It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Hogan Declares State Of Emergency, Activates National Guard - Baltimore

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
Bad feeling that this gets ugly. BAD UGLY...

Stay safe.

Very ugly. I have a business associate that works at Legg Mason in Baltimore and she is scared. I used to go there every 3 weeks for business and it was shady back then. I can only imagine what it is like there right now.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Truly sad & now heading for Johns Hopkins...WTF
why of all people to harm?

Cheers
Ektar

Seems sometime people just get so pissed off they want to harm everything in their way of releasing their anger.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Just waiting for other Cities to explode... Matter of time.

Sad times.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Official Hopkins is open but on lock down.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
I've been listening to the scanners for the last 10-15min and wow. I have heard quite a few calls over armed suspects mostly robberies but a few others as well. This does not sound good as we all know once the rioters are considered armed and a threat they will simply crush them all…the good and the bad.

Yep....once they get enough reports of armed suspects and shots fired, Martial Law is likely soon to follow. My guess is that it will be declared tomorrow prior to sundown once the National Guard has arrived in force.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Growing up in and around Richmond VA I can certainly see this type of thing spreading to the already very crime ridden violent place Richmond is. Also quite full of "minorities", I say it like that because tbh I've felt like a minority myself there plenty of times. Basically to say there are quite a lot of people there that would love to jump on the bandwagon of riot loot and destroy and it's less than a couple hrs drive away.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

and will not be tolerated

5 words these low-life rioting thugs (please separate from "peaceful protestors") need to heed very carefully.

This only ends one way folks..............I knew it was coming - no-brainer really

I used to think it was cut and dry Rioters are trouble makers. Breaking private or public property is wrong.

Then I saw this happen here in Canada at the G20 a few years back.

So I know the police instigate reasons to suppress protest. Documented proof of it. Now how am I supposed to know when the police are starting it or the rioters hiding behind protesters?
edit on 27-4-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I remember the Rodney King Riots...I was there...
during lunch I was the only white person picking
up food from a mainly black establishment. I was afraid
to be white for the first time.
We were on curfew & I lived in Sherman Oaks...they
lit a car on fire a block from me.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Well that's an easy one…it's wrong 100% of the time to harm others or their property. Point blank period! I really don't care who's doing it…be it cops or civilians.

Had todays events targeted the police or the city directly and not private people that the beef was not with I would be all for them. Go have at it…tear down the corrupt folks sticking it up your rear day in and day out. I feel no sympathy for those that take part in the machine I don't care the reason. This however is nothing more than criminal and should be put down asap.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I miss the good old days when they used the shoot to kill method on looters.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
I miss the good old days when they used the shoot to kill method on looters.

I think cutting off the hands worked pretty well too......though I am not opposed to your method. Low life scum is what it really amounts to....very similar to banking execs.....

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

HEADS UP!
I've been watching this unfold for hours and I can tell you that from the skip pattern of fires and violence outbreaks that there's a lot more to this than random acts of violence by disaffected rioters and/or looters.

As I see things developing on the ground in Baltimore, this appears to be unfolding as a well led, concerted effort of a group of people determined to test the strengths/weaknesses of US policing authorities, Fire Departments and National Guard deployments. Make no doubt about it...there's an intelligence behind this action and their probing and testing response scenarios.

For all practical purposes...this thing is unfolding like a Stress test. And as it unfolds, Strategists are studying the responses.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I was just listening to an officer on the radio talking about Bearcat units and had no clue what that was so I looked it up. Remember all those APC military style vehicles they've been stocking up on…well that would be one of those types of units. Guess they knew the chances of really needing them were pretty good after all. The officer spoke of 4 of them as well so it's not like they just got one of them cruising around town atm.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I was just listening to an officer on the radio talking about Bearcat units and had no clue what that was so I looked it up. Remember all those APC military style vehicles they've been stocking up on…well that would be one of those types of units. Guess they knew the chances of really needing them were pretty good after all. The officer spoke of 4 of them as well so it's not like they just got one of them cruising around town atm.

Baltimore has a heavy gang influence and plenty of gang bangers wear armor, so it is not surprising that the police have military style weapons to handle them....

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well the thugs robbed every liquor store and pharmacy in sight so now they are really jacked up on drugs. Hope they don't get into any hospitals and burn down helpless patients for their drugs.

You can bet there are Islamists in the mix taking advantage of the violence. They got involved during Ferguson supporting the thugs.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Since the violence & fires are all over the place do
you think it could be instigators or pre-planners
& not necessarily the locals?

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar

Since the violence & fires are all over the place do
you think it could be instigators or pre-planners
& not necessarily the locals?

Cheers
Ektar

Interesting thought....I suppose it could be some of both....though likely we will never know.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Another thing I find interesting is I cannot find any
live independent feeds with boots on the ground like
we had covering Furguson. Like Livestream, Argos & Tim Pool
nothing...seems odd unless they are waiting for things to
escalate further.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

a reply to: MALBOSIA

Well that's an easy one…it's wrong 100% of the time to harm others or their property. Point blank period! I really don't care who's doing it…be it cops or civilians.

Had todays events targeted the police or the city directly and not private people that the beef was not with I would be all for them. Go have at it…tear down the corrupt folks sticking it up your rear day in and day out. I feel no sympathy for those that take part in the machine I don't care the reason. This however is nothing more than criminal and should be put down asap.

Did you watch the video I posted?

I think you missed the point.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Make no doubt about it...there's an intelligence behind this action and their probing and testing response scenarios.

Well, if there's any semblance of intelligence like you say, then Baltimore black youth are definitely not involved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join