It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Announced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The latest COD: Black Ops game has been announced and a trailer released. I still haven't finished the first one, and have the second one in my Steam library, but after watching the trailer for the third installment, I must admit the graphics look extremely impressive and the game looks like a lot of fun. Interesting that it will not be released on last generation consoles - could this be a sign that they are slowly phasing out support for the Xbox 360/PS3?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

I would say that's highly likely, yea. Within the next couple of years I expect fewer and fewer games to drop on the "last gen" consoles.

I got the email this morning with the release info but haven't watched it yet. Looks pretty dark I would say. Could be interesting, especially if it's still in the same arc as the others (is it? I have no idea).

Personally I can't wait to see how ridiculous the next iteration of Mass Effect looks on next gen.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Call Of Duty has been ruined since they started using futuristic game play. It will never be like the days of Modern Warfare or the World at War. I will not be buying the new one, no way.

Battlefield all the way, though Hard Line is kind of crap and not worth the money. I should have waited till it was half price and had been updated because the game play seems slow and unfinished.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
well it's about time new games are not released for the previous generation.
those things have been around for over a decade at this point, it's time they go. People got their money's worth.
As for the game, well i think i will have to "convert" to CoD since the battlefield series is pretty much a joke thanks to EA's habit of taking a dump on franchises.
So who knows, we might frag each other there when the time comes

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Man, I haven't played a COD game since the first Black Ops came out, the Vietnam war/MK Ultra one.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The last PS2 game was FIFA14 so support for last gen consoles could go on for some time yet.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
well it's about time new games are not released for the previous generation.
those things have been around for over a decade at this point, it's time they go. People got their money's worth.
As for the game, well i think i will have to "convert" to CoD since the battlefield series is pretty much a joke thanks to EA's habit of taking a dump on franchises.
So who knows, we might frag each other there when the time comes

I bummed COD for years, then I played Battlefield 4 a year after its release and never looked back. I bought Hardline but was very disappointed with that and I'm back playing Battlefield 4 until Hardline is sorted out.

BF>COD, all day everyday.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK
Call Of Duty has been ruined since they started using futuristic game play. It will never be like the days of Modern Warfare or the World at War. I will not be buying the new one, no way.

Battlefield all the way, though Hard Line is kind of crap and not worth the money. I should have waited till it was half price and had been updated because the game play seems slow and unfinished.

Totally sums up my views.
All of these Jet Packs and exoskeletons are just crap.... they're gimmicks to hide the terrible gameplay.

As you said, MW or WaW or even Black Ops... they were good.

I agree on BF too... BF3 was by far my fav but also had BFBC on the 360 too.
Hardline is OK and I play it a bit but it's not great... far better than COD though.

edit on 27/4/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Call of Duty hasn't been good since Infinity Ward stopped making them. I gave up after MW3. Battlefield on the other hand is sick!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

CoD and Halo were always my go to shooters over the last say ten years or so but recently the CoD games have gone to the future or at least the future they deem as happening and it just doesn't fit. I prefer the earlier games World at War being the top of the entire series. Halo is starting to become the same thing with it being pulled apart and shoved in our faces, I think it would be more of a shock to have the games gone for a year or two to give us a break and would then love LOVE for them to go back and do a WW2 game.

I would like to add I was not someone who moaned about CoD always being set in the second world war, I thought if done right could help teach people about problems during that time but that was just me.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Add me people; LeonGibKilledU - XboxOne

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

so BF4 is a good deal now? i remember the mess at launch that's why i never upgraded from bf3, but the number of players is obviously low after all this time.
I need to satisfy my fps needs so if it's stable i might put down the cash

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
a reply to: n00bUK

so BF4 is a good deal now? i remember the mess at launch that's why i never upgraded from bf3, but the number of players is obviously low after all this time.
I need to satisfy my fps needs so if it's stable i might put down the cash

bf4 is ace, get playing

edit on 28-4-2015 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
These Call Of Duty games have been so recycled over the years that its just not fun anymore to play them. I will give that Black Ops ones were the best and most fun. But by now, I really hope they bring something new and fun to the table because for me at least these games have been done to death.

Really the only shooter I am looking forward to now is the upcoming Halo one. I dont even have a X-Box, but if the game is good will seriously think on getting one. But not to sure on Black Ops 3, I admit I will probably get it because a lot of people I know play that game and in that respect its still fun. But gameplay wise its lost its luster long ago, and if they dont really do something new, its going to bomb big time.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Looks pretty good. Blazing fast, kind of has a Crackdown feel to it.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Man, I haven't played a COD game since the first Black Ops came out, the Vietnam war/MK Ultra one.

That's pretty much where my COD playing years ended to. MW 2 was by far my favorite title though, and the first Blops coming in second.

To me it feels like COD just got boring after awhile, and I don't really see any major incentives in the new titles to warrant another $60 atleast every year. Come to think of it, I haven't really been as much into FPS multiplayer gamers lately as I used to be. Maybe I've played too much of them over the years and my gaming self needs a break from them. Looking in my steam library and the only FPS multiplayer there is CS:GO. I still play that maybe once every few weeks or so. Aside from that, the last major FPS that I bought and played was BF 4 I think. 100's of hours on that, but havent played like 10 or so months.

I guess the only 2 major FPS multiplayer games Im looking forward to this year are Rainbow Six : Siege and also Star Wars Battlefront.

I do have my reservations about the new Battlefront after reading what will/will not be in the game which I posted a ton about in that games thread. Im also a bit worried that the new Rainbow 6 may be a let down to. (atleast from what Ive seen in the alpha gameplay, but I really hope those issues just are because it's still in alpha)

ETA - I think the COD franchise would still retain the burnt out players like me and a few others that have already posted, if they didnt recycle the same game over and over every single year. Instead of doing it yearly and making a few minor changes here and there, why not try to wait a few more years and add a ton of new things? (hint hint Activision - look at how well GTA 5 went)
edit on 30-4-2015 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join