you who I don't mind the NSA spying on and making your life difficult through things like no-fly lists.
edit on 29-4-2015 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

I think Russia, China and Middle-East countries should intervene and restore democracy and liberty in America. America are abusing their human rights, abusing their people and keeping masses in poverty whilst an elite group of people have turned America into a Plutocracy. We need to support these liberal moderate freedom fighters that are fighting against the American Police & corrupt politicians. Plus you know america has WMD's and at the rate the country is collapsing from inside, it will only be a matter of time before a powerful, dark group use it on another nation or their own people.

Lol

Everyone, let's point and laugh at the troll.

Edit:

It's idiots like you who I don't mind the NSA spying on and making your life difficult through things like no-fly lists.

How can you even derive to that point, what are you talking about. Every bodies laughing at you because we're 8 pages in and there is still people like you talking #ing tripe. you ad 1 and nothing together and you got 9/11NSA, nob head.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyhow, I just want to say thank you for the contribution to this thread, good or bad. I got a warning for my foul language last night which is understandable. To the man/woman I swore at, I'm sorry but you pissed me off with ignorance towards my post, I apologize.

Thank you for the reaction on the first page, I knew most wouldn't pick up on the humor which is why I did it, but didn't expect some of the of the mean words from long members here who I'v got on with for a while. And thanks for the handful of people who got the joke from the get go and helped me show people it was satire.

have a good day ATS.

edit on 29-4-2015 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I would apologize on behalf of the brainless twits I share the country with who wouldn't know satire & sarcasm if The Onion's entire damn staff moved in with them, but it would be an exercise in futility -- too much cultural stoopid to apologize for in one lifetime.

I got it, before I even finished reading the OP. I found it poignant for satire. Sure it was funny at first glance, but way to cut to the heart of it in an off-the-wall way. Good illustration of America's misguided beliefs, OP, very good job.

As for everyone who went all knee-jerk on the OP without thinking the context through?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
For fccks sake guys, the satire was excellent!!

Quit over analyzing it and just laugh (and smile and sing!)

I must agree. I read this thread at home about 9 hours ago and was going to reply but was running late to get here to work ,

thought I would reply later agreeing with the satire of the OP and now all these hours later after reading the rah rah rah

posts of my fellow americans I am so embarrassed. Besides blind patriotism , ego is the biggest problem we have on

this side of the pond.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

It is actually pretty good satire. I will admit at first I thought is was some crazy ramblings mainly because I am American and never considered the possibility of a more militaristic ly powerful nation invading using the excuse that it is for our own good.

I am sure that is in part also why almost every non-American got the satire right away.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Here are some lessons on satire OP. While you think you did so well, you actually failed. What your OP actually gave credence to was the VALIDITY of the US with its police actions. I dont think that was the point now was it?

When bad satire is served up as a thin veil for hate
reappropriate.co...

Understanding Satire
literary-exploration.com...

Poe's law
en.wikipedia.org...

You missed the mark bud, I dont care what everyone else says. They like calling Americans dumb for not getting it or like feeling superior to Americans while pretending they got it.

Your OP actually would qualify for defending the invasions by the US....which is retarded.

You need to work on your delivery. And its funny. EVERYONE saluting the OP as good satire looks like an idiot for not understanding the basic principles of satire.

You should have used an example like Norway or Canada. THAT would be genuine satire shaming the US for trying to "liberate" less "free" countries. Using examples like China is actually giving credence that the US did actually free someone.

SO yeah, you think like others think that they look smart, but to people who actually read and enjoy satire, you all look like idiots when you scold us for "not getting it".

Its poorly written, and that is not the problem since satire is probably the hardest form of comedy, Its your attitude dealing with criticism, which is ironic and funny in and of itself.

You think people who write satire for a living have a problem with people "not getting it". Not really. Good satire is evident and is powerful because of that. You had half the people not even understand what you were getting at since you basically defended the US in its foreign policy towards places it dominates militarily, since compared to China invading them, they look free as hell....even though we know thats not the case.

So yeah. Keep practicing.

And to everyone else, learn to read satire instead of following the heard mentality saluting crap just to look good crapping on others. "you dont get it"...no YOU dont know satire you literary masters.

