It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Mayor Gave Rioters 'Space To Destroy'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower
Your statement and the mindset it takes to formulate this response is the reason this country is crumbling under the weight of its own idiocy.

Congrats.

edit on 27-4-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

It is Obama's JOB as president to calm the population in times of crisis.

He failed to do his JOB
by not getting on the TV and radio etc., which would only have taken a few minutes out of his HungerGames Elite Ball to call for calm.

As a Black leader in particular he had the responsibility to calm the rioters, he did not have to come out in favor of anyone, or bash anyone, he could have just called for calm and a promise like he did with "Hands Up Don't Shoot" riots that the justice department would get involved.

edit on 12Mon, 27 Apr 2015 12:50:26 -0500pm42704pmk271 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The looters are just victims of an unfair criminal justice system.

They are owed.

Bunch of racist haters here!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: grandmakdw

a reply to: IAMTAT

Actually, that was the smart thing to do.

Because escalating the police presence and force, only would have escalated the violent protesters. Sometimes, you just have to let them be.

They would have put more people in harm by trying to act, as opposed to just doing containment like they did.

~Tenth

Smart to do, not if you were one of "two were injured in the mayhem"
www.usatoday.com...
Or the business owners whose businesses were smashed and looted

And what did our Black President do while the riots went on?
He engaged in a metaphorical reenactement of Hunger Games
dailycaller.com...
partying with the elite and telling jokes.
Baltimore burned while Obama fiddled. (a metaphor, Nero fiddled while Rome burned)

That's how much he really cares about what is going on in the US.
Or how much he is willing to be a real Black leader.

I love that the same people who bitch about police brutality also bitch about the lack of it when it suits them.

~Tenth

Since when did protecting private property from BGF, Bloods & Crips become police brutality?

You do realize that a huge police presence, would have cause MORE property damage, MORE looting, MORE violence, MORE injuries and overall, just MORE troubles right?

~Tenth

You do realize with THAT attitude from city officials towards protecting people's rights and property, Baltimore is 'officially' F'd. Right?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

so in your mind, its okay to destroy someone else's business or home so some animals can feel better?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Doesn't make what I said wrong.

An increased police presence, would have led to more problems.

The best of two bad options was chosen in this case. It sucks for the victims, I'm sure the city will either pay for it, or the courts will decide that since Baltimore PD were told to stand down, that the city is responsible for the looting and property damage.

At least that's how it should go.

But at the end of day, in this specific instance, the right call was made IMO.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Don't be dramatic.

They had a contained section. They simply just didn't come out in force and start mass arrests. They weren't allowing them to go all over the city and loot and burn everything. It was containment, as opposed to active subduing.

~Tenth

I sure wish I had known that Broadcastify allowed you to record the scanner feeds. I was listening to Baltimore's live feed the night this happened, and apparently the people and police on the ground didn't get the memo that they could destroy property only in the contained area. Police responded to multiple neighborhoods, numerous stores and private businesses, and a multitude of "shots fired" calls all over the city.

But, I guess allowing the protestors to riot in a contained area helped keep the majority of police away from the rest of the city.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

so in your mind, its okay to destroy someone else's business or home so some animals can feel better?

I did not say that.

Not at all. Please re-read what I said, and perhaps the post above this one for a better understanding.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I see it all the time on ATS, people complain about the "police state" and overzealous law enforcement officers abusing their power during riots.

Now, we have people complaining about a lack of police presence.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Not sure how many places got looted, but the places that did will win any lawsuits they bring forth.

Right or wrong, the Mayor allowed this and is now liable. Not sure what a few million in lawsuits will do to that City.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Not sure how many places got looted, but the places that did will win any lawsuits they bring forth.

Right or wrong, the Mayor allowed this and is now liable. Not sure what a few million in lawsuits will do to that City.

No biggie. It's just taxpayer's money. If they run out, they'll just go get more.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: grandmakdw

Actually, that was the smart thing to do.

Because escalating the police presence and force, only would have escalated the violent protesters. Sometimes, you just have to let them be.

