It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rival Gangs Enter Partnership to Assassinate Baltimore Police Officers (updated 3x)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

I agree, I been hearing in the news that 1000 cops and equipment will be heading for Baltimore tonight, I am soo sad about the entire thing in Baltimore, but I have no pity on the rioters.

I am no fan of the police, but what is going on in Baltimore is beyond protest now.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
a reply to: marg6043

Yeah this could get very ugly after the sun goes down. Hopefully it being a Monday night might cut down on the chaos, but I doubt it. ~$heopleNation

Yep. They just "postponed" the baseball game at Camden Yards, according to The Baltimore Orioles twitter account. Probably a smart move.

edit on 27-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

Looting is going on in Baltimore as we speak... and the cops are letting them. This is our future.

Yeah my two friends are Oakland cops out here in California. You wouldn't believe the stories, but I agree that you can't just allow mobs of people to violently attack others and destroy public property.

It's absolute insanity to just allow it to happen, and sit by and do nothing. It's a double edged sword, but the Law must be enforced in a civilized society. This is only going to get worse as time goes on. Apparently they are attacking fire fighters as well. ~$heopleNation

link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

It's not that they dont have the resources...they dont have the will.

In the current environment what police officer is going to put himself in a position where he may have to use deadly force and face the onslought of media scrutiny by the talking heads?

This is so much bs I cannot even begin to express my feelings here.

There is a national discourse on police use of deadly force.

Why is there not a similar discourse about those who are criminals? Those who resist arrest? Those who run from the police?

Why is there not a single finger pointed at a segment of our society who INSIST on behaving in antisocial manner? Why is there no discourse regarding the segment of our society who have no problems with looting and destroying property? Why is there no discourse about a segment of our society who INSIST on responding to virtually every conflict with violence or the threat of violence?

Oh...sorry, that would not be PC. That would be truthful, but not PC.

If we cannot be honest with ourselves.....

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

It has been protest all over the nation but it has been so far, organized, what is going on right now is nothing but lawlessness and stupidity and somebody or some group are feeding all this.

It doesn't need to be fed, this is opportunistic crime, identical to what started in London after the Mark Duggan shooting.
You just need to see what happened there, the protest gave way to looting, which then moved to arson, which then spread across the country.

This is a combination of opportunity and outnumbered police, if it doesn't stop through pleas from the family and community leaders the government will have to take action with National Guard.

And just as I write this, they've set the looted CVS pharmacy on fire.

Can I say now "told you so"?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
According to several tweeters today's riot started with a high school walkout which police had been alerted to from following twitter... they showed up in riot gear.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: windwordYep. They just "postponed" the baseball game at Camden Yards, according to The Baltimore Orioles twitter account. Probably a smart move.

Yeah I hear you. Or a bad move when angry baseball fans hit the streets.

~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Exactly what I was thinking... Well put.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Swear that this stuff is all set up by agent provocateurs to justify the Iron Fist response.

Derek

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

originally posted by: windwordYep. They just "postponed" the baseball game at Camden Yards, according to The Baltimore Orioles twitter account. Probably a smart move.

Yeah I hear you. Or a bad move when angry baseball fans hit the streets.

~$heopleNation

They should have made that announcement on Saturday.
They knew they would need all policing resource for emergency deployment, and a sporting event is absolutely not a priority.
Anything non-essential requiring policing should have been canceled already - bad planning and terrible crisis management.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Another sad fact is that Baltimore is just the place for this type of thing to start.....the gangs mentioned are across the country...guessing a call to arms has gone out to all of them and not just Baltimore....likely we will hear of other credible threats in the coming days stemming from Baltimore.

They are completely unconnected tho. There is NO inferstructure in the bloods and crips. No social leadership. If this gets started it will be from the media telling the various chapters that this is the case.

I grew up around GD's in central MS. So I know the broad strokes of gang life in America.

First off there are 2 kinds of black American street gangs. There are:

Gangs: no inferstructure no leadership above the "neighborhood level, mainly a neighborhood group that can be as organized or disorganized as the leader of that particular group. No backing from outside of the state unless it's a family member. No universal rules they follow.

Examples= bloods, crips

Organizations: have an inferstructure, have national leadership. Have universal rules, however these still are based on the neighborhood level. Whith little or no national intervention or instruction past before mentioned laws and such.

