It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is the CO2 Coming From?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: rickymouse
Yup. But both are vastly overwhelmed by the amount of CO2 produced by the combustion of fossil fuels.

Well not all are bad for example the US had actually decreased it's carbon footprint. Burning more natural gas instead of coal. The problem is even if US decreases theirs other countries are increasing theirs. Look at developing nations they are going to far exceed any cuts the west can do. So in the end we better come up with a very cheap form of energy other than fossil. Or we need to build some giant scrubbers other that that there isn't any choices left.

I've always assumed global warming is a forgone conclusion though wasn't until this week I've ever looked into it. We have no out on this it's going to happen.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Ah, I see

They can make Jet Fuel:

www.gizmag.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
There is no simple solution and the fact is, for all practical purposes, it's too late to stop what's happening. The best we can do is slow the rate of warming toward the end of this century and to prepare for the changes which will be occurring. As to what happens in the next century, what we do (or don't) do now will have a real impact. But humans don't seem to be very good at working for something that doesn't show immediate results.

edit on 4/27/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Ya we really should do nothing and just keep things the way they are.
That doesn't put money in any ones pockets, cause that is why any change is bad right?

Cause the only reason it is happening is to get people rich?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You are right about developing nations.

But with the technology breakthroughs in just the last decade, I believe refining the technologies will cause a sudden shift if desired.

As with all technology, once mass produced and refined, becomes cost effective.

Now, if you can only stop the Mega Corps and Governments from suppressing or buying up the technology before it comes to fruition in order to get their coveted "Carbon Credit Scam" implemented.

Biomass + Carbon Capture Could Drastically Reduce Pollution, Making ‘Carbon Negative’ Power System A Possibility By 2050 In Western US, New Research Finds

cleantechnica.com... s-new-research-finds/
edit on 27-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

There is no simple solution and the fact is, for all practical purposes, it's too late to stop what's happening. The best we can do is slow the rate of warming toward the end of this century and to prepare for the changes which will be occurring. As to what happens in the next century, what we do (or don't) do now will have a real impact. But humans don't seem to be very good at working for something that doesn't show immediate results.

Well people are part of the I'm going to get mine generation. Let the next foot the bill. I guess it's human nature.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Or just leave the trees alone and give them time to grow back, i mean your suggestions sounds like "cut down the trees and build a plastic world to substitute".

But i'm sure the ideas are usable in some form and probably is going to be used if allowed.

Btw. Aren't studies like that partially funded by the Carbon tax, the thing you call a "scam" ?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I guess it's human nature.

(1971)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya we really should do nothing and just keep things the way they are.
That doesn't put money in any ones pockets, cause that is why any change is bad right?

Cause the only reason it is happening is to get people rich?

No, we should do the right things and not implement a freeking money scam for wall street and for government controls and taxation which does nothing to solve the problem.

How hard is that to understand?

www.redd-monitor.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Damn! Snap! Got me there.. but it's not all there yet.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

Or just leave the trees alone and give them time to grow back, i mean your suggestions sounds like "cut down the trees and build a plastic world to substitute".

But i'm sure the ideas are usable in some form and probably is going to be used if allowed.

Btw. Aren't studies like that partially funded by the Carbon tax, the thing you call a "scam" ?

Where in the hell did I mention anything about cutting down trees?

And no, there are no national carbon taxes in the U.S.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Where in the hell did I mention anything about cutting down trees?

You didn't, You were answering my post about deforestation with what sounded like substitutes for the missing trees.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Correct., no immediate results. Time. Us dumb a$$ humans will get it right ( nope nature will ). we really need too! Otherwise.. poof! Another virus eradicated! Blue or red?
Look guys I really got lots to read! I have to log off... my respect to Phage! And everyone who had an opinion ..

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

So we just need to hope the fossil fuel guys will just up and change their ways on their own?

If only it rained lemon drops and malt balls, oh what a day that would be.

Question, do you think wall street and the gov doesn't make any money off how we are currently going about this issue?

edit on thMon, 27 Apr 2015 02:24:35 -0500America/Chicago420153580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Ah,

I like trees

Especially fruit trees. And they produce food!

Win / Win

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I had no idea burning fossil fuels created CO2. Thank you Universitat Heidelberg Archives.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So we just need to hope the fossil fuel guys will just up and change their ways on their own?

If only it rained lemon drops and malt balls, oh what a day that would be.

Question, do you think wall street and the gov doesn't make any money off how we are currently going about this issue?

LOL, the Carbon Credit Scam is the largest thing since derivatives! Expected 1 trillion a year! (guess who pays for that added cost of doing business?)

www.greenchipstocks.com...
Carbon Market Potential

Carbon Market Potential According to a recent New York Times article, carbon trading is one of the "fastest-growing specialties in financial services." And companies are scrambling to get a slice of a market now worth well over 100 billion and that could grow to $1 trillion within a decade. The article, "In London's Financial World, Carbon Trading Is the New Big Thing," goes on: "Carbon will be the world's biggest commodity market, and it could become the world's biggest market over all."

Why do you think they are pushing constantly for the Carbon Credit Scam. It is the biggest thing to hit wall street and the banks. They don't give a rats ass about the environment or actually reducing carbon emissions. They want this money maker.

I say "to hell with them" and their corrupt carbon credit scam.

www.fern.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This is a very technical presentation from a physicist that shows that the human component of co2 is so small it makes it a moot issue .
I am with those that see it as a scam to grab more money out of the system and keep the beast that is wall street going to feed the 1%

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

My "aim" is to show that, despite what deniers claim, there is very strong evidence that the observed increase in atmospheric CO2 is due to the combustion of fossil fuels.

Good luck. It won't make any difference. Just wait for the Youtube videos by "experts" that will contrdict what you have stated.

I'm afraid denial has won. We are doomed to a warming world and most people really have no idea what the global consequences of a couple of degrees makes. Their comprehension is limited to the heat in their house or their back garden between summer and winter !!!! Look at the reaction to the heavy snowfalls in the US and all the jealous kids here in Scotland wearing t-shirts instead !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse
Yup. But both are vastly overwhelmed by the amount of CO2 produced by the combustion of fossil fuels.

But when adding the fires and deforestation to the total it makes it worse. But fires are natural occurrances while the burning of extreme amounts of fossil fuels isn't.

The carbon from a woodstove is bound to soot most times if the unit is not too efficient. It winds up settling to the earth and slowly releasing CO2. Now the catalytic converters on our cars make the exhaust contain mostly CO2. They are designed to change carbon monoxide and other hydrocarbons to CO2.

You have to drive to the stores nowadays, the big supermarkets, far from most homes, are all we seem to have. The whole direction of society is wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join