It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I call for the invasion of America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: socketdude

Shhhhh just go with it....

*Pinches Socketdudes booty*

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
WOW, every reply so far is clueless to the obvious analogy here????

noobUK, let me apologize for the ignorance of foreign policy and blindness to irony of my fellow Americans. We are not all so unenlightened.

Its ok mate, I've been here a while and more than expected it lol

edit on 28-4-2015 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: socketdude
Yeah pretty funny the way *nearly* all the americans missed the point of the OP completely.

They were too busy being patriotic, chanting "USA!! USA!!" whilst patting each others butts and high-fiving to get the point.

EDIT: added "nearly"

Or, some Americans made a simple mistake made everyday and misread something, and then made the blunder replying without double-checking ... it happens, one can and should forgive.

On your second point, I have no defence to that, as an American, I hate that too.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Russia, China and the Middle East don't know the meaning of freedom and democracy, you obviously don't know the first thing about these countries!
Besides, it would be hilarious to watch those places try to invade the USA. And if it did get hairy for America, which it wouldn't, NATO would be there to back. In fact forget NATO, the UK, Canada the Aussies and Kiwis wouldn't even need to be asked for help we would anyway, couldn't miss such good target practice.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
If it isn't a man jumping into a thorn bush or saying some nursery joke, the majority of Americans wont laugh.

It was satire, to show how hypocritical the support of your countries atrocities in the middle east are.

Clearly, most didn't get it, which I expected and that's why I posted it

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Perhaps its just not very good satire, ever consider this?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK
Where are you from?

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Oh...The Naivety in some here thinking they're making a point and that others are too ignorant to see it.

The real ignorance comes when those with a false higher opinions of selves mentally masturbate over it

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I got it on first read, but with the stuff spouted on here daily about the evil U.S. and it's citizens you could have been serious. It's hard to tell how people mean what they say. For all I know you could be a complete whack job and want an all out war. That is what I went with. I agree with the OP now that I know you are sane.

Make sense?

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Oh...The Naivety in some here thinking they're making a point and that others are too ignorant to see it.

The real ignorance comes when those with a false higher opinions of selves mentally masturbate over it

Its clear that most didn't so not sure in what your trying to say.

I don't think I'm higher than anybody Slayer, you know my posts are predominantly humorous, so no need for the last comment which I took offence to.

And to the person who asks where I'm from, I'm from England, Leeds, where satire is abundant and gets weirder everyday.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: 8675309jenny

WOW, every reply so far is clueless to the obvious analogy here????

Nothing lost on it here.
I will play the part of the Taliban.

So you want to be government funded right?

Oh, that would be cool.
So far, I fund it.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Don't they say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: biggilo

then it should be easy enough for an educated man, like yourself, to identify in conversation

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

On the behalf of America, we surrender.

Now I would like some chocolate please, and a pair of nylons for the wife.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: biggilo

That quote was CENTURIES before Jackass got on TV.....

I'll take Monty Python any day thanks.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

It reminds me of the anti-gun Jim Jeffries thread. Same thing happened there.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It actually is not that easy to pick up on. As he said, it might not be the greatest satire out there, nor grammar, which does not help in aiding the reader to pick up on sarcasm. The OP has to be read in the right way to pick up on that, and my first reading was not in that way, specifically, your grammar forced my mind to correct that and read it internally as grammatically correct.

That said, if most people are not picking up on it, perhaps it is because it is not so easy to pick up on.

But it is funny once it is picked up on.

edit on 4/28/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: SLAYER69

It reminds me of the anti-gun Jim Jeffries thread. Same thing happened there.

Whats that? The majority of Americans getting butt hurt that they missed a point and felt stupid after it had to be pointed out? because that's whats happened. A thread to shed light on the hypocrisy has been turned into "well it was a crap joke because it took me half an hour to get it" thread.

This is why English and American can not debate on anything, we have humor and constructive debates, you have guns, the bible and patriotism

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join