It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should i vote or not

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
And so the lying season begins, every four years the deceivers come out of the wood work and spread their nylon wings and start the annoying mating calls for followers, strutting around making promises they wont or cant keep all to secure a new tribe to disappoint for the following four years feeding off of the followers stupidity like misery vampires, secure in the knowledge that they will receive the same support when it is time to feed again.
But, "dont waste your vote, or you cant complain" they say through highly polished teeth behind the cheesiest of grins, desperate for the adoration they failed to find from their peers as a child. Why should i vote for people that i dispise, having learnt over the years to ignore and discount every word that is uttered from the mouths of these deceitful morons, "shall we cut off your leg or your arm ?", neither thank you !

In a system that leaves the majority unhappy with the inevitable outcome why should i vote?, should i vote for someone that i dont like, to stop someone i dont like, i fail to understand why the public continue to give credibility to the farce that they call General election,

I dont know what the alternative is or could be, but I for one am tired of democraticaly electing a dictator that i didnt want in the first place, would be intersting to hear from some of the folks on here to see if anybody has an new ideas, I HATE ELECTION TIME

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: THELONIO

I no longer believe that voting matters. The winners are pre-chosen and we know that vote rigging is easy. To me it's just a distraction, as whoever gets in will follow the pre-established agenda in any case. (Have I become too cynical ATS?)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Then vote for a smaller party that speaks for you. If we shake up the system we may be able to force a change of first past the post system in to a proportional representation system.

When this happens, next election when we vote, our votes will count and we can build a better, fairer future.

But you must vote for who speaks most for you and not a tactical vote just to keep someone out, no matter how much either side is fear mongering you into doing such.

ETA: my advice is for UK voters.

edit on 27-4-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

none speak for me, if they did i wouldnt believe them

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Voting is your right, and therefore your choice. Not voting is also a choice. I would say it depends on what you intend to accomplish by voting or not voting. Both can make a statement and send a message.

Know that you are not alone. I have no confidence that our elections are fair and honest now. But I will continue to vote, most likely third party, as a protest vote if nothing else. I would like to think that in order to discreetly rig elections, they require an accurate number of how many votes must be changed/deleted/whatever in order to achieve their desired result. So my third party vote will let them know I'm not playing their game... come what may. At this point, we may not have any good options, but I believe our best option is to make sure the PTB know just how much opposition they are up against, which can be expressed in many ways, and all contribute to the end goal.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

There were a lot of outcries and editorial pieces in Canada at the last couple of elections with this first past the post system which we also have. However after one or two small moves in that direction, the system is in majority the same as before. The government will to set things right is just not there.

edit on 27-4-2015 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
The winners are pre-chosen and we know that vote rigging is easy.

The winners are not pre-chosen. History, including recent history, is littered with political upset. At least this is the case in the UK. Oh, and there is a choice and a difference between the poliices the parties are touting.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If you do not vote....no one wants to hear you bitch about anything....no one...

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I agree OP. Voting has no value and is actually a waste of your time. Corporations buy politicians and in turn the elected politicians do what the corporations want/need. The voting system is just a front to trick the citizens into thinking they have a say. How many times do we need to watch our elected go back on their word and do everything opposite of what they said? Do people really not remember? It really gets under my skin when someone says I'm part of the problem by not voting, because no matter what, they all lie about whats going to happen when they get into office. For example: if every soda machine you went to gave you something you didn't select. Would you continue to use soda machines? I doubt it...and thats not even important.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: teslahowitzer

how can you say that, if there are more than 2 parties it is no longer fair. they only have to get 35% to win thus leaving 65% unhappy, Just because you are given a vote does not mean you will have a choice. if you were asked to vote for a punch in the face or a kick in the nuts would you then consider that you cant complain if you dont vote, its is attitudes like yours that keep us from moving on, perpetuating the same old crap with the same old rhetoric
edit on 27-4-2015 by THELONIO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Screw 'em all.

No party donations, no bumper stickers, no votes.

If every voter refused to show up it'd bring about a healthy discussion about the value of democracy.

No riots, no occupations and no civic unrest.

Ballot day should be a garden party day when all voters just stay at home and refuse to take part.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: teslahowitzer
If you do not vote....no one wants to hear you bitch about anything....no one...

I don't vote, I'll bitch about whatever I like and I have lots of company!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Always vote.

The Executive branch fails us, the Legislature fails us, and the Courts fail us. There is only one place left where the average person can stand up for what's right, and that is in the jury box. We need more people on juries that can see our government for what it is, and do right by the people that the government seeks to harass. We need people that can see past a prosecutor's attempt to pile on charges to make a person appear guilty when they have a weak case. We need people with the guts to say, "I don't care what the law says. This person did what any reasonable person would do, and I refuse to convict them for breaking a bull# law."

I always vote. If I'm on a jury, I would be hard pressed to find someone guilty of a tacked on "resisting arrest" or "failure to comply" bs charge. If I don't agree with a particular law, I would be less inclined to vote guilty, regardless of what the law says, what the prosecutor says, or some judges instructions.

I think it's pretty obvious to most ATSers that law enforcement, prosecutors, and judges stack the deck against the rest of us peons. A jury of our peers is our last line of defense. If for no other reason, vote to maintain your eligibility to sit on a jury.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Everything about this election is just insulting. From the horrendous and transparent media training to the talking points filled with outright lies, cooked figures, empty promises and backwards rhetoric to the scripted Q&A's to the patronising photo ops and forced wooden gesticulation it just irks me. It's like their handlers studied everything bad about american election campaigns and half heartedly mimicked it on a budget. I wouldn't buy a second hand car from any of them let alone give them my consent to run a country.

I'm going to spoil my vote. Not exactly a groud breaking act of defiance or particularly productive but I guess it shows I cared enough to turn up to the polls if nothing else.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Never vote for paid liars...

And they're all paid liars

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

All the votes are rigged....totally pointless.
I can already tell you the winner...Hilary Clinton.....if you don't like her politics then you will be branded a sexist just as you might have been branded a racist if you had something to say against Obama's narratives.
It does not matter how corrupt and anti patriotic they are,the main stream media will brush the significance of their treachery under the carpet.
I don't have any answers,i just know the game,we are playing black jack against the house and the house always wins.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
To vote or not to vote....that is the delusion.

top topics

join