It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Why do American weapons end up in our enemies' hands?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Why Do American Weapons End Up in Our Enemies' Hands?

by Ron Paul

It happens so often you wonder whether it is due to total ineptness or a deliberate policy to undermine our efforts overseas. It’s most likely a result of corruption and unintended consequences, combined with a foreign policy that makes it impossible to determine who are our friends are and who are our enemies.

A recent headline in Mother Jones read: “US Weapons Have A Nasty Habit of Going AWOL... Just recently a headline announced: “CIA cash sometimes refills al-Qaeda coffers.”... Another headline just recently announced that, “Iraqi army downs two UK planes carrying weapons for ISIL.”...

Building weapons and seeing them end up in the hands of the enemy is almost a routine event and one should expect it to continue to happen under the circumstances of the chaos in the Middle East.

...the only people who seem to benefit from it are those who are earning profits in the military-industrial complex.

Someday out of necessity we will be forced to consider a policy that the Founders advocated. Friendship with all nations, peace, commerce, and avoidance of all entangling alliances while staying out of the internal affairs of other nations.

I pasted a few excerpts from the article. The entire read can be found by clicking the link above.

Even though Ron Paul does question whether this is a deliberate policy, he stops short of saying what many others have suggested: that many, if not all, of these groups are simply controlled opposition.

He says the main beneficiary is the war-for-profit industry ie the military industrial complex but there are other beneficiaries as well: those who are interested in stealing the natural resources of other nations as well as those who think that America should be fighting Israel's enemies.

But as usual, Ron Paul says what many other politicians are/were scared to say, which is why so many of us love him and why the establishment hates him.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Dear Mr Paul

The reason Americas weapons end up in the wrong hands is because there is no longer any nation state stupid enough to go to war with America,therefore to keep the military industrial complex going and justify its existence the US must now create,train,arm then turn loose its current and future enemies.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Free trade baby!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
ISIS is a US mercenary force fighting wars of plunder for the fascist in control of the US government. Instead of owning up to the illegal plundering of sovereign states they push the propaganda that muslum forces have appeared from no-where to topple muslum nations. They then they go rolling into countries with M1 tanks and US missiles lol,

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

They haven't appeared out of no where, where did you get such a notion?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Because if they are in their hands then we have a reason to drop some on their heads.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Good point. I think we also pick sides sometimes just to pick sides. And then yeah, we make a ton of money and get to use bigger guns on the people who end up turning their backs on us (as if they were ever on the same side). It's a very sad but profitable win win.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

edit on 27-4-2015 by DuckforcoveR because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2015 by DuckforcoveR because: what?!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Ron Paul should watch the movie "God of War"

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I also just learned that ATS auto-corrects for you when your thumbs are too big while trying to type "bigger" and hit the letter next door by accident...

a reply to: DuckforcoveR

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

"People who annoy you:"

Is that you Randy?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Friendship with all nations, peace, commerce, and avoidance of all entangling alliances while staying out of the internal affairs of other nations.

The world would be a much better place if all countries followed this. One thing I always liked about Ron Paul was his perspective on foreign policy.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Que?

Randy quien?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Look up the South Park episode 'With Aplogies to Jesse Jackson'.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Right over the freakin head. I remember that one too but it didn't click. My bad.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I know how you feel now. A couple weeks back I had a Huber girl working for me. She got in a fight, jail cancelled her hiber for a night, and when she came back I said "I hear your a regular Muhammad Ali?!" She says "who's that?".

She's only like 22 but man. Man o man.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
Free trade baby!

If we had free trade in 'murka, I'd be able to buy a brand new Lada Kalina for less than 10k.

No, I'm afraid the reason is that we give the weapons to them.

Without constant "threats" we'd run out of reasons to keep our inflated military budget going. Then we'd stop having a huge percentage of ex-military civilians on tap, and the world would quickly realize we've got nothing left, and this country is barely standing.
Quite literally the entire world hates the US, now.

Of course, that's just one of many reasons.
Have another!
Just stop and think about any number of shadowy things going on right here in America that would either come to light or collapse under its weight without our effectively unlimited military funding.

The people who have all the money need us to remain distracted- and they also need the US to have a big ass military ready to unleash all hell on command.
Otherwise, they'd be torn apart by the monsters they've created.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Because we'll do anything to make a buck. We don't care about the ramifications at all. Show me the money. That's going to be our downfall.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

The taliban also appeared out of no-where until brezinski made it known years latter that he financed their rise with funds transferred through pakistani ISI which included up to 630M a year of covert funding.

US is definitely funding ISIS as it did Taliban and Al-Qaeda. So when you see ISIS beheading children understand that it is being done with your tax dollars to teach you to hate Muslims.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

The US isn't funding ISIS at all.

Giving weapons and money to the mujahideen 30 years ago does not equate to ISIS being financed by the CIA today, as much as you want it to be the case, it's simply not true.

Using your logic, Iran is being funded by the US too, as they have F14's from when the two countries were friendly..

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Because weapons sales is the biggest business in the world, and we are the biggest weapons suppliers.
a reply to: gladtobehere

top topics

join