It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I call for the invasion of America

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

Methinks you've pissed a few Americans off!!

edit on 29/4/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Bravo!! I'm having a good chuckle at that, well written and perfectly apt!

Mood: Smeghead - clearly a fan of Red Dwarf. You see, this person gets my humor. Thank you
edit on 29-4-2015 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Even if the OP was serious, how many here would have actually feared the OP invading the US?

Because he posted in on ATS, it has to be authentic?

Do we go to DEFCON 1 and kill our pets to spare them the long drawn-out suffering caused by massive food shortages caused by the war being waged by the OP? (I didn't kill any pets when the OP made the thread but I did soil myself and sob hysterically)

Now I have to deal with a bunker in my front garden and explain to the neighbors why I stole their cars to create a barricade at the end of my street.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
It was just me that was totally scared.
I said, "Eeek' , ran with flailing arms to hide under my bed.
I am still there.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK
I don't want to test it, yous'e didn't get it - I dont care if your trying to justify your none-understanding of it due to what ever. Its a matter of perspective, for the #ing 8th time mate.

For the first time, mate, I responded to your post as I read it to be serious, when pointed it was satire I reread it and was able to get it, confirmed I was did not get it, offered a reason why I did not get it along with a few constructive criticisms, agreed with you earlier perspective played a large part, left the post and that, came back to let tadaman know what he criticized you for was exactly the same in his thread, offered up an idea and got sworn at.

Tell me, did I really deserve that or could you have been more polite and civil about it?
edit on 4/29/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I am still there.

It's okay, you can come out.

If you don't, we'll send in the cats.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I am still there.

It's okay, you can come out.

If you don't, we'll send in the cats.

I just had a heart attack.
Thanks a bunch.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
My post thinking he was serious was not in reaction of fear, or over patriotic fervour, it was a criticism on the logic of the post - when it was taken as serious.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel

originally posted by: n00bUK
I don't want to test it, yous'e didn't get it - I dont care if your trying to justify your none-understanding of it due to what ever. Its a matter of perspective, for the #ing 8th time mate.

For the first time, mate, I responded to your post as I read it to be serious, when pointed it was satire I reread it and was able to get it, confirmed I was did not get it, offered a reason why I did not get it along with a few constructive criticisms, agreed with you earlier perspective played a large part, left the post and that, came back to let tadaman know what he criticized you for was exactly the same in his thread, offered up an idea and got sworn at.

Tell me, did I really deserve that or could you have been more polite and civil about it?

I wholeheartedly apologize, I mistaken your name for somebody else. I really am sorry, I will edit it. I'm sure you can understand the frustration. Sorry buddy

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Well why don't you test your replies to other people on other forums, just to see how they understand you? Sounds like a good idea?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

My post thinking he was serious was not in reaction of fear, or over patriotic fervour, it was a criticism on the logic of the post - when it was taken as serious.

The problem is, even if the OP was serious, what harm could he have actually done?

I'm guilty of this as well but we all take what we, see/read/write/say, too seriously.

It's not as if WWIII is going to be announced on some internet board.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yes, that is true.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: socketdude
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Well why don't you test your replies to other people on other forums, just to see how they understand you? Sounds like a good idea?

Yes

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Apology accepted. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Hey now.....you never know!

It IS the 21st century!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

It IS the 21st century!

You're right.

Apologies.

EVERYONE PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

WTF?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

It IS the 21st century!

WW3 will be tweeted methinks.

Example:

@putinsenormousmuscles
#ww3 is declared on #america by #russia. #manyourbattlestations

reply to@putinsenormousmuscles from @obamacaresalot
All bases to #defcon1. #theruskiesarecomin

edit on 29/4/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I am still there.

You mean like this?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
yeah what ever people. Here is your first clue: if you have to explain it and its not a joke aboit chemistry or rocket science then its probably bad satire, or not at all...

eye of the beholder? are you kidding, its a set writing style like a hycoo, hicu....haiku? whatever

He argued the opposite and had to explain it. Thats not "brilliant" english humor. Making excuses is typical English arrogance.

I have no ill will towards the man or the UK . I take issue with things being made out to great just because they have a zinger.

Let me.guess you guys in the UK love mr bean right? Thats typical english humor? or is he not more popular in the US? Thats the eye of the beholder. His humor is not like say monty python.

Thats the difference. This was NOT satire no matter how much you try to save face...or you know wjat it was, it was BAD satire.

Thats not a big deal since its really hard to write it.

But the other poster was right. Try it else where, if no one gets it....try again and practice. YOU may be wrong.

That would tell you that we arent retarded flag waving idiots here reacting to criticism like you arent unintelligable nitwits that drinks tea until your teeth rot.

lets not be simle minded bigots. The biggest critics of the US are Americans so please, bite me
edit on 4 29 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join