It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I call for the invasion of America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Good job OP.

Too bad there's so much anger that the point is missed entirely.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

Well played OP! I always love the WHOOOSH sound of satire going over people's heads.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin
You must be one of those Americans with an "arsenal of weapons" (gun collection) and "thousand of rounds of ammunition" (barely adequate supply).

There is one way I know that anyone can personally confirm this to be true or not.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

No we get it....its just NOT ironic or funny or even a good analogy.

While the US is flawed and does setup puppet governments....THOSE governments have the same international oversight as the US, which is nothing to bat an eye at, DO set up progressive ideals like women`s rights and DO establish a more fair system...even if under a puppet government.

What does that even mean for the average person? A puppet government? WHO CARES? IF we invaded Russia, Gay people would not be persecuted, people wouldnt get arrested for twerking and could hand out fliers that were not state approved.

If Russia had not switched sides after invading Poland with Nazi Germany we WOULD have invaded them. Maybe we should have.

As far as the middle east.....once or IF the fighting stops women will be driving, voting, dressing how they want, doing with their bodies what they want, and marrying whom they want. thats just one aspect of what will change....THAT is a little better. Will the fighting stop? Thats up to them.

SO the Irony would be there if the OP CHOSE countries that were a little more free and democratic. It would make sense if the US WASNT a bastion for democracy and free speech, womens rights and open acceptance of religious ideals. EVEN with the government we have these things are still true. SO BITCH AWAY...just make sure you have an argument to stand on.

Is our government true and noble? NO. Does that change your daily life? Not really. You can sit here and call for the invasion of the US and not have state police knocking at your door. You can criticize your local and national leaders and go have a beer afterwards. You can move to a state where your mentality is shared and where the central government doesnt have absolute rule. You can marry the same sex now and are legally protected from discrimination...You can have sex, abort the baby, or have it, get public assistance for school, living expenses, and other considerations. You wont starve in the US. You wont have such a TERRIBLE time finding A JOB, maybe not the best but tell half of Europe you are worse off when they cant even get jobs as waiters.

So what ever. Feel enlightened while missing your own point entirely.

The US has problems but isnt WORSE than China, Russia, and ESPECIALLY the ME.

Please. Its retarded.

Make an adult analysis of the US and be honest if you are SOO concerned..... If not you are what you are.

edit on 4 28 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Cant tell if trolling or severely incapable of intellectual thought...

No other country has the logistical capability to invade the continental US, nor could they sustain such an invasion. We have the largest standing army in the world, and a lot of those boys ARE at home, not to mention people like me who love and know how to use their guns

I wish someone would invade america lol

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK
I think Russia, China and Middle-East countries should intervene and restore democracy and liberty in America. America are abusing their human rights, abusing their people and keeping masses in poverty whilst an elite group of people have turned America into a Plutocracy. We need to support these liberal moderate freedom fighters that are fighting against the American Police & corrupt politicians. Plus you know america has WMD's and at the rate the country is collapsing from inside, it will only be a matter of time before a powerful, dark group use it on another nation or their own people.

Um in those countries there is no democracy and in one of them women aren't allowed to drive and get stoned to death. This is an absurd post.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

You need to ctfo.

Leave the thread, take your 50 flags, guns and bible with you.

it was a #ing joke.

But if you want to get funny mate, America isn't so #ing great and to believe the American dream, you need to be #ing sleeping.

The post was a satire way of pointing out the double standards, hypocrisy that your country holds.

My country, England is the same, but we don't have a police force that's shooting 3 innocent people every #ing day.

You love your country so munch, the spunk from the pop shots are #ing up your eyes.