Comic geniuses over here. But what do I know. I am only a dumb american who just taught you what satire is.

edit on 4 29 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

and you will fall into the hands of the ruling classes and give them an excuse to depopulate.
the only way to fight these families that control our world is to put the politicians on MRI machines which read the brain this would expose the entire system of corruption that has been going on for the last hundred years
if the politicians refuse we then withdraw our tax,
how many people want world peace how many want to go fight and kill other people

your way or war has never worked before so why would it work now you are just proposing slaughtering millions of innocent people because you don't understand how to play this game

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
Thank you, this was next on my ATS to-do list.

ETA: Just learned of Poe's law and I'm pretty sure that is what I stated a couple times in this thread. If only a few are getting it, it is not easily gotten.
edit on 4/29/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Fragile egos so fiercely and energetically defended. If the world could ever efficiently bottle up all the energy expended on the ego protection reflex exhibited on internet forums the worlds energy problems would be solved. I am just musing as I am sure I am just as guilty as the next guy in this regard , but boy is it ever an exasperating folly.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: savagediver
Not everyone had their egos hurt, and not everyone in disagreement with the OP and others about understanding the OP was intended to be satire had their egos hurt.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
Here are some lessons on satire OP. While you think you did so well, you actually failed. What your OP actually gave credence to was the VALIDITY of the US with its police actions. I dont think that was the point now was it?

When bad satire is served up as a thin veil for hate
reappropriate.co...

Understanding Satire
literary-exploration.com...

Poe's law
en.wikipedia.org...

You missed the mark bud, I dont care what everyone else says. They like calling Americans dumb for not getting it or like feeling superior to Americans while pretending they got it.

Your OP actually would qualify for defending the invasions by the US....which is retarded.

You need to work on your delivery. And its funny. EVERYONE saluting the OP as good satire looks like an idiot for not understanding the basic principles of satire.

You should have used an example like Norway or Canada. THAT would be genuine satire shaming the US for trying to "liberate" less "free" countries. Using examples like China is actually giving credence that the US did actually free someone.

SO yeah, you think like others think that they look smart, but to people who actually read and enjoy satire, you all look like idiots when you scold us for "not getting it".

Its poorly written, and that is not the problem since satire is probably the hardest form of comedy, Its your attitude dealing with criticism, which is ironic and funny in and of itself.

You think people who write satire for a living have a problem with people "not getting it". Not really. Good satire is evident and is powerful because of that. You had half the people not even understand what you were getting at since you basically defended the US in its foreign policy towards places it dominates militarily, since compared to China invading them, they look free as hell....even though we know thats not the case.

So yeah. Keep practicing.

And to everyone else, learn to read satire instead of following the heard mentality saluting crap just to look good crapping on others. "you dont get it"...no YOU dont know satire you literary masters.

Comic geniuses over here. But what do I know. I am only a dumb american who just taught you what satire is.

the following is from your own link.

First of all, while satire can be funny, humour is not the essential component. The main purpose of satire (in a literary sense) is to offer a constructive social criticism or to shame society into improving. Using wit, irony and sometimes sarcasm to put a spotlight on issues the author feels need to be looked at

I'm not arguing with you, its a matter of perspective as I'v said 4 times now. I used wit, criticism and shed spotlight on the double standards. It worked, my satire post worked. I don't need a 101 course on #ing satire mate.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

No you do.

If your intention was to leave people confused , then it did work.

If you want to use satire it has to be clear satire. THATS the power of it. What you did was make half of the people think you meant it, and the other half think you were defending the US......

Satire is hard, and you failed at it.

Sorry. DEAL WITH IT: You arent a comic genius. We arent daft for not getting it. IT WAS POORLY written.

Have you ever read good satire you didnt see for its obvious nature? No the power is in SHOWING the absurdity. THATS the power.

Keep practicing you literary mastermind. If not your like every other hack who writes something on the internet HE THINKS is witty and awesome, calls it "satire" and masturbates his mind and ego.

You ABSOLUTELY need a schooling on satire. THIS is not satire. Its poorly written comic crap.

also learn to accept criticism. If people cant tell its satire by its obvious nature that makes you think....then its poorly written. NO ONE thought about your message. You had to outright say it because you wrote it like crap.

THATS your intention? That was your goal you think worked? Where in hell have you seen satire written like that? OH, you think you are soo damned smart and the world is daft? Please. Get over yourself. Learn to read and write satire you ego maniac.

You defended the US for crying out loud. Compared to China invading places, when the US does it it looks like they actually freed someone. What a piece of crap.

AND I wouldnt have to drive it home if you werent so full of yourself. A little more humble and honest.

