It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents furious after middle school strip searches teenage girls

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
And even if he was on duty, they are supposed to call in a female officer to do these type of searches. But in todays world where boys are girls and girls are boys, I guess it just doesnt freaking matter anymore...

edit on 4/27/2015 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

If I'm not mistaken the security guards at Serrano junior high are off duty police and sheriff officers

I honestly don't know, but if it's anything like past schools my daughter has attended, I'd say that's more than likely. And I would think off-duty can't write a ticket? Can they? As an off ticket officer? I would think you have to be on duty for that.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Yep.. like I said. A female sworn in officer should have conducted this.

Security ( non coercive ) a real LEO ( coercive ) in this very sensitive case.. a female officer of the law.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

If I'm not mistaken the security guards at Serrano junior high are off duty police and sheriff officers

I honestly don't know, but if it's anything like past schools my daughter has attended, I'd say that's more than likely. And I would think off-duty can't write a ticket? Can they? As an off ticket officer? I would think you have to be on duty for that.

Not in all cases. This guy was security.. not a sex act.. but still wrong. I went there

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...
edit on 27-4-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: skunkape23
I'm glad these were not my daughters.
There would be no lawsuit involved.
There would be blood.

From here as well. I'm on of those who can take a lot of crap, but mess with my kid and the Irish Hungarian comes out and you do NOT want to meet her!

Once they get the Irish up in you.....if is mothertruckin game the flock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would assist in the epic justice beatdown!!!!!!

These motherfathets need a good old fashioned country are whooping!!!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: Anyafaj

OK I'll play both ways here.. first off! That security guard is a perv! The guy should have notified the parents and local law.. ( local female cop ) to do the search...
What separates security vs. Real law enforcement is.... wait for it... use of coercive force.!

Next.. drugs were found. So thanks to a perverted twist of events. Two girls will walk free. ( personally I don't care if it was marijuana.. but they were to young to be in possession .. )

So now I look at the parents.. why was THAT OK?

But no seriously. What a perverted dumb@$$..

Edit: one of the girls had possession..

It does say in the OP that in an empty medicine bottle she had less than a gram. But it ALSO says that the girl refused to sign to sign anything admitting it was hers and that the bag was out of her possession for an unknown amount of time. Here is what I think about that.

1. What CHILD, after being sexually harassed (strip searched) and humiliated, is going to have the pretense of mind to deny it is hers AND refuse to sign, if it was really hers. I think refusing to sign shows mental fortitude and I'm surprised a female that young, having just been humiliated, would have the fortitude to do that - if she was in fact guilty. Therefore, I think she was probably not guilty.

2. These adults HAD TO KNOW they were wrong. So when they didn't find anything, it was planted to 'justify' if such a thing is even possible, their search. After all, why would the bag have been allowed out of her possession?

3. What kids that young wouldn't just say "OK it's in my bag" to avoid being STRIP SEARCHED? They would have confessed under threat of strip search to avoid it, had the pot been theirs.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
Yeah but apparently the War on Drugs takes precedent over our young female's privacy, self respect, and their right to feel safe at school without the fear of being violated. Apparently they believe we must eliminate All illegal drugs By All Means Necessary. If they have to strip search teens, so be it. If they have to bust down your door inbthe middle of the night and blow your head off, so be it. If they have to kill your dog, so be it. Etc Etc Etc... How long will it be before teachers or principals or "Paul Blart the security guard" are doing full cavity searches on minors?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Not in all cases. This guy was security.. not a sex act.. but still wrong. I went there

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

I think I'm confused. (It happens often, so...) These girls went to school in San Bernardino, CA. Not Pittsburgh. (Though I live about 40 minutes away from Pitt, so if you're from the Pitt area, welcome Pittie!)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

Once they get the Irish up in you.....if is mothertruckin game the flock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would assist in the epic justice beatdown!!!!!!

These motherfathets need a good old fashioned country are whooping!!!!!

Ahhh, if you think the Irish are bad, you do NOT want to meet a drunk Hungarian! Yikes my 4'8" Nana could throw down with the best of them and that woman was 88 pounds soaking wet! When that woman was mad, I knew to stay the hell out of the way! My ex eventually learned I will take and take and take and take, but once I'm ticked off, I'm like a soaking wet cat.....SPITTING MAD and anything in my path is fair game! LOL I will use anything, including my nails, teeth, etc..., and I will call you every name under the sun, including a few foreign ones you may not recognize. My ex once thought of calling a priest for an exorcism I was that ticked off. But it only happens on very rare occasions.
edit on 4/27/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: Bigburgh
Yeah but apparently the War on Drugs takes precedent over our young female's privacy, self respect, and their right to feel safe at school without the fear of being violated. Apparently they believe we must eliminate All illegal drugs By All Means Necessary. If they have to strip search teens, so be it.

The worst part about the war on drugs is they dont want to eliminate drugs. The money comes from busting people not trying to actually solve any real problems...IMO.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

It does not require a constitutional scholar to conclude that a nude search of a 13-year-old and 15-year old child is an invasion of constitutional rights.

IMO, the school officials have violated the Fourth Amendment’s ban on unreasonable searches and the parents will win in court.

yours sincerely
An Aussie shaking his head in disgust.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I agree that there should have been a female to do the strip search, but how do we know these girls aren't just lying? I was a little # at times growing up, and it sounds like these girls were little #s too.

