It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I call for the invasion of America

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

He argued the opposite and had to explain it.

I didn't explain anything once, three people on page one pointed it out and then people replied like, oh yeah. You're just making things up now mate.

Pointless arguments to be fair, its like that #ty gold and blue dress argument - at the end of the day, who gives a # xx

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

I saw the tongue in cheek geo-political message of your OP straight away, then chuckled at those folk who took it seriously.
Perhaps add a clear and full explanatory note at the end in future, for those who struggle with understanding such things.
Lol, amusing thread so nice one...glad you're getting the flak not me haha.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

No, dude. If you have to insist an explanation is necessary, all it means is that you're sorely lacking in comprehension skills. You're acting like you're totally offended not because it's offensive material, but because it's over your head in terms of grasping the intent, like angry little kids do when they don't get the joke. Which it obviously is if you keep coming back to squawk about it being too hard to understand.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

No, dude. If you have to insist an explanation is necessary, all it means is that you're sorely lacking in comprehension skills. You're acting like you're totally offended not because it's offensive material, but because it's over your head in terms of grasping the intent, like angry little kids do when they don't get the joke. Which it obviously is if you keep coming back to squawk about it being too hard to understand.

You see this here? This is the WHOLE point! No more and no less.

Kudos

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK
I didn't explain anything once, three people on page one pointed it out and then people replied like, oh yeah.

In your defence, I can attest to that fact.

originally posted by: Nyiah
No, dude. If you have to insist an explanation is necessary, all it means is that you're sorely lacking in comprehension skills.

In his defence, despite the rudeness, he is actually insisting no explanation should be necessary except to a few.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Mr Bean?

I'm more like a "the Young Ones" guy.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

no dude read anything about satire. You have to give a wink or a nod....thats more than half the humor of it. THATS the power of satire.

Ask people who do it for a living or read it yourself.

I am not offended, thats people reading into what I say imagining a flaming american retard.

I even admitted I agree with the intended message.

Had this NOT been about the US and the piece didnt throw in the mandatory wink then people would not say they "get it"

poes law.

Its a thing for a reason. You are not smarter for "instantly" getting that it had a zinger for the US like you arent dumb if you failed to grasp it.

What ever. I know this guy will try it elsewhere and people will react the same way.

Its like if colbert or john stuart had his game face always like a Rush limbah always and tried to be serious and NEVER give an inclimation of the joke. That would be terrible satire.

You guys have no idea and its funny. You look like idiots trying to explain this away as OUR fault or lack of intellect.

There are literally hundreds of instances where hacks tried their hand at satire and were sent packing just for this.

Everything from racists to macho pigs tried satire and were labled racists and macho pigs because they were terrible at it. Respect the art. Its freaking hard.

edit on 4 29 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Will you ever just give up?

The OP was a satirical comment that was, for me and many other people, quite funny indeed.

You didn't get it. Some didn't get it, a lot did, getting it or not is not the point in defining satire.

If you consider yourself to be the arbiter of satire then that in itself is incredibly ironic.

You didn't get it and you just had a huge knee-jerk reaction and yet, instead of just trying to remedy it you have waged your own little war.

Rather like a mole that has not only no sight, but no sense of direction, you just keep digging your hole deeper and deeper.

There was absolutely no offense meant by the OP in his/her effort here.

As such, it is not us who should be sorry for offending you, but rather you who should be sorry for feeling offended with no cause.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

like I said I am not offended. I am not going to stop the same way others arent.

I speak for MANY people who didnt get it. Then everyone got an air of superiority and called them dumb as if it was their fault it was written like crap.

Can we stop sure, so can you. It was obvious that there was a zinger towards the US. The message was not clear and even you probably didnt get it. You all acted like that guy that laughs at a bad inside joke he doesnt get...

Please. I am not impressed.

You want props for some witty isht? Earn it.

EDIT TO ADD:
You LIARS didnt know if he was criticizing the US police actions, calling for the liberation of the US from its banking and governmental overlords, or if it was saying that China and Russia would be better at offering freedom world wide because compared to the US they are more free or something.

DONT even pretend. Dont say all the above because thats a lie.

edit on 4 29 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

When you say zinger do you mean some form of pointed criticism? I thought a zinger was simply a witty comment. So you agree it was witty?

If so then hey, guess what, you just found out the meaning of satire.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You LIARS didnt know if he was criticizing the US police actions, calling for the liberation of the US from its banking and governmental overlords, or if it was saying that China and Russia would be better at offering freedom world wide because compared to the US they are more free or something.

