It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Hogan Declares State Of Emergency, Activates National Guard - Baltimore

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: newyr

Yea as vasa was saying that was probably training specific to natural disaster and civil unrest...all NG guys get the standard boot camp reprogramming any other soldier is first introduced to.

The National Guard are not brainless robots lol. They are people who live and work in the state they would be deployed for things like this. My dad was in the Guard during the Chicago riots in 1968 after Martian Luther King was killed. He was Sniper. They were deployed into Chicago during the worst of it but before hand they all as a group discussed what they would do if the order came down to shoot, they all agreed they would not shoot their fellow Americans!

I think the world, as a whole, is a lot more violent than when your dad was in it. Or at least the violence is being "displayed" a lot more....to the extent that it is glorified in both the heroic sense and the gangster sense.

I don't see the NG today having the same answer to the question. With past and current events in other countries, they are not going to stand down. They have trained for or been through war.....this is no different and I can't imagine there will be a differentiation made when it comes down to the order to shoot. If it will stop the violence, a few casualties are going to be acceptable.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

The Commissioner just stated the area is 80 square miles, exponentially larger area than Ferguson.
The 5000 NG is a drop in the bucket, he also stated he has 5000 out of area officers too. The NG will be deployed to hold areas and protect structures, the police will be responding and moving crowds and in front lines. The NG are extra manpower to hold areas once cleared.

They wont be there till tomorrow though, that is when the curfew goes into effect lol. Talk about Democratic ignorance. The Governor should have intervened and stomped on this woman's toes yesterday.

The commissioner stated the NG are there now.

Yes, that Mayor is an example of community organizer without a clue, probably emulating her hero President.

Yea I just seen that and added that to my post. Thankfully this will scare the thugs back into their holes.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

The Commissioner just stated the area is 80 square miles, exponentially larger area than Ferguson.
The 5000 NG is a drop in the bucket, he also stated he has 5000 out of area officers too. The NG will be deployed to hold areas and protect structures, the police will be responding and moving crowds and in front lines. The NG are extra manpower to hold areas once cleared.

They wont be there till tomorrow though, that is when the curfew goes into effect lol. Talk about Democratic ignorance. The Governor should have intervened and stomped on this woman's toes yesterday.

The commissioner stated the NG are there now.

Yes, that Mayor is an example of community organizer without a clue, probably emulating her hero President.

Yea I just seen that and added that to my post. Thankfully this will scare the thugs back into their holes.

Not so sure this will scare them. Seems a very determined crowd. A crowd that has lived in Baltimore a long time and knows how to kill. I think the NG will end up sending more troops there and it will end up in a martial law situation very soon. These riots will get completely out of control, and even more so once the trial comes around for the LEO's involved....especially if they are acquitted.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

They were deployed into Chicago during the worst of it but before hand they all as a group discussed what they would do if the order came down to shoot, they all agreed they would not shoot their fellow Americans!

It's a good plan ... until the first shot is fired. Like all good plans, most of 'em don't survive first contact.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: newyr

Yea as vasa was saying that was probably training specific to natural disaster and civil unrest...all NG guys get the standard boot camp reprogramming any other soldier is first introduced to.

The National Guard are not brainless robots lol. They are people who live and work in the state they would be deployed for things like this. My dad was in the Guard during the Chicago riots in 1968 after Martian Luther King was killed. He was Sniper. They were deployed into Chicago during the worst of it but before hand they all as a group discussed what they would do if the order came down to shoot, they all agreed they would not shoot their fellow Americans!

I did not mean they were robots. I have many friends who've been to boot camp and more and those guys are far from robots until it comes to situations they trained for over and over and over…then guess what, the training kicks in and the programming lights up. They will still be humans but in those types of situations they are programmed and it saves their lives all the time because of it.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I think the world, as a whole, is a lot more violent than when your dad was in it. Or at least the violence is being "displayed" a lot more....to the extent that it is glorified in both the heroic sense and the gangster sense.

Really? That time was actually probably worse with Vietnam at a boil, all really pissing off Americans let alone the really really bad race riots. I know and have known many Guardsmen and they do not ever want to be in that position. Many of them refused to collect weapons from innocent people during Katrina. It was the local and state police who did that. Before they were deployed into New Orleans they heard it was happening and all told their commanding officers they would not violate Americans rights by taking their guns and not one of them was persecuted or reprimanded for anything they did. They would arrest the gang thugs causing problems but not someone trying to defend themselves or even showing that they were ready to defend their property by brandishing a gun.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Public Service announcement! If you happen to be a white person that is currently residing in a community such as Baltimore and happen to get caught in the middle of an angry mob, just try to say a few words in Spanish and pretend you no habla ingles. In my experience, angry black people tend not to mess with us chicos too much anymore, probably cuz many are so ignorant they think our cousins in the Mexican mafia will just cut off everybodys heads or burn them alive.

