It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rival Gangs Enter Partnership to Assassinate Baltimore Police Officers (updated 3x)

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
Historically Baltimore has always been a rough place, at the start of the civil war the people of Baltimore attacked northern troops and troop trains passing through the city, for the remainder of the war all the troops and troop trains had to make a detour around the city.

This is the first "big city" rioting in response to police brutality, isn`t it?
all this unrestrained police brutality keeps creating bigger and bigger "fires"

Leading the weak minded to slaughter. I understand that much.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

What about those of us who have had a business in the city for well over 3 decades? Are we idiots?

My family weathered riots in NYC before....Get a gun and stand in front, park your car in front so they cant drive another car into your metal screen.

My dad stood in front of our liquor store during the Washington heights riots in NYC in 92..... with his 38 special in his waist, a butcher knife in hand and some employees with the same. We will be there for a couple more decades as well. Riots or not. THAT is OUR community too. I dont see the point in just abandoning your home or what you work for.

Would you just leave your home?

No. You fight for it.

Perhaps that is the point of this entire event.

The people involved, in whatever capacity, are fighting for what is sacred to them. For some it is their business that they have worked hard to build. For others it is the injustice they feel has been pushed upon them.

No matter what, I feel this has to happen. We need people to fight for what they believe, in hope that it forces a change in either the mindset of the idiotic masses, or a change in the system that creates these sorts of problems.
edit on 27-4-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Vortiki

This is how I see the whole situation, manipulators, and instigators that played on the simple minded, followed by a group of so call leaders that while sitting in nice suits during funeral services were not asking for everybody to calm down until it was too late, a mayor that knew what it was coming but let the rioters "vent" out their frustration until it was out of control, now she is letting the rioters, instigators and manipulators due more damaging during the night to have something done tomorrow.

Poor, tactics and leadership.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

What about those of us who have had a business in the city for well over 3 decades? Are we idiots?

My family weathered riots in NYC before....Get a gun and stand in front, park your car in front so they cant drive another car into your metal screen.

My dad stood in front of our liquor store during the Washington heights riots in NYC in 92..... with his 38 special in his waist, a butcher knife in hand and some employees with the same. We will be there for a couple more decades as well. Riots or not. THAT is OUR community too. I dont see the point in just abandoning your home or what you work for.

No. You fight for it.

The people involved, in whatever capacity, are fighting for what is sacred to them. For some it is their business that they have worked hard to build. For others it is the injustice they feel has been pushed upon them.

No matter what, I feel this has to happen. We need people fight for what they believe in the hopes that it forces a change in either the mindset of the idiotic masses, or a change in the system that creates these sorts of problems.

Their message lost any credibility when they hurt innocent people and burned down buildings. Now I just want them to pay.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

No. You fight for it.

No matter what, I feel this has to happen. We need people fight for what they believe in the hopes that it forces a change in either the mindset of the idiotic masses, or a change in the system that creates these sorts of problems.

Their message lost any credibility when they hurt innocent people and burned down buildings. Now I just want them to pay.

I'll fight them.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

No. You fight for it.

I'll fight them.

I'd fight for what I believe as well. But are you certain what you fight for is right? Are you certain what you fight for is virtuous?

That is the question.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

No. You fight for it.

I'll fight them.

I'd fight for what I believe as well. But are you certain what you fight for is right? Are you certain what you fight for is virtuous?

That is the question.

I'll fight for peace and quiet. I'm tired of the crying. I'm tired of the entitled thinking the world owes them something. You don't want the police shooting you, don't run. Don't commit crime. I'm also tired of being the blame in their race baiting bull#. Yeah, I'll fight.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I agree, when protest turn into rioting, mayhem, chaos, destruction and injury is not longer a protest is now nothing but criminal actions and I expect all those involved to be brought to justice.

Burning and destruction is not justice but lawlessness.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

YEAH MAN. It was a tough working class neighborhood then and is now.

