It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing persian cats - Iranian F-14AM

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: haman10

Good luck with the TF-30. Even with upgrades it's an amazing piece of crap.
Thanks .

We're also working on "Motor melli" which is based on saturn AL-31 .

and here i thought i was posting some facts which can be interesting . i didn't know i was walking on nerves here

edit on 27-4-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The sniping stops now.

This is the Aircraft projects forum, not a junior high schoolyard.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkpr0 your right, our Navy has no clue what it is doing. Zaph may be better informed on current specs, but my understanding is that the F/A 18, F-22, and the F-35 have rendered the f-14 obsolete.Speed, payload, accuracy and electronic warfare abound (thing smart bombs and tracking weapons). If you think that the Iraq-Iran war is somehow a base of standard setting, you are the typical Canadian lib....they fought without limits using junk (Iraq) against old almost obsolete tech (Iran). It went on and on with some gains, but no clear victor. You set the stage of no holes barred warfare where all is a target, collateral damage is not an issue, you have a very different outcome. I do not think our pilots are worried of the equipment currently in the Persian stockpile, just the stuff in the deep bunkers kept shiny by people chanting "death to America!" praying for the 12th iman....

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: teslahowitzer
F-14 Tomcat, American designed and built. How come the great Iran cannot build their own fighters? Sorry, but the modern F-14 commissioned with OUR upgrades will take them down. You really think you have the best tech? Problem with most countries is that the really don't build anything, buy other countries stuff, thinking they are getting the latest- greatest equipment, just not the case....Question Mr. Iran....where are you getting support parts and maintenance equipment if we stopped being the military store for you? We, in theory, stopped all support in 1979...we still built the Pinto then, Modern carrier based F-14s are considered old technology compared to F/A 18 e fighters, and the F22...good luck with that position, you'll need it. Build your own stuff before you start bragging...instead of basking in the glory of the "great satan's built hardware...
1- Iran indeed can produce its own fighter jets . one of them named "Shafagh" is actually a trainer for 5th gen. fighter jets .

here :

jaamejamiran.persiangig.com...

Our next Fighter which is not a tech-demonstrator like shafagh will be unveiled in a year or so .

2- We're producing our own spare parts . don't get all bloated on me . you think Iran is just another Iraq where you can conquer in 30 days and thats it ?

in 2012 we were 17th in the world by science production : www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.scimagojr.com...

now we're 15th .

Wonder whats going on ? here :

www.newscientist.com...

So dear , we produce our own frigates , fighter jets , Tanks , Missiles , ..... alright ?

and nothing is considered old against 50 year old F-18s . meh

USAF owns IRIAF . there is no doubt there . but here is the thing : the concentration of highly-advanced SAMs in Iran's mainland might even be higher than US .

go figure

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10 looks familiar, test flight with payload will tell the story....too bad of the differences between the crazy Americans and the caliphate....we could actually be friends. I spent some time in the "cradle of civilization" by the tigris and the euphraties rivers (spell check). met some interesting people. I just deem it unfair that our leaders have set such a stage, Persian culture is long and honorable, till the bs starts. America is no angel, we know this, but we are still the most dangerous, our level of technology that we stole from everyone from Germany to Nigeria has absolute amazing capabilities, and I was exposed to very little of it, but blown away by what I had my eyes near. Our Commander was somewhat forthcoming, He spent a lot of time at locked with the R&D teams, Very confident we could do things unimaginable just a decade ago...lets hope for peace and the possibility of a tomorrow...

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
a reply to: teslahowitzer
And the list of "big wars" won by the US alone is how long?

Refresh my memory for me.

As for that super advanced top secret makes people # their pants with a whisper weaponry work out last time? Unmitigated success with zero casualties...right?

A determined foe with a 1970's weapon is very dangerous. To assume otherwise puts bodies in bags.

Japan
August 9, 1945

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: peck420
And the list of "big wars" won by the US alone is how long?

Refresh my memory for me.

As for that super advanced top secret makes people # their pants with a whisper weaponry work out last time? Unmitigated success with zero casualties...right?

A determined foe with a 1970's weapon is very dangerous. To assume otherwise puts bodies in bags.

