It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Land rising out of the sea in Japan, 50 feet in one night

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight
Hell, Hawaii gets new land on a pretty regular basis.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: skuly

I worry for the people of Japan. Ever since the big quakes, I have had a very bad feeling about that area. This sort of news isn't helping!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

There was something about land rising way back then, or some weird discovery, Bimany road or something along those lines, but it was always one of those highly contested predictions that supposedly gave some credence to his writings.

I went and found it, I figure you deserve an explanation!
And so do any Cayce fans reading this....

On September 2, 1968, while diving in three fathoms (5.5 metres) of water off the northwest coast of North Bimini island, J. Manson Valentine, Jacques Mayol and Robert Angove encountered an extensive "pavement" of what later was found to be noticeably rounded stones of varying size and thickness.[2][3] This stone pavement was found to form a northeast-southwest linear feature, which is most commonly known as either the "Bimini Road" or "Bimini Wall". After Valentine, the Bimini Road has been visited and examined by geologists, avocational archaeologists, professional archaeologists, anthropologists, marine engineers, innumerable divers, and many other people. In addition to the Bimini Road, investigators have found two additional "pavement-like" linear features that lie parallel to and shoreward of the Bimini Wall

Wiki-Bimini Road

The Edgar Cayce Foundation says this:

For some years A.R.E. members and the organization itself have conducted expeditions in search of ruins or any remains of the lost continent of Atlantis. According to Cayce, Atlantis—located from the Gulf of Mexico to Gibraltar—was destroyed in a final catastrophic event circa 10,000 B.C.

The focus of A.R.E. efforts has been in the Bimini area, however, other related locations have also been investigated. Research on the so-called Bimini Road has been hampered as researchers are split on the origin of the structure: some believe it is a manmade road or foundation while others assert it is natural beach rock, which fractured in place. However, a seldom-discussed fact is that a portion of the Bimini Road was removed after a hurricane in 1926.

www.edgarcayce.org...

There is A LOT of information on that page about what they believe is there and that when he is referring to Atlantis this is what he meant.

Do I believe it? Not really, for some reason Atlantis just doesn't fit into my own view of the world,but that is what the Edgar Cayce foundation is saying.

And I realize it is totally off topic,
So
back to doom!
Or lack there of.

edit on 26-4-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

but that is what the Edgar Cayce foundation is saying.

Of course it is. They were desperate because he made a specific prediction. Which failed. So they spun it.
No new land appeared.
edit on 4/26/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Nope, none did that I know of either.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Has China claimed it as their own yet?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Yes, but from a volcano and not 50 ft in 1 day!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Off topic, but it's great to see you around after the # management gave you and others a while back.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

It didn't seem your statement had much to do with how, or how fast the addition was.

Just be glad it's new land in a country who is an ally.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Thanks for taking your valuable time in pointing. that out!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

It's the weekend. My time is pretty cheap on weekends.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

R'lyeh is rising. Cthulhu is coming.
Seriously, though, that's interesting. I wonder what caused it and if it's going to stay or sink again.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Darkblade71
"Next few years." 1941. Huh.

Cayce revealed that new land will appear in 1968 or 1969 off the east coast of North America, the so-called "rising of Atlantis".
I just checked Google Earth. No new land.

That is when the Bimini road was first discovered so I would not be so quick to debunk that since YOU do not know if the land pushed up in that area a bit to reveal it.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I worry for the people of Japan. Ever since the big quakes, I have had a very bad feeling about that area. This sort of news isn't helping!

Actually if you do not want the whole world to die off in the next 10-20 years we need to pray that Fukashima is sunk and buried under a half mile of earth pretty quick. The Pacific is dying because of all the Radioactive water that is being pumped into the ocean to keep the reactors cool.

75 PERCENT of all Sea Lion pups in the Pacific died just last year alone. That number is quickly being reached already this year. They are a the one species to look at for Ocean health. Whales are missing fins and showing huge Tumors let alone starving do to the smaller fish they feed on being gone.

Most of the fish in the Gulf just ran away from the Oil Spill as we had a huge fish increase off the west coast of Florida but they cant see Radiation and its killing everything in its path and spreading the Radiation to the west coast of the U.S. and Canada fast. Our evil government is trying hard to cover it up but we are already seeing major increases of Leukemia in Washington and Oregon as the sea birds are bringing it onshore now, let alone all the fools still eating Fish.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I wonder who is going to start charging to buy real estate .....

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

How does that happen without some kind of upheaval of the surrounding water and land?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Boy howdy! Leave it to Mother Nature to awe. We spend so much energy on destroying the Earth in various ways, yet I know of no human project that could do anything like this in a day. Absolutely amazing stuff. Thank you!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Not surprising. Most such islands are pretty active geologically, not only that but japan is also sitting on a supervolcano, its all the way on the other side of the island from were this rise took place, but its likely that a lot of the area under japan is pretty active underneath, it may not be as visual as it is in Hawaii but that only means all that pressure eventually has to go somewere.

I mean that rise is pretty cool. But really its a pimple on the back of a blue whale compared to what could happen if things really start expanding and really heating up under them crust.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

It's not being attributed to crustal movement as Dutchsince says, he's completely wrong (again).

It's from a landslide..

In the on-site study, Shintaro Yamasaki, assistant professor of engineering technology at the Kitami Institute of Technology in Hokkaido, concluded that a landslide occurred on the hill toward the sea.

The landslide pushed up the seabed and, as a result, the sea bottom appeared above the surface, he said.

ajw.asahi.com...

Was going to post similar, glad i checked all the posts for once!

The landslide was allegedly triggered by thawing snow and ice on unstable land. Furthermore local residents weren't actually aware of it until the morning - it wasn't there at night and was in the morning. There was no tectonic movement, so no earthquake.

I would add that those people climbing on that land are perhaps not the sharpest people on the planet - it looks inherently unstable and could disappear again just as quickly.

Rickymouse, the locals felt no earth movement overnight. There were no associated loud noises either. They simply went to bed without that land and woke up to find it there. If it was tectonic in origin, there would have been all sorts of associated pointers.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

The Pacific isn't dying because of Fukushima. That sort of alarmist fear mongering really needs to stop - it is a completely inane statement (and i would also add insane, to a degree).

That particular claim has been debunked so many times it is actually really boring now, not just incorrect. Instead of looking at nutters like Dutchsinse, try looking at some of the actual scientific background into the claims. There is certainly enough info out there for even the laziest armchair "warrior" to discover the lies (or possibly complete lack of scientific understanding) behind such a claim.

Millions upon millions of people make their livings from the Pacific ocean. That is why it is important to stop such rampantly unhinged fear mongering.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join