It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subway removes ham/bacon and offers halal meat after 'strong demand' from Muslims.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

'We put a programme into place in 2007 to ensure that the population demographic is taken into account when new store openings are considered in order that we meet consumer demand in each location.

Subway may taste like #e and you can get a better sarnie in a million places, but at least subway are considering the demographic where the individual store is.

Otherwise one could only assume the store would close through lack of business, the jobs would be lost, the investment would be wasted and you wouldn't be able to buy any kind of sub standard sandwich there.

What's the problem?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
These sort of stories with subway selling halal meat pop up every now and then. Fact is, there are countless of subway stores that are not halal. Only a very few of them are halal. There are far more nonhalal than halal subways.

Some ATSers across the pond will see a few halal subway stores in the UK as some sort of a "takeover" or "invasion"

You want to know what it's like here? You are welcome to come here and have a look. Reading this crap spewed by tabloids every couple months won't do any good. We are here to deny ignorance but some in this thread don't seem to.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

It's just pie in the sky, hoping that people will read an article and analyse the details.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
but at least subway are considering the demographic where the individual store is.

Pandering to religious sensibilities at the expense of animal welfare has never really been a good enough excuse for me. I resent such compromises.

Muslims and Jews need to stop forcing their religious requirements on others. Personally, I will never visit a Subway again as I abhor halal and kosher practices in my food-chain.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

My local asda (Walmart sister) has a butcher section, where they only supply halal meat. In hounslow, it has been colonised by just about every race bar English. In the store I can't even buy lamb...I have to eat mutton. It is a form on product discrimination, appealing to the local community which makes complete business sense. However it completely alienates the people who have not immigrated and wish to remain in their "home town". Cater for the local population, don't alienate British values of freedom of choice.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Fair enough, but then do folk who want pork/non halal or kosher complain?

I've lived in a few areas with large Muslim populations and still do (midlands and north) - my local supermarkets never did this.

Maybe folk need to just speak up?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I don't see there being much difference in being led into an abattoir that stinks of the death of those who went before you and being offed with a captive bolt gun than having your throat slit with a sharp blade.

I reckon the animals find it a terrifying experience either way.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
To All those people saying it's ok it's just 200 stores, you just don't seem to get it.

The fact that 200 stores are changing tells you something about the changing demographic in England.

It's 200 stores now, but once they have their foot in the door it'll be another 200.

Once an area panders to the so called minority, people move away and ghettos are created.

There are places in England now that we may as well call the middle east.

It's a disgrace what's happening to this country. One of these Ghettos, called Tower Hamlets in London was recently subject to the Mayor using Islam, and telling people if they didn't vote for him it would be unislamic. Basically getting into a position of power because of the demographic.

Tower Hamlets Today, London tomorrow. Bradford, Luton and Leicester are gone already. No wonder we have all of these individuals going to join ISIS.

People keep brushing it under the carpet and turning a blind eye, but I swear in 20 years time England will be under sharia law. Mark my words.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. The "pork eaters" all moved area due the decline in house prices and dissolving community based on British values. I'm sure many have complained. People now want there meat tortured whilst listening to tannoy system prayers

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21
I would LOVE to disagree with you but unfortunately you are correct. Britain is a very desirable place to live due to high living standards, free health care for all and of course easily exploitable benefits. People can come to the country, have a child, move back to a European country and we still pay their benefits, famously exploited by the serge in Polish immigrants 10 years ago. Now we have a problem with Albanians and Algerians who come to the country with no intention of working, only to sponge our benefit system. African countries play the I'm gay and will be killed in my home country card, and due to the EU and human rights movements we are unable to send em back in most cases, where they will then breed like rabbits and be giving large houses than no family earning under £100k a year could afford. This country now promotes idleness over success, the opposite of the American dream.