Japan
August 9, 1945

Hollywood really rots your mind.
Your Forgetting your allies:
Australia
New Zealand
China
UK.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10 f-18, first set to carriers approx. 1981, old, but not as old tech as the 14. which your new plane reminds me of. work calls......."death to the Zionist....death to America..."

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

That's almost as bad. I've dealt with Russian pilots that have had some pretty wild stories about their engines. They've gotten better though.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The F-18 was and is a step down. The payload to range sucks even with the SH. There are configurations that can't even get 500 nm on combat radius.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

they fought without limits using junk (Iraq) against old almost obsolete tech (Iran)

Well from what I have read, they fought with limited aggression. Both air forces during the Iran-Iraq war used their air force as deterrents.

Iran couldnt replace its prized F-14s, so they used them to protect vital areas...Iraq didnt want to send swaths of its planes to be shot down by a few F-14s that they too couldnt replace so easily. Truth be told, from what I read from iranian pilots, they would fire up their radar or shoot down an Iraqi fighter and the area would be clear for weeks. Entire formations of Iraqi jets would ditch their ordinance and run.

They only feared large formations of Iraqi fighters. Iran didnt field as many F-14s during or after the war, really ever since when we left the F-14s there because they lacked maintenance personnel...not spare parts. We had to destroy our scrapped F-14s since people were stealing parts and selling them to Iran. Somehow they even got stolen spare parts for the missiles we left behind. We only sabotage a few of the missiles and only some of the maintenance equipment. I think I read that we were upgrading the radars when we left, and they didnt get the upgrades, but managed to get everything else working again including the old radar systems and even the sabotaged missiles. They just relied on ground radar more....

They say they kept 40% of the fleet combat ready and usable. Thats pretty impressive. Then they found sponsors for upgrades or developed their own. Thats pretty amazing.

Even if the F-14 is obsolete....that is only true recently. They kept a viable air superiority fighter operational for decades when it was still relevant.

No one messed with Iranian airspace for a while.

edit on 4 27 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 Therefore the 22 is the future of the carrier's best fighter???

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
so let me get this straight you guys are still trying to back engineer a 55 year old engine and it's tech to eliminate a stall problem? You do realize the TF-30 was built in the 60's and designed in the 50's? You do know that it's the year 2015? Have you seen the ADVENT engine or the F119 or the F135 engines?

Just sayn'

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
F14 was always my favorite jet. Nice to see a new set of clothes on the old girl.

Any more pics?

How did this thread devolve to a mines-bigger-than- yours argument?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

No, they're not getting F-22s. That line is dead and buried.

It depends on the configuration and mission, but one reason that the SH is 33% bigger is the combat radius of the A-D was atrocious. Pilots love them, but even with the SH that's their top complaint.

The F-35 corrects that somewhat. It still doesn't have the best combat radius, but an internal weapons Bay reduces drag considerably, which helps a lot with range.

The C/D Hornet on a hi-lo-lo-hi interdiction mission has a 290 nm combat radius.

The E/F Super Hornet, on the same mission profile, with four 1,000 lb bombs, two Sidewinders,
and two external tanks,
navigation FLIR and targeting FLIR is at 390 nm.

The F-35C combat radius is over 600 nm.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
so let me get this straight you guys are still trying to back engineer a 55 year old engine and it's tech to eliminate a stall problem? You do realize the TF-30 was built in the 60's and designed in the 50's? You do know that it's the year 2015? Have you seen the ADVENT engine or the F119 or the F135 engines?

Just sayn'

I don't think that are trying to compete with F-35's on this.

USA is not there only enemy and hopefully with any luck wont be on the enemy list much longer.

It the regional enemy's there are likely looking at for this.
edit on 27-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

They frequently do.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant
Cause it is bigger.

And it ours go to eleven.

edit on 27-4-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

How long do you think Iran can keep the F-14s flying? Is there anything in the pipeline for them to be replaced?

Will they just junk them or sell them? Use them for training?

Are they almost rotting messes now?

edit on 4 27 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

As long as the center wing box holds up, and corrosion (which is going to be a major issue for the area) is handled, there's no reason they can't fly for a long time to come.

They'd make a pretty good aggressor trainer in the future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join