They would have put more people in harm by trying to act, as opposed to just doing containment like they did.

~Tenth

Smart to do, not if you were one of "two were injured in the mayhem"
www.usatoday.com...
Or the business owners whose businesses were smashed and looted

And what did our Black President do while the riots went on?
He engaged in a metaphorical reenactement of Hunger Games
dailycaller.com...
partying with the elite and telling jokes.
Baltimore burned while Obama fiddled. (a metaphor, Nero fiddled while Rome burned)

That's how much he really cares about what is going on in the US.
Or how much he is willing to be a real Black leader.

I love that the same people who bitch about police brutality also bitch about the lack of it when it suits them.

~Tenth

Since when did protecting private property from BGF, Bloods & Crips become police brutality?

You do realize that a huge police presence, would have cause MORE property damage, MORE looting, MORE violence, MORE injuries and overall, just MORE troubles right?

~Tenth

That is faulty logic. I don't care what beef you or anyone else has with the police. That does not give these people the right to destroy anything but the Police department or city hall. Non Violent protest are cool with me but destroying someones property that had nothing to do with it is IGNORANT and should be dealt with very harshly.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The Police should have beat people with clubs, who were seen destroying other peoples property. If you want to destroys something then go trash your own home, not someone else s hard work. Next time these rioters will be shot by business owners if they try this crap anymore. People will not put up with it in the south, that is for dam sure.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Here is the statement.

Judge for yourself.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Which one is the Minister of Representin?

Idiocracy is close at hand.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

If the police has come out in force with riot gear, LRAD's, smoke grenades, ect -- people would have been injured and videos would be surfacing of people being maced, kicked, beaten and worse.

I think everyone's tone around here would be very different today if that had happened. We would have people on the boards crying out about police heavy-handed tactics and a police state. We would see people claiming the increased police presence escalated the riots intentionally, and provocateurs were being used to whip the rioters into a frenzy.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I actually understand the thinking on this, and so should all the people here who rant about excessive police action.

Here's the deal, no one can stop those people from protesting. It is their right to assemble and their right to express their anger. So, when you know that you have potentially thousands of people all coming on a march and you know they're going to be angry, do you confront them with hundreds of heavily armed police (like Ferguson) or do you let them blow off some steam and potentially avoid a bigger problem?

Personally, I would prefer to have someone sensible like her in that position, someone who understands the anger, understands Human nature, and isn't scared to face criticism from ignorant political opponents who will ignore all logic and reason and risk major escalation just to save face.

She's not talking about the destruction of private property here, she has openly condemned the threat of violence and the actions carried out against individuals and businesses. What she seems to be alluding to is the fact that police held back and allowed that carefully positioned police car to be destroyed.

Incidentally, this was done in London too, more than once. Some local governments and police have worked out that if you leave an old car or van out there that will become a target and not only allow you to gather evidence (filming it) but also allow you to share that imagery and sway public opinion, while distracting the angriest of the crowd and potentially diminishing its impact too.

Like I said, would you have preferred to see a repeat of what happened in Ferguson? I bet if that had happened you would be complaining about that too, right?

They're in a no-win situation here.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

The Police should have beat people with clubs, who were seen destroying other peoples property. If you want to destroys something then go trash your own home, not someone else s hard work. Next time these rioters will be shot by business owners if they try this crap anymore. People will not put up with it in the south, that is for dam sure.

And when footage of that is then used to radicalize a hundred more people...

I'm damn glad you aren't in any position to make such decisions, this would be a civil war already if it were left to people like you.

I agree that the violence was absolutely uncalled for, and it damaged much of the support people like us (or me) would have for their movement, but you seem to think that a broken window is reason enough to start murdering people in the street.

You, sir, are an extremist yourself if you think this is any way acceptable use of force.
edit on 27-4-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Maybe they should erect a poor ghetto area in our major cities and then tell the eventual rioters to go at it in cases like this.

OH, I forgot they already have ghetto areas for them to do that!
Umm…

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thing is, most riot situations of a political nature, involves bussing people in from other areas to cause mayhem (and police agent provocaturs).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join