Your country and the majority of the people in it, go to war and kill hundreds of thousands of people on the same principles which it cant uphold in its own #ing country.

that's the point. which clearly you #ing missed.

congratulations on winding me up, somebody close this thread which has shown how #ing stupidly patriotic some members of this site are.

edit on 28-4-2015 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Wow, the one telling me to calm the F down is rabid,,,lol

Well I stand by my post, this is a retarded comparison, poorly thought out and just wrong,

Hypocrisy? Like pretending you have it so hard and are oppressed like the US was Nazi germany while enjoying freedom ofspeech to criticize us?

Lol

YOU relax, your hatred of the US makes your balls shrink, DONT look in a mirror, its like a winter swim down there,

If you can contest my points please do, if not keep reveling in our shootings and loss of life little man, Oooh the US is so much worse than,,,,,no we are not, we are a standard western nation sparky, grow up

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I call for the invasion of America

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Wow, the one telling me to calm the F down is rabid,,,lol

Well I stand by my post, this is a retarded comparison, poorly thought out and just wrong,

Hypocrisy? Like pretending you have it so hard and are oppressed like the US was Nazi germany while enjoying freedom ofspeech to criticize us?

Lol

YOU relax, your hatred of the US makes your balls shrink, DONT look in a mirror, its like a winter swim down there,

If you can contest my points please do, if not keep reveling in our shootings and loss of life little man, Oooh the US is so much worse than,,,,,no we are not, we are a standard western nation sparky, grow up

I said two things in the OP: human rights and the level between rich and poor.

You took my joke post and added # to it that you manifested in your own head mate.

I like America, but the way your police are shooting up everybody makes me think you're all #ed.

The post was satire, humor. you can't take it as that because of some weird #ing reason.

God forbid you ever come to england, you would run home crying because our humor would go way over your head and you woul take it personal, like the majority of Americans on this thread

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I got it, lol, but then I'm a Brit too......

nOOb, wanna meet up at the Chemic Tavern over in Woodhouse (if it's still open) and discuss battle strategy? It can be the headquarters.

I say we take the Mexican border and work north, once the harder southern states are out of the way (the Chinese should be able to manage Texas on their own), the north should be a breeze.....I reckon Washington will fall within a week and we can burn down the Whitehouse again for old times sake....

Cracking thread, gave me a right old laugh.
edit on 28/4/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

A) Most people shouldn't be waiters & restaurants only need X number of servers on payroll at any given time. Is Walmart in Europe? Walmarts always hiring.

B) Just because the U.S. isnt in full blown police state mode doesn't mean it isn't right around the corner.

I feel like you might just be having a bad day, need a hug?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

What are you talking about???

Mexico has been in on it since the beginning

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FaceMyBook

Na I am fine. I am not angry or fearing a police state. All the contrary. But if you want to hug me please do. I like hugs.

I have grown up past fear driven drivel. The police state in the US is the excuse of first world problem sufferers trying to find validity in their perceived struggle. Like suburban kids who emulate ghetto culture in an effort to validate themselves. Dont forget the struggle, dont forget the streets right?

Yeah, we have it SOOO hard in the US. I cant even.......

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

You are insane.

You would have LESS democratic countries invade us to establish MORE democracy?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes and then you can ask them to leave politely right?

That is one of the most retarded things I have ever read. I almost want to place it in my signature area to NEVER forget it. I always need to wreck myself laughing.

Yeah I get it too. Its a RETARDED analogy. Sorry.....
........not funny.

Are you common-core educated or something???

It was a DELIBERATELY absurd suggestion in order to demonstrate a point. You are judging as if the guy was suggesting something serious.

Furthermore using words like "insane" and "RETARDED" only further exemplifies you own ignorance of how media and foreign policy work hand-in-hand. Such words would be better applied to your mirror.

Since you clearly did not understand it at all, let me explain it for you:

Media in any country can take current events in other nations (such as the Baltimore riots) and spin it very easily to make it look like a nation in CHAOS! That's EXACTLY what western media did in Libya. I realize that not many people have seen the actual images, but the protests and uprisings in Libya were not much different to the current wave of problems in the US.