This country has so much to offer and I do enjoy the variety of cultures that have helped make this country great, but I am completely opposed to the colonisation of an area and spreading like a cancer, driving locals out of their communities and destroying entire high streets with sub standard shops and products. I have to now move as my hometown,born and bred, has been overridden by groups of people that do not share my values, nor do they want to assimilate into our way of life, ostracising locals. I am not a racist. I do not agree with what happened in South Africa nor British people taking over Spain to escape a once loved Britain. It has a domino affect, but unfortunately I do not blame them as I agree with their intentions

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
I'm in agreement with the OP. This is coming from a person who was raised in a Jewish family and who ate kosher whenever I ate with my family. If there wasn't a place that served Kosher food, we simply didn't eat there. We didn't complain and demand stores or food chains to serve to us in a manner that suited my parents' religion.

It's ridiculous to see so much power coming from religion when they should be residing only within their own walls.

This is what i like to see.

Vegetarians who dont eat fish, dont eat and macdonolds because they dont want any of their food cooked in oil that fish gets cooked in, its fairly simple. If they made a huge fuss would macdonolds put a seperate fryer in every resaurant to suit them and gain the busniess? Reason i bring this up is that im not sure that ive ever seen any muslim customers in a sub way ever, and while im not a subway addict ive had more than a few in my time.

This is a totally unreasonable change to make for everyone that goes to subway that enjoys Ham and Bacon in their food, i would wager that subway makes more from selling pig products than they do from serving strict muslims customers - but perhaps this has more to do with WHO owns the subway franchise stores than who gets served in said stores?

Imagine this taken to an extreme. Subway franchise spokesman "Due to pressure from anti-bread lobbyists we are now removing all bread products from our sandwich range at subway and therefore chanigng our name to 'Way' and slogan to 'Way - eat fresh, unless anti fresh pressure makes us only serve canned goods' " - okay thats a little silly but you get the idea.

So what happened to equal rights for all again? wait arnt muslims a little sexist? 0.o

Bleh, why do we even bother *rolls eyes*

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus
Back to the thread, I hate subway so I hope they give into vegetarians and offer no meat, and cater for those opposed to carbonated drinks. Soon they will reduce the oxygen in shops to cater for the plants

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
It's a disgrace what's happening to this country. One of these Ghettos, called Tower Hamlets in London was recently subject to the Mayor using Islam, and telling people if they didn't vote for him it would be unislamic. Basically getting into a position of power because of the demographic.

Would that be the Tower Hamlets mayor who has just been removed for corruption?

Last Thursday, as Lutfur Rahman, the extremist-linked mayor of Tower Hamlets, was thrown out of office by a judge for corruption, vote-rigging and bribery,

Telegrapgh but widely reported elsewhere

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I'm guessing 'Muslims' run the Subways too which is another reason why.

I don't agree with it at all.

More votes for UKIP I think although they are mainly concerned with East Europeans for some reason.
edit on CDTMon, 27 Apr 2015 07:04:23 -0500u3007x123x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
screw it, Subway now has one less customer

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Subway is gross, but about once a year I'll get a Subway sandwich. I wouldn't be able to bring myself to eat their nasty, thin, flimsy bacon, but if that is what I liked to eat there and they didn't have it, I'd go somewhere else that did.

They probably did a market analysis and realized they'd make more money at those stores, which are probably in areas more heavily populated by Muslims.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

A business catering to the demands of its customers? How dare they! Chances are the subways that now serve this meat are in Muslim communities and if Subway wants their business they will cater to them or lose out on profit. It's not like all Subways are going this route. Calm down and stop hating on Muslims.
edit on 27-4-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Subway works on a franchise model. It's up to each franchise to maximise profits, so if you open your franchise in a highly populated muslim area then your going to serve halal meet I imagine in jewish areas there are kosher menus. Not as interesting a story though for the knee jerk reaction. I know muslims aren't very popular these days. Eta.... What a surprise daily mail creating a story and creating the desired effect. Lapped up by ats
edit on 27-4-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Subway is a huge corporation - it is first and foremost about $s $s $s.

Corporate "greed" will pander to whatever works the bottom line best. It has nothing to do with Islamism per se. It just depends on the demographics - it could be any religion, ethnicity, or even a very large group of vegetarians - that determines the menu.

edit on 4/27/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Muslims that have been given freedoms here and then join ISIS after all this country has done for them is a desired effect?

Muslims beating and torturing animals in slaughter houses before they slit their throats and watch them squirm and bleed out is a desired effect?

Open your eyes. People aren't looking for something to hate about these people, they do that for themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join