It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a person who with an ostomy, I find this commercial wildly offensive

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I see the OP's point...the commercial basically says "You don't want to be this disgusting vile creature...do you?". But in the world of anti-smoking, anything is fair. Not in my mind but in the hugely profitable anti-smoking crowd. Yes, smoking is bad for you and a dirty habit especially when the smoker doesn't act appropriately around others. Stand off a ways and only smoke where permitted, don't throw your butts on the ground, etc.

But what other legal action receives this type of attack commercial? I can't think of any. It is one thing to say "smoking is gross" it is another to say "people who smoke are gross". Not a very fair world is it.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Although I can't personally understand how it is to have a colostomy. I do understand how it's offensive to you. I'm disabled and get this all the time. As if what I have is so " awful". Gee thanks for telling me how awful it is, I was feeling ok until you said it was awful, if I'm perceived that way to them. It took me a very long time to feel comfortable in public, now I don't care.

I try to get that they don't get it, I wouldn't either, before this happened to me. We are all ignorant until something happens to us,

Good luck with the reversal surgery. My dad got his reversed.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

That's the thing where you are this disgusting creature, it feels horrible.

I do still feel uncomfortable with people seeing my handicap aids.

<< 1  2   >>

join