It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rationality of love, even (especially) for the evil doers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
Okay, allow me to modify and expand my original statement, because I do agree with your basic premise that children do inherently feel.

"If children really learned to love, that would go a very long way toward helping with these morality issues later in life."

We need to support children in their feeling, and help them grow further in feeling love and heart-communion with Reality at a young age.

edit on 4/29/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bb23108

Though children go through growth stages, ie around 3-4 they start to develop a sense of others as separate from self and to share. and various maturing stages, so they lack fine tuned abilities to control impulses or abstract reasoning, with individual variants, they are already Love.

They're our teachers. With children, they exhibit "the sins of the father" or the failures of adults and society.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bb23108

"If children really learned to love, that would go a very long way toward helping with these morality issues later in life."

We need to support children in their feeling, and help them grow further in feeling love and heart-communion with Reality at a young age.

Children do not need to learn to love. When a child is born it does not know of separation - seeing is happening, hearing is happening and there is no sense that there is someone seeing some thing - there is just unconditioned awareness (unconditional love ). It is only when the sense of separation occurs that there seems to be a need to protect 'myself' from what is 'out there' or 'I' have to get what is 'out there' - fear and desire. The mind will then be in protection mode - seeking security - it will be planning next based on before. It is the sense of separation which causes love to be veiled with fear.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Children do not need to learn to love. When a child is born it does not know of separation - seeing is happening, hearing is happening and there is no sense that there is someone seeing some thing - there is just unconditioned awareness (unconditional love ). It is only when the sense of separation occurs that there seems to be a need to protect 'myself' from what is 'out there' or 'I' have to get what is 'out there' - fear and desire. The mind will then be in protection mode - seeking security - it will be planning next based on before. It is the sense of separation which causes love to be veiled with fear.

That sense of separation occurs in the body-mind as a means for the child to differentiate themselves as body-minds, for their body-mind's own protection. This occurs no matter how the child is brought up. So they must learn to consciously love as the whole body-mind with the feeling heart even in the midst of this necessary differentiation.

Unfortunately, most children are rushed into mental development without properly developing their feeling capacity to love as and with the heart.

This is also evident in the world of spirituality where mental insight relative to non-dualism and transcendentalism may be enjoyed and/or mystical ascent into the subtle world - but this is not allowing the heart to open in unbounded whole bodily feeling and love on a daily basis in life.

Most people are looking to escape the world via some mental approach, rather than fully embrace it as non-separate unconditional conscious love. Our entire experience of the world is psychic in nature and the more we feel this and participate on that basis, the more alive we, and the whole world become - not simply mental pictures on a screen.

edit on 4/30/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
a reply to: bb23108

Though children go through growth stages, ie around 3-4 they start to develop a sense of others as separate from self and to share. and various maturing stages, so they lack fine tuned abilities to control impulses or abstract reasoning, with individual variants, they are already Love.

Yes I agree with the necessity for differentiation you mentioned - and responded already to itsnowagain relative to that.

However, though they are unconditional love, so are all of us - but we must learn, as they must, to love whole bodily, with the feeling heart, in life - because even their bodies are full of patterns that are not necessarily expressive of unconditional love.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join