They got caught with liquor bottles and weed from this search right?

I don't care if you drink, and I think weed should be legalized, but you shouldn't be doing both at age 13.

Every time someone sues their city/state in the US you are getting taxed. It doesn't matter if you live in that city or state, most cities just borrow more than they give to the Federal government, so what if they just borrow a little more each time....nobody ever has to pay that debt right?

Wrong...you and your kids get to pay that debt, with MAJOR interest.

I was stripped search at a mall when I was 12 when I was with my older sister and some of her friends. I had stolen nothing, and it was especially uncalled for and inappropriate since we were coming out of a girls clothing store. My parents probably could have sued, but if everyone who has a slightly uncomfortable experience went straight to the conclusion they need to sue...our society would cease to exist.

People who sue over this type of # are just looking for a free ride.
edit on 27-4-2015 by c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
A quarter gram of pot? I hope they sue for millions. Stupid war on a plant.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Being fired is the least of their concerns...i suggest they ought to be charged with child molestation and sexual abuse of minors.

'Told to shake her naked breasts in front of a male guard...'...'Had to shake out their pants'...yeah right...commanding 13 and 15 year old children, to stand in front of you naked and shake their breasts is perfectly normal..NOT!

These creeps are paedophiles and should be treated as such under law.

The question now is...how many others have they got away with doing this to, and worse abuses?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

Are you kidding me? Looking for a free ride? These were children! Strip searched by a male security guard and a middle school vice Principal. No, strip searching children in school is not normal. As a matter of fact, if my daughter came home from school telling me something like this, there would be hell to pay in more way than one, not only for the guilty parties, but also for the school and the district themselves. The directly involved parties would be charged with everything I could throw at them, and it still wouldn't be enough to make my daughter feel better about the therapy that she would likely have to go through after an ordeal like this.

The school should have gotten real law enforcement involved if they had reason to believe a law was being broken. A vice Principal and a rent a cop are NOT law enforcement. If a strip search was really deemed necessary, there are certain procedures which MUST be followed, which actual LEO's are properly trained for. Nothing gives any school staff or security guards any right whatsoever to sexually abuse young children like this.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

OK I'll play both ways here.. first off! That security guard is a perv! The guy should have notified the parents and local law.. ( local female cop ) to do the search...
What separates security vs. Real law enforcement is.... wait for it... use of coercive force.!

Next.. drugs were found. So thanks to a perverted twist of events. Two girls will walk free. ( personally I don't care if it was marijuana.. but they were to young to be in possession .. )

So now I look at the parents.. why was THAT OK?

But no seriously. What a perverted dumb@$$..

Edit: one of the girls had possession..

It does say in the OP that in an empty medicine bottle she had less than a gram. But it ALSO says that the girl refused to sign to sign anything admitting it was hers and that the bag was out of her possession for an unknown amount of time. Here is what I think about that.

1. What CHILD, after being sexually harassed (strip searched) and humiliated, is going to have the pretense of mind to deny it is hers AND refuse to sign, if it was really hers. I think refusing to sign shows mental fortitude and I'm surprised a female that young, having just been humiliated, would have the fortitude to do that - if she was in fact guilty. Therefore, I think she was probably not guilty.

2. These adults HAD TO KNOW they were wrong. So when they didn't find anything, it was planted to 'justify' if such a thing is even possible, their search. After all, why would the bag have been allowed out of her possession?

3. What kids that young wouldn't just say "OK it's in my bag" to avoid being STRIP SEARCHED? They would have confessed under threat of strip search to avoid it, had the pot been theirs.

Oh come on now. They are teens on drugs, not 7 yr olds. You honestly believe their "it's not mine" story? As for not just admitting it, who wants a cop to bust them with drugs? I'm sure they didn't think they would be strip searched.

A search was going to happen anyways, especially with females hiding drugs in their bra and other...places. They just went about it wrong.

A very interesting point was brought up though. With so much gender identity issues being talked about today, I wonder if police policy in the future will not make female LEOS search females and males search males because...you know....gender is a social construct yada yada

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: PeachesNCream

Verrry true... If they really wanted to help solve the drug problem (of which cannibus is not a part of) they would increase funding for treatment and detox, more needle exchange programs, more public education... stuff like that. The "methamorphosis" images are very convincing... we just need them in more places. Oh well, the privatized prison industry is Booming!!

Anyway, I'll stop there cause its getting a little off topic.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Well, if you read the full article, you'd know the girls were not lying. The school did not deny it. Instead they pointed out their search policy... which clearly contains provisions against intrusive searches!!

Dont you think they might also think to mention that certain aspects of the girls story Never happened if that were the case? They aren't even denying they did it!!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
One is starting to think allowing your government to be involved with your children is child neglect. Watch your kids and please don't hurt them when they may indubitably mess up.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Well, if you read the full article, you'd know the girls were not lying. The school did not deny it. Instead they pointed out their search policy... which clearly contains provisions against intrusive searches!!

Dont you think they might also think to mention that certain aspects of the girls story Never happened if that were the case? They aren't even denying they did it!!

The only thing the article states is that the 13 yr old told her mother that she left her bag unattended for a period of time and the drugs are not hers. Of course she told her mother that, come on.
edit on 27-4-2015 by BanTv because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join