My dad held it down for 6 days of rioting. He weathered the crack wars during the 80s and 90s and the mess that followed. It was the area and community that gave us our daily bread. If we pulled out we would not have a home for over 40 years now. We would be transient.

The riots lasted for six days and cops drove around in riot gear and responded to LESS violent streets. Only when other cops were in trouble did they get out of their vans. The community itself was the one who ended the riots. My dad included.

People shot at police helicopters at cop cars, and each other. The businesses mostly are the same as the ones before the riots because they were working class people who stood their ground. They knew the rioters and convinced them to keep walking.

People were ripped from cars and beaten, businesses were looted and burned....buildings were set on fire. You had roaming gangs of 200 people in some cases.

When the riots stopped, since people stayed, the community recovered.

I dont know if its possible now, though the neighborhood was WORSE in the 90s than now. I would try.

You cant always run. Thats how places like Harlem become what they become.

NOW? Washington heights has yuppies and hipsters moving in paying crazy rent and property value is sky rocketing....because we built up the community and protected our community. People need to protect their homes or something like a riot can leave it a crap hole for decades if not permanently.

The same people who build up a community need to defend it. In our case, working class immigrants were the community. Rioters and owners /residents....both. Guess who won?

edit on 4 27 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I can agree.

But what do you do when you stop running, don't commit crimes......yet you are still focused-on and brutalized because of the POLICY that is in place?

That POLICY goes well beyond race. It's about what we, as Americans, allow our peace officers do when on the job.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

No. You fight for it.

Pls name a credible uprising with violence that no innocent people or property were hurt.
If you say non violence then yes but if so, then does that mean on a wider and greater scale America ( TpTb) abandoned all forms of violence.
Are we good with that or as you say fight em, which implies violence.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Just got home from work. Have any citizens fought back at all?

Ridiculous! I hope we would fight for our own in my neck of the woods.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I agree, when protest turn into rioting, mayhem, chaos, destruction and injury is not longer a protest is now nothing but criminal actions and I expect all those involved to be brought to justice.

Burning and destruction is not justice but lawlessness.

I did try to integrate when they forced diversity down my throat. The problem was the other side that wanted my blood for being white. I didn't just form an opinion on this, it came from 20 years in Detroit and 5 in LA. I can't turn the other cheek anymore. It's not healthy for my family. I can't tell you how think but in all out honesty, don't start none and there won't be none. Meet me half way before we do destroy each other. If you are counting on me sitting on my hands while my world comes crashing down you'll be waiting a long time. I'll defend my way of life to the death. I can't change your mind or fix the media's hate fill message and I feel I have no choice but to arm myself in the event of more civil unrest.

This isn't just my thoughts. There's a whole lots of us who are fed up. Speak your grievances without the innocent paying for your stance. Find a better way before you dig your own graves. I don't want to be in a world of # anymore. i want to take it back.
edit on 27-4-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
live feeds dont show much going on...everybody go home?
seems they got tired and left.
off your soap boxes boys..it might be over.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51

That would be good news.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

There's one car burning in the middle of a street. Every helicopter and news organization is zoomed in on it while exclaiming "Baltimore is burning tonight!". The news media is as whacko as the rioters.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I worked in the welfare office for 15 years. My clients were facing eviction for non payment of rent, their power was off or scheduled to be off but they consistently had the latest and greatest phone and their cable bills were paid. Priorities.....

link   

I'll fight for peace and quiet. I'm tired of the crying. I'm tired of the entitled thinking the world owes them something. You don't want the police shooting you, don't run.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness
These are^^ are the entitlement guaranteed to all.
play close attention to the " Life and Liberty " part.
Sorry but the natives are restless and may disturb your peace and quiet with the poundings of their war drums if they felt the above "entitlements" does not apply to them.
edit on 27-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

link   
"Welcome to the jungle, we got fun 'n' games."

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

There's one car burning in the middle of a street. Every helicopter and news organization is zoomed in on it while exclaiming "Baltimore is burning tonight!". The news media is as whacko as the rioters.

ya i noticed that too.
seems to be the only excitement.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join