The media just simply sold you (and most of the rest of us) on a false pretense that Libya was in total tatters and they hated Gaddafis guts. How many people support Obama currently? It's honestly amazing how many Americans have their heads up their rears concerning how easy it is to misrepresent things like this. Lets take the Obama comparison for a moment and imagine if a foreign military assisted certain members of the US population, do you think any Americans would drag the president through the streets, jeering and kicking him the way they did Gaddafi?? You're a fool if you think those people do not exist in any country. There are always people who want to see everything burn, just because they love the idea of Anarchy. Do your own research about Gaddafi, or the GENUINE chaos his nation has descended into after we "FREED THE CRAP OUT OF THEM!!"

Have you ever spent any time outide the USA and turned on a news station?!?!?!

I have watched the news in over 20 countries and guess what? The USA is often portrayed exactly the way we portray Russia, or the London riots, or indeed, Libya.

The insane or ignorant one here is not the OP. Every nations government is aware of exactly the same phenomenon. It was actually pretty funny to watch Obama complain about it today concerning the repeated videos of Baltimore burning
edit on 28-4-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

You callin me a wigger!?!

Imo, the global economy will collapse, & there will be some sort of invasion, somewhere.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

All the contrary. I LOVE English humor. Except that isnt humor. Its a political statement. Political satire can be VERY dry, but it is only funny if its true.

This analogy is not true. If you had chosen a REAL place that was more free and democratic (which do exist) to invade the US to liberate us then maybe I could get behind it. It was a badly told joke. Hence its not funny. For us to enjoy it, it has to have some relevance AND be correct.

You keep knocking on Americans. I doubt you really like us. What the hell do you care about our police shootings? Stop acting like you have these noble altruistic intentions when all you try to do is crap on us.

The OP made a poorly made analogy with little actual relevance hence little to learn or laugh at.

Like I said to the other poster:
Westerners like to pretend like they have it SOO hard and are soo oppressed. Like the US is a monster and its people are squabbling peasants not allowed to sneeze in public. Same for the UK. We live like kings and are raised like spoiled brats. Our perceived "struggle" is BS. No one starves in our countries. There arent mass arrests. There arent state sponsored gag orders. There isnt third world conditions we can use to validate ourselves among comrades.

Are there flaws? sure. Is it like Mexico or Guatemala or something. PLEASE. No. Grow up.

I have been living in Mexico for a while now. THEY have a police state, and suffer under real crap. They get shot up and die daily. What do they do? Thank Christ for the little things and go on with their lives. We seem like retarded children having hissy fits next to people with real problems.

I spent a week without running water for christs sake. That is common here. A bus was robbed at gun point in broad daylight the other day....the cops? In on it. Some guy spoke up about it and is now missing.

Bite me if I dont accept your struggle as being REAL. the US is a standard western nation. We have it GREAT considering. Same in the Uk.

Thank god your lights do go out, your cops cant legally torture you and make you disappear, you have running water both hot and cold, have medical care and can bitch all you want about leaders and political parties you dont like.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FaceMyBook

I keep hearing that....it could collapse tomorrow and we would just replace it in a week.

There is ALWAYS an invasion somewhere. If you study history, there has not been a SINGLE DAY of peace on earth. There is ALWAYS a war and an invasion. Its called human nature and the world we live in. Welcome.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Like I explained, it was a badly told joke.

here let me tell it for you CORRECTLY:

"Scandinavia should invade the US to liberate its people from its totalitarian government. A coalition should be made with Norway, Sweden, Iceland, and Denmark with the help of New Zealand to send troops and aid to bring freedom and democracy to the US and its impoverished citizens."

GET IT, because they are more free and are more wealthy than US citizens....Hardy har har....

The way the joke was told is actually bringing the COUNTER argument to what you guys say the "joke" is about.

God, learn to tell your own jokes and what your own point is before you try and call people dense for "not getting it".

"you dont get it" is what bad joke tellers say....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join