Examples= gangsta diciples, vice lords, simon city royals, Latin kings, black gangsta diciples.

Neither (even in the smart phone age) has anything ressembling a real inferstructure like the cartels.

If a vice lord gets arrested, there is no high priced "gang" lawyer being sent by the home office. There is no home office..but I guess it's theoretically possible for one of the organizations to make a nationwide or city wide declaration.

However, the "gangs" like bloods and crips (the ones mentioned) have no leadership, on evern a city wide basis, to order anything. They are 100% owned and operated neighborhood to neighborhood and have no alliances between bloods or crips from different areas.

So in short, this is a fake story! A story made up by some one with so little knowledge of black gang culture, they chose the wrong patseies.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Viesczy
Swear that this stuff is all set up by agent provocateurs to justify the Iron Fist response.

Derek

That's a hell of a lot of "provocateurs".

I can agree when it's one or two people in a protest, but this is hundreds, if not thousands, of people. No one is "making" them loot. This is ALL on them.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
According to several tweeters today's riot started with a high school walkout which police had been alerted to from following twitter... they showed up in riot gear.

so a bunch of teens wanted to protest and they expected a riot? see that is the whole problem. I will be blatant and call it like I see it. If a bunch of WHITE kids wanted to walk out of a high school, I doubt if the cops would show up in riot gear. It's like every justifiable form of protest was not given attention, but the authorities themselves behaved in a manner that steered things directly to where they ended up. This IS about race AND about police brutality, and when enough people from ALL walks of life get together and see it and decide to do something about it, things will change, but not until then. Until then, this will be used as an excuse for a ramping up of the Police State. And THAT was and is the real intent all along..steering people into WANTING 'security', no matter what the cost.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I agree, you are right arson is the worst it can happen and that is exactly what it feeds more violence.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Derek

I can agree when it's one or two people in a protest, but this is hundreds, if not thousands, of people. No one is "making" them loot. This is ALL on them.

You are right! No one is "making" them loot, thats not how it works, but Mass Hysteria and Collective Obsessional Behavior accurately describes how provocateurs can cause madness like this.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jessme2
so a bunch of teens wanted to protest and they expected a riot? see that is the whole problem. I will be blatant and call it like I see it. If a bunch of WHITE kids wanted to walk out of a high school, I doubt if the cops would show up in riot gear.

Come on now, lets not be completely silly. Some of the language those kids were using were direct threats of violence and destruction. If you start announcing that you and your gang of hundreds are going to tear up your own neighborhood you should expect to see a response.

I support the protests, but these kids were being kids and promoting violence, not organizing a protest, that's why the police showed up in riot gear.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I agree, they need to get a tight grip on the looting, as with here in the UK, opportunity spread like a virus to those that saw other people getting away with it and it spreads.

Such a shame they set fire to the CVS store, feel sorry for those that use it every day in the community, apparently it was new and they fought hard to get it built there in the first place.

The rioters were seen on camera a few seconds later, further up the street looting what looked like a small privately owned foods store. There was a person in the flat above it opening their window to look at the scene below, hope they don't fire that too.
edit on 27-4-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2015 by ProleUK because: phone

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rotation

Derek

You are right! No one is "making" them loot, thats not how it works, but Mass Hysteria and Collective Obsessional Behavior accurately describes how provocateurs can cause madness like this.

So throw out personal responsibility and free will entirely, someone else is to blame?
Sorry, but that's a lame excuse and I doubt it's gonna fly with anyone here, even those of us who understand and support the protests.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jessme2

Yeah... still not condoning destruction but it amazes me the apathy/racism/classism that rears it's ugly head during these things. I think the racists participating in the circle jerk better wake up real quick because it's become clear now that this reaction isn't going away until the system that they keep reinforcing, changes.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

They should have made that announcement on Saturday.
They knew they would need all policing resource for emergency deployment, and a sporting event is absolutely not a priority.
Anything non-essential requiring policing should have been canceled already - bad planning and terrible crisis management.

I think this today started from some high school students tweeting about rioting. Twitter seems to be fueling a lot of this just like the media.

They are throwing bottles at the Fire Engines. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join