It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian hackers accessed Obama’s email in ‘worrisome’ White House hit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
All I can say is "Ha! How does it feel?"

After years of reporting that Obama approved of the monitoring of European leaders and their private cell phone conversations, the approval of the IRS attacking Tea Party members, the whole Hillary and Benghazi scandal and the Sony email hack, it seems the tables turned.

Russian hackers accessed Obama’s email in ‘worrisome’ White House hit president-barack-obama Last year, hackers hit the unclassified computer network of the White House, accessing in the process the email correspondence between President Obama and some of the people he emails, or used to email frequently, The New York Times reports. Initially, the White House did not disclose this detail, and it’s not clear what kind of sensitive data has been stolen in the processes, but the Times learned the hack has been “more intrusive and worrisome” than publicly acknowledged.

Now that this is out in the open, how much did Putin know? Did Obama email his views on Iran and Netanyahu?

Even though the attack, which is now believed to originate from Russia, has scored access to the President’s emails, it looks like hackers were not able to penetrate the secure servers that manage Obama’s email. Instead, they accessed the emails of various people from the White House who are constantly emailing with him.

How soon does this show up on Wikileaks?

The White House apparently decided against publicly naming Russia as the main suspect behind the “complex and artful intrusion into the government,” as the Times calls the attack. This wasn’t the case with the Sony attacks last December, when officials attributed responsibility for the hack to North Korea. This time around, however, federal investigators concluded that “it’s not in our best interest” to make such revelations, as to avoid tipping off the Russians about what has been learned during the investigation.

OH, so it is in the interest of national security NOW? You mean that hacking and surveilling everyone else was just fun and games, but when it comes to his own emails, then don't talk about it?

The Russians know, Putin knows, the investigators are not hiding anything from the Russians. Not in our best interest, or Obama's best interest?

Source

edit on 4/27/2015 by tothetenthpower because: Mod Edit - Added Source

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Obama's emails have been hacked, yet I have had people tell me that Hillary Clinton's emails on her home brew server could not have been hacked.
Yeah, right.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Perhaps the white house should be more concerned about the company whos product they're using and the person who administers it.

Oh wait,, Software use is used without warranty and guarantees and free from liability, that's the same rights WE consumers get... slap it into ya. hahahaha

edit on 27-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Could you post a link to the source, please?

Thank you!!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Could you post a link to the source, please?

Thank you!!

Oh sorry, I thought I had...

Russians Hack Obama email

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Here is a link to a story in ABC News. Link

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Russian hackers accessed Obama’s email in ‘worrisome’ White House hit

Which is roughly the same as....

NSA spies on American citizens emails and internet searches in worrisome taxpayer hit

Hows that medicine taste Mr US Gubmint?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Thanks, Butcherguy!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I miss the old cloak and dagger days where spies actually got caught breaking into file cabinets, taking pics of documents and hiding microfilm in Pumpkins.

Pssst… they were lying back then, too.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Having read the OPs story from the link provided, the WH admins use 2 systems, one for classified docs and one for unclassified. Did Hillary? I wonder if Russia has what Hillary says is wiped. Hmmmm....

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Having read the OPs story from the link provided, the WH admins use 2 systems, one for classified docs and one for unclassified. Did Hillary? I wonder if Russia has what Hillary says is wiped. Hmmmm....

Maybe the Russians hacked it and then wiped it?

Blackmail.....what a wonderful diplomatic maneuver.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I can almost visualize Hillary's head exploding learning that Putin has found her Email's and is sending a copy via Wikileaks :>)
edit on 27-4-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I wonder why they believe "originated from Russia"? That's a bold statement. It only costs $8 per month for a decent Russian VPN, and obviously the user could be based anywhere in the world. Makes me think they have some sort of keyboard layout detecting software, but then again that will only tell you the language of the hacker, who again could be based anywhere.

I think it's more BS propaganda to immediately pin this on Russia. You simply can't be that sure with todays tech. Hackers aren't stupid. Especially hackers who target the WH.

EDIT: Unless of course, all evidence leads to the hackers being from Belarus, in which case the WH can say, "Yep, definitely Russia!"
edit on 27-4-2015 by socketdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I can almost visualize Hillary's head exploding learning that Putin has found her Email's and is sending a copy via Wikileaks :>)

Think how much those would be worth if someone decided to sell them to the highest bidder.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I Guess the Obama Administration will be having another 'Russian Reset' on their passwords.
edit on 27-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Pretty sure you can hire a private security firm to make secure servers. Probably much much better than what the government uses.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

As far as I know, it is all conjecture at this point.... since we only have the scant details that Hillary has put out, even so... we have to imagine that she is telling the truth about it.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

As far as I know, it is all conjecture at this point.... since we only have the scant details that Hillary has put out, even so... we have to imagine that she is telling the truth about it.

We can imagine that she was sitting in a g-string watching the last season of NCIS, eating Jeno's Pizza Rolls, while emailing her BFF about how people are mean.

Or we could imagine she was telling the truth....

In the realm of imagination, anything is possible.

ETA: let's just not imagine she got it on webcam during a Skype session.
edit on 4/27/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Wait do you think she is the only politician that hides secrets? Did dick Cheney save his emails? Condi Rice? How about the memo for Iran Contra were they all saved? Watergate? Please just more useless banter.

Truth is there is no political system. Its an oligarchy. Just look at the billions of special interests involved.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I would love to sit down and share a glass with you some day. That was brilliant! Thanks for the laugh. This kind of stuff where one blames the other is the bread and butter of spy stuff. Loved your spin on it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join