It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If HAARP can create rain, why is it not being used on California?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: camain

There are 39.8 million people in CA as of 2014. Latinos make up 36% of this population. Caucasians are 39.8%, African-Americans are 5.8%, Asian are 13%, and Native Americans make up the balance.

So you can see Hiispanics are not the majority, according to the PEW Research Center.

But they might be soon!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

Haarp is closed...moved...shuttered...done...gone. you didnt know?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kevinp2300
The High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program(HAARP), is an ionospheric research program funded by the Air Force and Navy. It has been coined by conspiracy theorists/whistleblowers as a mind control machine, missile defense tool and weather manipulator. Which brings up my question: why isn't it being used to create rain in the drought stricken state of California? Another question could be who controls this technology? Maybe HAARP's purpose is only to research ways to extend the distance of radio waves being sent across the earth after all. Last, maybe the technology has fallen into the hands of an elitist group who doesn't have our best interest in mind. Thoughts?

You may find this article from 1991 interesting..
It's from the Seattle Times. It speaks on Cloud seeding. Another topic people have issues with..
The Article is about a California Drought.. A drought not quite as bad as the current one, but still very bad..

Seattle Times 1991 California Drought

What's more, the drought does not show any sign of easing. With meteorologists puzzled as to underlying causes of the drought, efforts to combat it are pathetically puny, mostly attempts to wring a bit more snow out of clouds as they cross the mountains.

At least 15 agencies are seeding clouds, when the right kinds come by, trying to add a little snow above the reservoirs that collect the spring runoff and send water through giant aqueducts to Southern California.

``Most of the effort is in the high Sierra with the goal of augmenting snowfall by seeding storms that naturally would be rather inefficient,'' said Maurice Roos of the state's department of water resources. ``They may be increasing snowfall by several percent.''

HAARP shows zero capability to change rain patterns.. (besides the obvious) They may be able to use it to create high pressure systems.... But it has other interesting capabilities.. It's basically supposed to be able to form a mirror and lens effect in the upper atmosphere. You could bounce communications, or OTHER energies off a lens or mirror that is not a satellite. It would have many uses.. I don't have any info on the inside, so I don't know how well it works...
edit on 28-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Maybe it's being used to create a drought to bring unrest and then take over with martial law to establish a global agenda...?a reply to: kevinp2300

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Could it be that they are stopping the rain to keep the west coast from becoming irradiated after that little accident in Japan we don't hear much about anymore?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheCretinHop
Maybe it's being used to create a drought to bring unrest and then take over with martial law to establish a global agenda...?a reply to: kevinp2300

The same situation california is in it has been in in the past.. In fact Southern California is basically a desert..
There is really no surprise..
Check out my link from 1991 with 15 agencies trying to seed clouds..

California is supposed to be dry. Other similar desert areas are livable only with salt extraction from salt water.

Linky

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jkeyes
Could it be that they are stopping the rain to keep the west coast from becoming irradiated after that little accident in Japan we don't hear much about anymore?

That popped into my head, but california has this same thing happen from time to time.. the article I posted from 1991 is basically the exact same situation as now.

article from 1991

Basically a high pressure system, or HEAT, or the jet stream (what comes first? what controls what?) is in a pattern.. It's not letting any wet ocean air flow east into california..

It's a normal pattern..

At some point people need to adapt by spending much more money on water, desalination plants.. OR move out of the desert..

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Wasnt one of the things HAARP was able to do was direct or misdirect the jet stream?a reply to: KnightLight

edit on AprAM12CDTE2AM2C by jkeyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
so the Rich can buy the land cheap!
then the rain comes back...

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: jkeyes
Wasnt one of the things HAARP was able to do was direct or misdirect the jet stream?a reply to: KnightLight

It MAY be able to, but I don't know the exact power requirements of such a feat.. It does have the very basic capability to do such a thing, but it's like asking if a sparkler firework can blow up a bridge.. I don't think so, but I'm not in the know.

HAARP can in fact heat the atmosphere.. Heating or cooling, changes the flow of the jet stream.. The power involved seems above HAARPS abilities. As in WAY WAY above.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
so the Rich can buy the land cheap!
then the rain comes back...

Rich and powerful people already live there..
That sounds like a not so cheap very dangerous idea..
Any one of those people could take out a 5 mil contract on your life, or for info on who is running the HAARP project or projects like it.
It's too many powerful people there to be playing a game like that..

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Next week they start dismantling it unless someone came up with the money when I wasn't looking.

Once DRMO starts parting it out, you'll be able to get a really good deal on 10 kW HF linears.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

Very funny but, not all conspiracies are untrue.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Though the HAARP project is shut down, it doesn't mean that other ionospheric heaters don't exist. Also, it isn't clear whether or not HAARP is capable of affecting rain patterns. They basically lift parts of the ionosphere and are then able to modulate it.

According to Wikipedia:

"Physicist Bernard Eastlund claimed that HAARP includes technology based on his own patents that has the capability to modify weather and neutralize satellites."

HAARP Article

Other scientists claim that there is nothing we can do to disturb the earth's weather systems, which is untrue, case in point Global Climate Change. Furthermore, they state that the energies involved in weather patterns are so large that there is little we can do to change them. The weather is a highly non-linear system, so it doesn't always obey the simple direct proportional relationship of large energy input large weather pattern shift output. It could be manipulated at the initial stages of a forming weather pattern, I don't know enough about the modeling of weather, so I'm just repeating what i've heard.

Another technique to modify weather is to affect the electrojet that travels around the earth, in fact by manipulating both the ionosphere and the electrojet it may be possible to put enough energy into the atmosphere to affect the weather. I don't know why they don't use HAARP or some combination of systems to bring rain to CA, it seems as if they want to see the farmers twist in the breeze.
edit on 28-4-2015 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: deloprator20000
a reply to: sn0rch

Very funny but, not all conspiracies are untrue.

I was not joking, a dark being entered into my realm and prevented me from continuing my expose.

I cannot explain it, but I saw it in a dream, that I never had, in a memory I never remembered as a thought I've not yet had... but it is true.

And not all sn0rches are lies.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Ummm, I think you're thinking of "cloud seeding", not HARRP. Cloud Seeding is where you spray particles into clouds to make their water droplets heavier, which causes the water droplets to fall (aka "rain"). Other cloud seeding techniques place particles in in the sky with hopes that those particles will attract more water vapor. This increase in concentrated water vapor will hopefully create water droplets which are too heavy to stay in the clouds, which makes them fall (aka "rain").

But cloud seeding isn't exact & it can't create rain. It can only help accelerate the process if there's already enough water vapor present. You make cloud seeding (or your idea of HAARP) sound like some kind of water summoning device that teleports water from the oceans into a cloud of our choosing. I'm no expert, but I don't think we have water summoning technology yet.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I can't believe there are still people who cant understand the basic science of HAARP and see that there is no way on earth it could affect the weather/make it rain. Plus...its been shut down for a long time

Deny ignorance indeed. LOL

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

originally posted by: TheCretinHop

The same situation california is in it has been in in the past.. In fact Southern California is basically a desert..
There is really no surprise..
Check out my link from 1991 with 15 agencies trying to seed clouds..

California is supposed to be dry. Other similar desert areas are livable only with salt extraction from salt water.

Linky

True. I think Los Angeles is built in a literal desert and imports nearly all of its water. Most cities are built near sources of water, so LA's situation is even more screwed up than many other parts of California.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join