It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush authorized Torture

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
The American Civil Liberties Union is nothing more than a group of trouble makers out to destroy decency!

Members of the ACLU are the ones who need to be tortured!

BTW, the prisoners that are being tortured aren't even Americans! What has this group become? International now?

[edit on 21/12/04 by Intelearthling]

It's ok to torture people as long as they aren't American? American lives are worth more than everyone else? So much for all men being created equal...where have I read that??????

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I don't support torture and if there's a way to stop it I would support that, but it seems many of you commenting here really don't give a rats butt about people being tortured, you only care that somehow Bush takes the blame for people being tortured.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

"The U.S. is committed to the worldwide elimination of torture and we are leading this fight by example. I call on all governments to join with the U.S. and the community of law abiding nations in prohibiting, investigating and prosecuting all acts of torture." - G.W. Bush, June 26, 2003

It will be interesting to see what top official(s) will be brought up on war crime charges when all surfaces...that is if the evidence isn't destroyed first...or convienently lost....sound familiar?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

And guess what: They have the right not to care. People learn from experience and adapt. In the case of the USA... we learned that smiling at other countries and playing by make believe international laws doesn't keep us safe.

Let me ask you something, how informed are you of how 9/11 happened?

Did you blame the Iraqis for it.?

Iraqis did not had anything to do with 9/11, Iraqis never did anything to you or Americans to merit an invasion and abused in their country.

Iraqis became hostile to the US after the invasion of their country.

So remember who did 9/11, it was Al-qaida, mostly Saudi nationals and afghanistanis.

So the next time you remember 9/11 blame Bush for not getting bin-laden get your facts straight, the Iraqis victims of the prison scandal deserved that much.

yawn... yes marg, I realize that Iraq is not saudi arabia. I also realize that the only way to protect america from terrorism is to completely re-tool the middle east and eliminate the conditions that lead young arab men into terrorism. Now, how do you do that? By carving out modernized, democratic states amid seas of 14th century fanatics. Modernization has the best chance to suceed in Iraq... and if it works there it will spread to places like saudi arabia, thus eventually eliminating groups like al qaeda.

The only other option is to establish direct, perpetual military overlordship of the entire middle east. Now... I'm sure you don't want that? Sitting back and letting that region act like it has is simply not acceptable. The US is obliged to radically redesign that part of the world.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The only other option is to establish direct, perpetual military overlordship of the entire middle east. Now... I'm sure you don't want that? Sitting back and letting that region act like it has is simply not acceptable. The US is obliged to radically redesign that part of the world.

Yes, you are perfect for the new world order militia, Bush is going to need a few good man or women to stablish he's new regime.

Hail to Bush the lord.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Sorry to be the one to say this, but....

There are those who watched the bodies jumping from the burning towers... there are those who heard about it later on... and there are those who have based all of their perceptions about 9-11 upon what some anti-government activist on their campus told them. My guess is that most people who watched the towers, and the bodies, as they fell realize that we do not live in the clean world that self-professed ethicists like to fantasize about. The end result: even if it turns out that Bush did authorize even brutal torture methods many americans won't care.

And guess what: They have the right not to care. People learn from experience and adapt. In the case of the USA... we learned that smiling at other countries and playing by make believe international laws doesn't keep us safe.

I think that most Americans do and will care. Ever hear of Osama bin Laden? He is the one responsible for the attack on 9/11, not the Iraqi prisoners...why should they be tortured and pay the price for something they and thier country had nothing do with? Although I am sure that they applauded Osama for the attack, they were not involved.

Are we safer now than before invading Iraq?...noooo! In fact...I think it has made everything worse and interfered with the capture of OBL.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Yes, you are perfect for the new world order militia, Bush is going to need a few good man or women to stablish he's new regime.

Hail to Bush the lord.

Who ever said that I wasn't already a part of the NWO? For all you know I'm sitting in a bunker with Dick Cheney and an alien... and we're looking at photos we secretly took of you dancing to the 'Weekend at Bernie's' soundtrack in your shower.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Wow...sounds like a dictatorship of the NWO to me? I bet that Bush will be the supreme leader in this overlordship. What right do we have to impose our way of life and our spiritual beliefs onto others? We are obliged??? By who?...oh, I forgot OverLordBush The Chosen One and his cronies

[edit on 12/21/2004 by Cherish]

[edit on 12/22/2004 by Cherish]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Cherish,
Yes, we don't have the 'right' to impose our ways on anyone. Ultimately... do we even have the 'right' to protect ourselves? In the end, I have no idea. I am not sitting in some faculty lounge right now formulating theories on what is 'right' and what isn't.

What I do know is that the american people want to live. I also know that there are a lot of other people outside of america who have repeatedly shown that they have no interest in co-existing with america... all at the same time that a previously mercy-prone america has a huge strength advantage over them.

So, do we have a 'right' to remake the middle east in our image. At the metaphysical level... maybe not. If a pack of wolves kills one of my relatives do I have the 'right' to shoot one if I come across it? Who knows. In both cases that capability exists, though.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I think that all peoples want to live amd that all peoples also have the right to protect themselves and thier families, even thier way of life and thier belief system.

We did not just happen to come across the pack of wolves that was responsible for our injuries. We hunted them down but we shot the wrong animal. It wasn't a pack of wolves it was a pack of badgers and they are still after us. But the wolves, who have been known to bite at times, were doing thier own thing in their own land are paying the price for the badgers deads while the badger grows stronger everyday while we are still hunting the wolves and making them pay for the dasdardley dead. Where is that badger, anyway?

Too bad America can not take care of it's own social problems and grow stronger and wiser instead of weaker and more isolated.

[edit on 12/22/2004 by Cherish]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
You�re being pulled around by the press, wake up. Now dry those tears for all those murdering, low life, scum, lunatic, terrorist that just had a misguided childhood.

The Geneva Accords concerns soldiers with visible insignia using visible weaponry. The Fanatic Terrorist dressed as civilians with hidden bombs do not apply. Until they do fight as soldiers there is no punishment great enough, as they threaten civilization.

The FBI's guide lines of interrogation were designed for use on US citizens.
Again these terrorist do not fit, we are not talking about Pee Wee Herman.
Were talking about the same people decapitating women and aid workers.

You really shouldn't give the FBI too much credit either because those of us that have worked along side them know just how dangerous they can be.... to those working along side them. It's bad enough THEY believe their own propaganda hype. They do great surviellance but they need their guns and any lead positions taken away. They can help most by keeping their "leaky" butts out of the way.

Bush was right, if it saves a single US of Brit life torture these bastards asses off.
The CIA was wrong not to do it within the company or to bring in police from Uraquay to do it. They should never have used $300 million of Iraqi oil to pay Syria to do it (to the dozen terrorist taken to Syria for information gathering). They did come up with some good info but as yet that 270 gallons of (dioxin based?) fungal agent is still missing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join