No seriously, what many people do not realize is that the drug supply in paces like Baltimore is now run by Cartel affiliates within the states. They do not want to mess with Hispanic people too much. Of course I am not Mexican, but with Spanish it dont really matter. For the ignorant folks in America, all Spanish people are either Mexican or Puerto Rican lol. And in high drug pushing neighborhoods, they know it is now usually the Mexicans who bring them their dope.

So white people in America, just pretend to be Spanish and you should be able to literally hang out within the mob yourself or just move along to your destination without too much hassle.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Sure when they are being shot at lol. They are in the civilian life too much to be like a Marine on call to go to war 24/7. Most Marines will not shoot an American unless he looks like and acts like a Muslim terrorist, they do not fall for the home grown white terrorist crap, especially since most of them are pissed at this government.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

No just pull your pants down to your lower butt and act like they do, they wont mess with ya lol. If not use your car as a weapon and don't slow down or stop for anything till your safely out and into a group of police.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Tim & crew have seen flash bang grenades & bean bags...they say that
nothing is centralized...everything is happening in pockets all around.
For the most part it appears to be quiet & seems under control.
People are running red lights like they just don't care...lol
Hopefully everything will be ok when I get up in the morning.

Cheers
Ektar
edit on 2742015 by Ektar because: left out info

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Yea I dont understand why anyone ever stops their car. I would just keep going at like 15 mph, and if they want to jump in front of my car, well that is the choice they made. Better believe if they smashed my window while in it though Im coming out with the bat I keep in the passenger side and going for some grand slams! See how many I can hit out of the field before they mob rush me the bastards.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
That was CRAZY... I had JUST started the live feed from Baltimore, and I hear four HEAVY shots fired from near my house (in Peoria IL.) I knew it was gunfire... four steady blasts. After about 30 seconds, five MORE go off. So I got up and dialed 911 and flipped on the local police scanner. They had received multiple calls from MY street. Now they are saying they have found shotgun shells in the alleyway. Police with spotlights right behind my house right now, my dogs are going nuts.

Completely unrelated, of course, but still: the timing was incredible. I had just ridden my bike home from work as well, not a hour ago...

Anyway, that's Peoria for ya. Actually... that's a few things for ya. It really makes me wonder at how those people in Baltimore must feel right now.

EDIT to add: I've been told I live on "the edge of crazy," where I am... But I happen to live just a block away from Bradley University as well. That's not exactly the South End.

edit on 27-4-2015 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Well I guess we shall see when they deploy tomorrow/tonight. I agree they will keep calm and peaceable till they are truly threatened, but if they are watch out cause that dog has sharp teeth ya know.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Because they are assaulting people. Are you ignorant to the fact that the family of Freddie Gray is appalled by the riots? The riots are completely deflecting from the issue. It had nothing to do with Freddie Gray. It's pissed off people, out of work kids that are looking for am something to use to vent their personal issues. And they destroy innocent businesses and assault other citizens. Sad. a reply to: mikeone718

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: rob420j
Me personally I always thought they had to.declare Marshall for our troops to do this. I could be wrong tho.
edit on Mon Apr 27 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: replace huge quote w/ "a reply to" Quote Crash Course

National Guard units are not covered under posse commutates and can be used in a law enforcement function.

Of course had the mayor not allowed the rioters to destroy stuff we might not be in this predicament now.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
All this because police can't place a man into custody without snapping his spinal cord. You just can't fix stupid.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Just waiting for other Cities to explode... Matter of time.

Sad times.

Enough of police brutality and hair trigger shootings on Black folks...........ENOUGH !!

One black guy told me that this has been going on for decades but now the phone cameras allow police crimes to be recorded much more easily.

If this long practiced police nonsense does not stop, other cities will explode and economy will suffer.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

More white people are shot and killed by police than other ethnicities.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: victor7

More white people are shot and killed by police than other ethnicities.

Let me pretend my google button does not work. Would you please direct me to where you saw, read, heard, or experienced this report??

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
#ArrestAlSharpton

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join