"I wrote excellent satire" HAR HAR HAR-----"they are just dumb."

from my link

Just stop. You clearly suck at this.

Satire is not a free pass to be a racist (or homophobic; or misogynistic; or ableist; or generic) dick. Satire is not a safeguard from your own asshole-ish tendencies. Satire isn’t a magic word that suddenly transforms unskilled and cliched writing into awe-inspiring, witty comedy.

If you have to tell your audience it’s satire, it’s not satire. It’s just bad.

So, just stop. Stop using the word “satire” as a thin shield for your own #ed-up sensibilities.

And, while you’re at, stop making my people the butt of your hatespeech masquerading as “jokes”. It’s not that I have no sense of humour; it’s that you’re just not funny.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Just to be clear OP

I would have AGREED with you. The US is grossly and unjustly ruled by a corrupt government and has NO BUSINESS in invading other countries under the guise of "freedom".

You should have used an example like Canada or New Zealand where the IRONY would have rang true in them invading the US because they are more free and democratic than the US.

Using a traditional rival like Russia or China just for the sake of it shows your lack of understanding as far as what is satire. Its not about rubbing peoples face in dog poo. Its about highlighting a truth and showcasing it under the guise of absurdity.

Do you think "a modest proposal" had people think the author was serious? No. MOSTLY NO. Only the most sadistic would have thought such, just like only the most sadistic look at 1984 and see a manual instead of a satirical work.

In a modest proposal the HUNGER of the Irish is showcased and is carried through each word in the absurdity of feeding people their own babies.

The US COULD be invaded by Russia or China being that they are their traditional rivals. It is NOT absurd.

The US can NOT be invaded by Canada or Norway, THAT is absurd and would have been SATIRICAL if used. It would showcase real freedom and the hypocrisy of invading for the promise of "freedom" that is ever so lacking at home.....

I WOULD HAVE LAUGHED if it was written well. I happen to LOVE satire....but I wont applaud poor literary effort. I read allot and highly value literary talent. Had you been more humble people would have pointed out your OPs flaws with constructive criticism in mind. Calling people dumb just because you cant write is F off offensive.

I am not a US fan boy. I am a fan boy for good satire and writing.

So keep practicing. If you doubt me, take this to an literature teacher and bring up my points and ask them what they think.
SATIRE is obvious and as such powerful.

You did not give a wink or nod, or use exaggeration grounded in absurdity to transform this into satire. (PRIMORDIAL in satire) You sacrificed your message for a chance to take a cheap shot at the US. (China and Russia as examples would not piss off Americans in concept but would make you look like you are defending them. If you didnt notice there is allot of propaganda by them justifying their behavior using the US as a stepping board showcasing its flaws as justification for similar abuses), you had a good point but should have stuck to the US being invaded for freedom, instead of further muddying the waters with cheap shots about WMDs and what not. You could have used that if you worded it differently but you sacrificed your message just to include that. Like I said before, satire isnt about rubbing your "opponents" face in isht. Its about highlighting an issue with absurdity in hopes of changing minds and hearts. Thats the power of the daily show or the colbert report. It changes peoples minds through humor but by highlighting serious issues.

ALSO, people who agree with him and as such applaud poorly written material...(puke on you)

You can agree with the intended message, but considering it was more cheap shots at the US, and THAT is what you thought the message was says allot...., BUT to offer up amateurish crap as "good" cheapens the work of people who write satire (hardest form of literature) and makes their efforts worth not. You agree with zinging the intended target or the EXPLAINED message so you pretend it made sense. Learn what satire is. ALSO, you looked like idiots by scolding people who called him on it. YOU LOOK DUMB.

People did not take issue with the OP being critical of the US, if you noticed the first posts and MANY throughout, the issue taken is about it being poorly written.

"har har, the US if full of morons, OR I apologize for our morons"....while you look like asses for defending horribly written material .

PLEASE. READ.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I agree........with Chocolate.

I love the good ole' USA but seriously........your chocolate is c*!#

We need a colonial reinvasion with chocolate, it's for your own good. Honestly.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I think the OP is feeling the same sort of frustration that most Americans are feeling. Our society is changing. Those who don't want that change are doing everything they can to at least slow down that transition. History shows us that those who try to stop the evolution of society get left behind. Although the ugliness of our groth as a society is painful to watch/experience, in the end the changes that are inevitable will be beneficial for most Americans, otherwise those changes wouldn't occurr at all. Just an opinion.

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join