DONT even pretend. Dont say all the above because thats a lie.
I believed him to be making a comparison with actions of other countries (political mischief etc) in a US setting, provoking such questions for discussion.
It is a pity we appear to be discussing strict definitions of ironic and satirical humour, and not such questions, although I have been amused by the discussion so far.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Welp, thats another one.

Thank god it was about a subject most can get behind, if it was racial satire or gender satire we would be flipping out over our own interpretations of words not well written.

Now you see my point.
And I am done. Flame on.

Op, you do have an eye for satire, keep it up.....just be careful. Had this been about a less popular subject YOU would be getting lynched instead of me

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK
I think Russia, China and Middle-East countries should intervene and restore democracy and liberty in America. America are abusing their human rights, abusing their people and keeping masses in poverty whilst an elite group of people have turned America into a Plutocracy. We need to support these liberal moderate freedom fighters that are fighting against the American Police & corrupt politicians. Plus you know america has WMD's and at the rate the country is collapsing from inside, it will only be a matter of time before a powerful, dark group use it on another nation or their own people.
On-topic, the post does ask particular questions about our apparently greater oppressed neighbours across the Atlantic.

When I read some of the statements of US members about police brutality, killings, racial tensions, riots, soldiers on streets, etc, I compare it to the same kind of scenarios where my own government has attacked foreign regimes under similar narrative.

I hope the liberal-moderate freedom fighters prevail in all nations.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: beezzer
It was just me that was totally scared.
I said, "Eeek' , ran with flailing arms to hide under my bed.
I am still there.

You mean like this?

It is a close approximation. My beak is longer.
edit on b000000302015-04-29T14:04:40-05:0002America/ChicagoWed, 29 Apr 2015 14:04:40 -0500200000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

It is a close approximation. My beak is longer.

Everyone always says their beak is longer.

(roll eyes)

edit on 29-4-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

No truer American alive...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

a reply to: grainofsand

Welp, thats another one.

Thank god it was about a subject most can get behind, if it was racial satire or gender satire we would be flipping out over our own interpretations of words not well written.

Now you see my point.
And I am done. Flame on.

Op, you do have an eye for satire, keep it up.....just be careful. Had this been about a less popular subject YOU would be getting lynched instead of me

Its a subject people get behind because the truth is close to home. My own country is very bias, hypocritical and chooses to turn a blind eye to other nations such as Saudi Arabia, though we stand for human rights all over the world, Saudi Arabia is one of the places where they have the least - Yet the media rarely show anything and our Government go there and have a big parade and celebrations. Its total bull#. Yet Afghanistan and other countries that we have military involvement is in the news every day.

Like in America, your Police are killing innocent people at the rate of 3 a day. Your media is the worst media in the world and it should be illegal to be so manipulative - They blind the real cause, to steer it their way. Like currently with the Baltimore riots, there's a few hundred people rioting but that's all the media show, like broken windows are worse than people having broken spines in police custody. But instead of showing you police brutality in your own country, the divide between rich and poor and the massive institutional racism that is still very alive in America - They'll show you something in a country thousands of miles away that is none of your countries concern and get the public knickers in a twist other something they shouldn't give two #s about

The thread was posted to show that, your government goes to war with other countries on them basis that I shared. Fact. And is very bias given its current condition, the country is broken and its only a matter of time before # really hits the fan in America, and that's scary not just for you lot, but the world. I feel that you need to save you self from your government, or maybe - do it American style and bomb them with democracy bombs.

China/Russia and ME were used because what is all over your media? How bad them countries are with human rights and how bad their leaders are. Yes, some maybe worse but until your country (and mine) gets their # together, who the # are we to point fingers?

This thread was meant to cause an argument, and it did. I just wish we could have talked about the points that I addressed rather than whether or not its satire. You may feel like you have been targeted, but its solely because of how persistent you have been on your opinion. Which I and others respect, but there's only a certain amount of times and angles we can address the same issue mate.

I got called retard, dumb, uneducated and a couple of others but never took offence to them - Not once did I call anybody stupid or dumb, I merely said they didn't understand my attempt at satire - yet I got lynched for their misunderstanding.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Man are you guys behind the times. Canada has been invading for decades. Remember Guy Lombardo's Auld Lang Syne? Canadian. Just showing how far back it goes. Then there's Beiber, Dion, Carrey, Myers, I could go on all day. You even have a politician(Ted Cruz) running for Prez that's Canadian. The invasion is well under way.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You forgot William Shatner.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join