It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rival Gangs Enter Partnership to Assassinate Baltimore Police Officers (updated 3x)

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
It's a shame that all this rioting is against a local police department instead of the federal government.

I wish the public as a whole got this upset over constitutional violations as they did over the current situation.

Lol can't even talk about any subject without trying to change it to the same ole tired tea party propaganda huh?????

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You should only be identifying yourself as an American, which you are. You are by law equal.

The use of African American is over used in my opinion. Over used in a way that makes race more of an issue when it shouldn't be.

Maybe it's just my own outside opinion, here in the UK people are just British, a few do refer to race like british pakistani, but most will just say British. I'd hate it if my fellow citizens started to refer to themselves as African Brits when they were born here.

All this race division is pathetic and unnecessary.

edit on 28-4-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProleUK

You should only be identifying yourself as an American, which you are. You are by law equal.

The use of African American is over used in my opinion. Over used in a way that makes race more of an issue when it shouldn't be.

Maybe it's just my own outside opinion, here in the UK people are just British. I'd hate it if my fellow citizens started to refer to themselves as African Brits when they were born here.

Well over in the states LOE were murdering Black folks when they were just called plain N.....rs It's not about a name, it's about a state of mind based off fear and contempt.
Brits don't have that baggage on their home turf ..in their overseas possession back in the day?? meh!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ProleUK

Ya it seems to displease people when we leave off the African part. As much as people try to move on past it there are so many that still cling to it. What even more fun is when your a "half breed" what some people so kindly label myself and some of my friends as.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Back in the day....time to move on?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Back in the day....time to move on?

Move on to where?? where can we Move on to ...fact is the name African American got diddly squat to do with killer cops.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero

Ya it seems to displease people when we leave off the African part. As much as people try to move on past it there are so many that still cling to it. What even more fun is when your a "half breed" what some people so kindly label myself and some of my friends as.

That my friend is why we should cut out the race, roots cr#p. We are just citizens at the end of the day. Race is over used.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

The identity. Creating a division in society by race. Where there is a division, you create sides.

As for moving on, move on to the future and not get stuck in the bad of the past. Each generation is so very different in its views.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Nothing says justice for Freddie Gray more than running down the street with a stolen 36" HD TV and breakin' some glass.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Maybe it's just my own outside opinion, here in the UK people are just British, a few do refer to race like british pakistani, but most will just say British. I'd hate it if my fellow citizens started to refer to themselves as African Brits when they were born here.

All this race division is pathetic and unnecessary.

Thanks but like I said, it's still an official term. As in, a government term. I don't get why you're not seeing that. America is still a very race oriented place. Think about it. Interracial marriages just became legal in 1967 (Loving v Virginia). And that was a decision by the Supreme Court because the voters & Congress wouldn't change it! In 1970, the state of Mississippi even outlawed the kid's show "Sesame Street" because it had an interracial cast!

America's still another 50-100 years away from being the way you're thinking. And even that may not be enough time. Both my younger brother & I have at times dated "white" women. And both of their families disowned them for as long as our relationships existed. They stated themselves it was because of our ethnicity, and this is over the last 5-8 years. And I'm guessing there are many Americans here on ATS who'd tell you they wouldn't let a family member date outside of their "race".

EDIT: Though I will say, I hope the day comes where we can get to that point. But America simply dropping "race" would be like India dropping its caste system. It's possible, but it's so ingrained in American culture that it's going to be hard. And that's if we naively assume everyone wants to drop their "ethnicity".
edit on 28-4-2015 by enlightenedservant because: added something because i can. muahahaha!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

How do you describe your dark skinned mates to a total stranger.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

yeah, I guess hopefully in time things do change, its just how we go about it.

I didn't know that about interracial marriages, 1967, wow.

Obama has used the term quite a bit. Just seems wrong to me but what do i know.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Yet, "killer cops" make up for a TINY percent of unlawful deaths.

When the people that are sooooo outraged over "killer cops" start caring about innocent victims in the thousands of gang related murders, the rest of us just might start to care and side with you.

Until then, meh... Burn your towns down and stick it to the man.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

How do you describe your dark skinned mates to a total stranger.

Their name is enough, ive never been asked for a full description of a mate meeting another.

Ok maybe you are that kinda special but an APB report may say something like this'..The missing person was last seen in a white jacket and black jeans, close cropped hair of, fill in the blank.. possible_________descent.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: jessme2
The question that must be asked is this: Do people want the truth and those who are guilty brought before justice and sentenced or where those who caused this problem to simply get off without so much as a mark on their records and a chance to do such to someone again?

As hard as it is, you want them to take their time; you want that investigation to be as thorough as possible. All of the misdeeds need to come to light, and the policies that the police are supposed to follow needs to be brought up to the light. This is what needs to come out. I would rather see a very clear cut investigation, where the DA or the prosecuting attorney has a case where those guilty are going to go to prison, than another botched case, where the guilty walk away.

People are watching, and what do you think is going to happen if the case is botched? It is going to erupt out into violence again.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

"Lol can't even talk about any subject without trying to change it to the same ole tired tea party propaganda huh?????"
------
I didn't know the Constitution was just a tea party thing. Do you not care about the Constitution? We live in a police state that basically does what it wants with impunity. Spy on citizens...check....fight and fund war/dictators...check...failed two party system...check. This should transcend all lines.
edit on 28-4-2015 by JSpader because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

SO, apparently the media made up this story about coming together against cops. The real story is the nation of islam brokered peace so they could have more bodies for peaceful protest FOR ONE DAY. The mayor even acknowledged it as a good thing.

If she heard a rumor that it was so they could better attack or kill policd she would never acknoeledgr it.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

When people get out rage over gang violence and senseless killings, your media is not there, you more than likely don't view or read Black publications where they do post such events, because it's not sexy enough.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

yeah, I guess hopefully in time things do change, its just how we go about it.

I didn't know that about interracial marriages, 1967, wow.

Obama has used the term quite a bit. Just seems wrong to me but what do i know.

No no, you're not in the wrong. You're actually thinking about how it should be. But like I said, it's something that's embedded in American culture. South Carolina still flies the Confederate flag at its state capitol building. And there are still many white supremacist groups like the Aryan Nation that operate freely here. Especially in the Southeastern & Midwestern states (and Indiana and...).

That's why I think it'll take several more generations of each group coming together, living together & being exposed to each other. Unfortunately, many Americans only see people of other ethnicities on tv, in movies, or in sports (as in, in the entertainment business). So they believe the way we're depicted in the entertainment industry is reality. And that just furthers the divisions, suspicions, and stereotypes. (Obviously I'm talking about America outside of its major cities.)

Fun fact: Most major American universities didn't even allow "black" students until between the 1950s & 1970s, depending on the school. So when you see American football or basketball teams with "black" athletes, remember that this is recent history. We still have HBCUs here (Historically Black Colleges & Universities), because racial integration was never completed. The first racially integrated school my parents attended was college. And this was while the Civil Rights movement was still going on.
edit on 28-4-2015 by enlightenedservant because: syntax in the 1st paragraph was a bit ridiculous. not sure what happened there but i blame aliens

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join