It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild Mushrooms? Here's a good resource for those interested in learning...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: uwascallywabbit

...knowing about mushrooms will make you a FUN-GUY

Bwuahahaahahaa...That one sent coffee through my nose...

Great thread, Jack -thanks - and the video is decent (if a bit of a yawner in spots). I respect Phage immensely, but on this one I think he needs to lighten up a bit. Over-caution is fine, for him, but I see nothing wrong in teaching yourself through YouTube as there are many scholars and experts sharing their knowledge there -it's a great medium if you just use some common sense and keep your BS meter set on 'high'.

I can't tell you the number of times I've saved tons of money fixing things around the 'ole stead - plumbing, electric, etc., plus gardening, car repair, the list goes on and on... many of these activities could've been dangerous -even life-threatening as well - but I've manged them and completed my tasks or projects with no ill-effects (and learned a lot by just DIY). I don't see how this is much different. Knowledge is power and will keep you and your loved ones alive (or save your life). I see little difference in seeing an expert in person and one who teaches me the exact same thing on a video. There's a reason on-line university classes and MOOC's are becoming so popular. They work, they're reliable, they can reach a lot of people interested in learning. It's not ALL about those moronic Kardashian's out there, you know...

Keep up the good work, fellas (and ladies)!

edit on 4/30/2015 by Outrageo because:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
*pokes head in*

I heard my name *looks around*

I need to find someone that can identify morels, we had a huge wildfire two years ago and I hear they love to grow in areas that have had wildfires.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

nothing else looks quite like a morel

submerge them in saltwater to down the parasites

<< 1  2   >>

join