It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Hogan Declares State Of Emergency, Activates National Guard - Baltimore

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Governor Larry Hogan has declared a state of emergency and activated the National Guard to address the growing violence and unrest in Baltimore City.
“I have not made this decision lightly. The National Guard represents a last resort in order to restore order,” Hogan said during a news conference Monday night. “People have the right to protest and express their frustration, but Baltimore City families deserve peace and safety in their communities and these acts of violence and destruction of property cannot and will not be tolerated.”
Hogan said he executed the request 30 seconds after it was made by Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake

Gov. Hogan Declares State Of Emergency, Activates National Guard - Baltimore

Everyone already knows the news about this, but it is about to get VERY complicated on a national level. This is going to be a really big event after this....history making I believe.

So they spoke to Obama as well....

Hogan said he spoke to President Obama at length about the violence.
“He supports our actions 100 percent. We talked about the fact that we’ve gotta find — everybody believes we need to get to the answers and resolve this situation, the concern that everybody has about what exactly happened in the Freddie Gray incident. That’s one whole situation. This is an entirely different situation. This is lawless gangs of thugs roaming the streets, causing damage to property and injuring innocent people, and we’re not gonna tolerate that,” he said.

This is going to get VERY ugly......the judge in this case has a burden I think nobody would want to bear.
edit on 4/27/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
How is this a state of emergency when they're just victims expressing their frustration?

Let's all keep making excuses

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I concur with your prediction about this being history in the making.

I just hope there is a minimal level of pain and suffering but sadly I am highly doubtful about that

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Me personally I always thought they had to.declare Marshall for our troops to do this. I could be wrong tho.
edit on Mon Apr 27 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: replace huge quote w/ "a reply to" Quote Crash Course

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
How is this a state of emergency when they're just victims expressing their frustration?

Let's all keep making excuses

Guessing this is sarcasm?

They are destroying Baltimore.....this is a historical moment....the national guard has been activated to control Baltimore at this point. I fear a lot of death coming to this city. Police are one thing....National Guard is quite another.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It's not martial law though. They said so. /sarcasm

This is getting bad.
edit on 27-4-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I concur with your prediction about this being history in the making.

I just hope there is a minimal level of pain and suffering but sadly I am highly doubtful about that

For National Guard to be called up, my though is that the situation is a LOT worse than being presented already. It will take them a bit of time to get there, so they must be anticipating a much larger riot event coming up. I can only imagine what will happen if the officers in this case are deemed not responsible.....

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
It's not martial law though. They said so.

This is getting bad.

Certainly has the underpinnings of it though....

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

and will not be tolerated

5 words these low-life rioting thugs (please separate from "peaceful protestors") need to heed very carefully.

This only ends one way folks..............I knew it was coming - no-brainer really

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I am surprised they didn't have more in place earlier today
since they already knew about the funeral & that chances
would be high for people acting out...rioting.

I hope it isn't as bad as Furguson was with the guard, police
& etc.

Cheers
Ektar

Edit
Now being reported that protesters heading for
Johns Hopkins Hospital...doors have now been secured.

edit on 2742015 by Ektar because: info new

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

and will not be tolerated

5 words these low-life rioting thugs (please separate from "peaceful protestors") need to heed very carefully.

This only ends one way folks..............I knew it was coming - no-brainer really

Yep....exactly as you posted on the other thread. Media blackout to contain fallout and copycat rioting in other states. I figure there will be a decent number of casualties with this one....there are a lot of gang bangers in Baltimore that are likely to kill during these riots....maybe not innocent protesters, but police and rival gang bangers.....great opportunity for them to kill under the radar with a massive protest going on.

Would not be surprised if the death toll from this riot was the highest Baltimore has seen in years from homicides. With military coming in, anyone shooting really does not stand a chance......

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Please update this when you can, Well Done.
This is very unresting. I don't usually tag on to these threads, but....
WIS

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
I am surprised they didn't have more in place earlier today
since they already knew about the funeral & that chances
would be high for people acting out...rioting.

I hope it isn't as bad as Furguson was with the guard, police
& etc.

Cheers
Ektar

This will be MUCH worse than Ferguson....I feel like that will be looked at as a cake walk compared to Baltimore.....much larger population and many more minorities involved here.....

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
All for it

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Please update this when you can, Well Done.
This is very unresting. I don't usually tag on to these threads, but....
WIS

The fact it only took 30 seconds for approval tells me a lot....they were just waiting for the call. That and the fact he was on the phone with Obama that quick....tells me this is going to be really bad. Started about 3 PM today with the rioting and only took a few hours for it to escalate to calling the National Guard.......

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

You're talking about Copy cat...did you see where I
posted on a another thread earlier that Los Angeles
had received the same gang threat toward police
& that none of them would be riding solo, they were
doubling up.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Bad feeling that this gets ugly. BAD UGLY...

Stay safe.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Truly sad & now heading for Johns Hopkins...WTF
why of all people to harm?

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar

You're talking about Copy cat...did you see where I
posted on a another thread earlier that Los Angeles
had received the same gang threat toward police
& that none of them would be riding solo, they were
doubling up.

Cheers
Ektar

Yep...saw that. This is not going to be laid to rest in the near future I think.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I've been listening to the scanners for the last 10-15min and wow. I have heard quite a few calls over armed suspects mostly robberies but a few others as well. This does not sound good as we all know once the rioters are considered armed and a threat they will simply crush them all…the good and the bad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join